Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Reactions: jq92

dancerdoctor

5+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know how formal the event the night before the interview is?
It's super informal at either a coffee shop or ice cream shop in Durham. Meant to give you a chance to let off some nerves and hang out with current students and interviewees outside of the formal interview attire

Reactions: jq92

manofsteel9

Pre-Medical Student
2+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2014
Status
Congrats to everyone who got II's!! And to everyone waiting (including me), let's try to be patient! There are so many factors determining when the invites are sent, so I really don't think looking at complete dates are THAT important.

medschoolzombie

2+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2016
Congrats to everyone who got II's!! And to everyone waiting (including me), let's try to be patient! There are so many factors determining when the invites are sent, so I really don't think looking at complete dates are THAT important.
Ya it looks like complete dates don’t matter anymore. They’re probably going by stats as far as I can tell

Jun 26, 2018
Congrats! Would you mind relaying what dates are available?
Ahh I'm sorry I selected a date right away and then it closed so I don't know the exact days, but it was the last two weeks of Oct and first three weeks of Nov

Jun 16, 2018
Interview here on Monday! (LMK if anyone else will be there too!) But I'm interviewing PCLT and I was wondering if anyone has done that type of interview yet and can speak to if/how it is different from the regular one?

Reactions: freedoctor17
May 8, 2017
Have an upcoming II! Have been on a few IIs so far but this is the one I’m looking most forward to! Anyone know the post interview acceptance rate? Thanks.

Jun 10, 2018
To those who interviewed here yesterday, or in years past, do you have any general advice for the MMI? Anything we should keep in mind or we should be prepared for? Was it relaxed or did they purposely try and keep you stressed the whole time?

Aug 1, 2018
To those who interviewed here yesterday, or in years past, do you have any general advice for the MMI? Anything we should keep in mind or we should be prepared for? Was it relaxed or did they purposely try and keep you stressed the whole time?
Duke doesn't stress interview and everyone I met there was stupid friendly. Can't give you any specifics about the MMI, but remember, it doesn't matter what your viewpoint is, just show the logic of how you got there and what points you considered. Just be respectful, friendly, and think out loud more or less about the topic.

Reactions: TheJooce
Oct 9, 2018
I have an interview coming up here and I was wondering if anyone who has interviewed here already could provide me with a little feedback please. With regards to the MMI, are you allowed to bring the paper with the prompt inside the room? If yes, are you given a pencil/pen to highlight key areas of the prompt?

This will be my first MMI, so I do not know what to expect. Thank you in advance!

MC_Infarction

2+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2016
Status
I have an interview coming up here and I was wondering if anyone who has interviewed here already could provide me with a little feedback please. With regards to the MMI, are you allowed to bring the paper with the prompt inside the room? If yes, are you given a pencil/pen to highlight key areas of the prompt?

This will be my first MMI, so I do not know what to expect. Thank you in advance!
No, you're not allowed to bring paper or notes into the room.

BigSkyBeta

2+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2015
Status
Medical Student

The prompt is actually on an iPad outside of the room so it won't even be a paper copy for you to take.

It will be short enough that you will be able to remember what it is asking of you

Oct 23, 2017
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
The prompt is actually on an iPad outside of the room so it won't even be a paper copy for you to take.

It will be short enough that you will be able to remember what it is asking of you
I don't want to tell specifics of the MMI, but I can say for sure that, at least on my interview date at Duke in this cycle, there was no iPad involved at any point.

Reactions: BigSkyBeta

BigSkyBeta

2+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2015
Status
Medical Student
I don't want to tell specifics of the MMI, but I can say for sure that, at least on my interview date at Duke in this cycle, there was no iPad involved at any point.
Whoops! My apologies for the misleading information. I was trying to remember whether or not those iPads were still there as it has been some time since I interviewed. Thank you for pointing that out and providing some more up to date information.

Reactions: TheJooce
Jul 5, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
II today. Complete late August. Very excited to see the place? What are people wearing to the social gathering the night before? I am planning on just doing some slacks and a nice button down shirt.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2017
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
II today. Complete late August. Very excited to see the place? What are people wearing to the social gathering the night before? I am planning on just doing some slacks and a nice, button down shirt.
It was super informal! I wore shorts and a short-sleeve button down. Don't feel like you need to overdo it.

Reactions: rasputinc