2018-2019 Duke University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
seems like a lull now??

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
I just got a call with a NC area code :eek:...it was a spam caller! Never have I been so toyed with in my life....

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone from the early September interviews heard back yet?

Has anybody even heard anything in the last two hours??

Reactions: 3 users
Did these callers go see How to Train Your Dragon 3 or something? Surely not all calls have gone out have they?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It’s possible that only certain faculty members have made their calls, and the rest (who likely have significant clinical duties) have still yet to make them

Reactions: 2 users
Calls are supposed to spill over into Monday right?

ACCEPTED!!!! AAAH by far one of my absolute favorite schools!!!! So incredibly excited!!

Reactions: 7 users
This silence and uncertainty is painful...congrats to all accepted already :)

Reactions: 5 users
accepted!!!! I actually didn't pick up the first call because i thought it was a spam call but then was on sdn and realized they were doing acceptance calls, thank goodness they called again or it would've been a weekend of agony

Reactions: 1 users
Tempted to call and see if all acceptances are going out today/how late to expect calls if so

Reactions: 5 users
Tempted to call and see if all acceptances are going out today/how late to expect calls if so
That would be the only way to find out whether most calls gone out at this point..and maybe have a less agonizing weekend..

Yeah that was my thought too :// but the call went straight to voicemail

Does anyone know how it goes with other schools who don’t do rolling admissions? I wonder if this wonky system is in place across the board or unique to Duke.

Does anyone know how it goes with other schools who don’t do rolling admissions? I wonder if this wonky system is in place across the board or unique to Duke.
I know UPenn does emails/electronic notification, thank god

pretty sure harvard is gonna hit everybody at once right in the portal

I feel like schools think we enjoy the calls more, but to be honest I much rather just know immediately through email

Reactions: 9 users
I feel like schools think we enjoy the calls more, but to be honest I much rather just know immediately through email

Right my thoughts would be to tell everyone via portal and then if you really want to, call the following week to congratulate and answer questions. That’s how some of the undergrads I got accepted to did it.

i’m guessing that’s it? definitely bummed, but I’m not going to let it ruin my weekend!! see you all here on Monday for the WL/R wave :(

p.s. congrats to those accepted!

Do we really think the acceptances are over? I feel like not that many people posted about getting accepted
In previous years was it always a call or did people get accepted by email the next Monday without having gotten a call first?

only 7 or 8 people posted here which i feel is a little low if they sent out 200+ acceptances already?

could just be hopeful thinking though lol

The Mayo thread felt like it had equal or more posted acceptances with a much smaller class size, I’d bet we’d see more Monday...hopefully with a better outcome for me lol

got accepted around 4 pm EST. they mentioned an email going out soon so hopefully people have closure soon. hang in there!

Reactions: 3 users
Can any students (or anyone else who knows) give an idea of the agenda for second look? I really want to go but since it's so soon I'm running into a couple issues, so I was hoping an idea of the specific start time could help me look into travel arrangements

The person who called me mentioned something about the weekend of March 15th but I didn't catch if it started Friday morning/Thursday evening etc.
Dr. Yee said all of the information about second look should be in the email we will receive tomorrow.

Can any students (or anyone else who knows) give an idea of the agenda for second look? I really want to go but since it's so soon I'm running into a couple issues, so I was hoping an idea of the specific start time could help me look into travel arrangements
I think we’re going to receive an email tomorrow that will provide more details about second look! I’m waiting to book my travel plans until then
Edit: @PsychPineapple beat me to it lol

Thanks for all the responses guys! I also decided to wait until we get some more info through the emails tomorrow

Does anybody know what time decisions will be emailed tomorrow? Whether acceptance or WL/R

Does anybody know what time decisions will be emailed tomorrow? Whether acceptance or WL/R

From previous threads, it seems that the e-mail trickled down from 12 to 5pm....

I called the school and they said all acceptances have gone out, so later today we will hear back as to whether we have been rejected/WL