2018-2019 Duke University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Likely they went out Sunday night (mine came in on a Sunday at 11:30 pm)
3.85/525
I was complete around 7/20

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II tonight around 9/10 pm!!! Complete late July, LM 73-74, ORM

Reactions: 5 users
Also have an II here - I'm so excited! (And pretty glad I pushed through their secondary!)

Reactions: 3 users
II yesterday as well! complete early august, LM 75

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how formal the event the night before the interview is?

Does anyone know how formal the event the night before the interview is?
It's super informal at either a coffee shop or ice cream shop in Durham. Meant to give you a chance to let off some nerves and hang out with current students and interviewees outside of the formal interview attire

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah. Wear whatever you want. And eat! Because Duke will pick up the tab. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to everyone who got II's!! And to everyone waiting (including me), let's try to be patient! There are so many factors determining when the invites are sent, so I really don't think looking at complete dates are THAT important.

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to everyone who got II's!! And to everyone waiting (including me), let's try to be patient! There are so many factors determining when the invites are sent, so I really don't think looking at complete dates are THAT important.
Ya it looks like complete dates don’t matter anymore. They’re probably going by stats as far as I can tell

Oh my gosh I am in total shock got an II today

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats! Would you mind relaying what dates are available?

Ahh I'm sorry I selected a date right away and then it closed so I don't know the exact days, but it was the last two weeks of Oct and first three weeks of Nov

Interview here on Monday! (LMK if anyone else will be there too!) But I'm interviewing PCLT and I was wondering if anyone has done that type of interview yet and can speak to if/how it is different from the regular one?

Have an upcoming II! Have been on a few IIs so far but this is the one I’m looking most forward to! Anyone know the post interview acceptance rate? Thanks.

Have an upcoming II! Have been on a few IIs so far but this is the one I’m looking most forward to! Anyone know the post interview acceptance rate? Thanks.

Last year was about 30 percent according to US news data.

To those who interviewed here yesterday, or in years past, do you have any general advice for the MMI? Anything we should keep in mind or we should be prepared for? Was it relaxed or did they purposely try and keep you stressed the whole time?

To those who interviewed here yesterday, or in years past, do you have any general advice for the MMI? Anything we should keep in mind or we should be prepared for? Was it relaxed or did they purposely try and keep you stressed the whole time?

Duke doesn't stress interview and everyone I met there was stupid friendly. Can't give you any specifics about the MMI, but remember, it doesn't matter what your viewpoint is, just show the logic of how you got there and what points you considered. Just be respectful, friendly, and think out loud more or less about the topic.

MSTP II a couple hours ago!

Reactions: 2 users
I have an interview coming up here and I was wondering if anyone who has interviewed here already could provide me with a little feedback please. With regards to the MMI, are you allowed to bring the paper with the prompt inside the room? If yes, are you given a pencil/pen to highlight key areas of the prompt?

This will be my first MMI, so I do not know what to expect. Thank you in advance!

I have an interview coming up here and I was wondering if anyone who has interviewed here already could provide me with a little feedback please. With regards to the MMI, are you allowed to bring the paper with the prompt inside the room? If yes, are you given a pencil/pen to highlight key areas of the prompt?

This will be my first MMI, so I do not know what to expect. Thank you in advance!
No, you're not allowed to bring paper or notes into the room.

The prompt is actually on an iPad outside of the room so it won't even be a paper copy for you to take.

It will be short enough that you will be able to remember what it is asking of you

The prompt is actually on an iPad outside of the room so it won't even be a paper copy for you to take.

It will be short enough that you will be able to remember what it is asking of you

I don't want to tell specifics of the MMI, but I can say for sure that, at least on my interview date at Duke in this cycle, there was no iPad involved at any point.

I don't want to tell specifics of the MMI, but I can say for sure that, at least on my interview date at Duke in this cycle, there was no iPad involved at any point.
Whoops! My apologies for the misleading information. I was trying to remember whether or not those iPads were still there as it has been some time since I interviewed. Thank you for pointing that out and providing some more up to date information.

II today. Complete late August. Very excited to see the place? What are people wearing to the social gathering the night before? I am planning on just doing some slacks and a nice button down shirt.

Last edited:
II today. Complete late August. Very excited to see the place? What are people wearing to the social gathering the night before? I am planning on just doing some slacks and a nice, button down shirt.

It was super informal! I wore shorts and a short-sleeve button down. Don't feel like you need to overdo it.

II today. Complete late August. Very excited to see the place? What are people wearing to the social gathering the night before? I am planning on just doing some slacks and a nice button down shirt.

The night before is very casual! I think I wore blue or kakhi jeans and a button down. Wear whatever you’ll be comfortable in (unless that’s a suit or something, that’d prob be a bit much ;) )

II!!!! I just saw the email which was sent 2 hrs ago (since I wasn't expecting any emails this late in the day), and when I went to schedule an interview, it says "There are no available interview sessions scheduled at this time. Please check back later to schedule your interview session." Has this happened to anyone else before? Does that just mean to check back tomorrow?

Last edited: