Jun 2, 2018
Does anyone know the current open dates for interviews ?
Early to mid December. Sorry I don’t remember all of the dates, they disappeared after I selected mine!

Reactions: mmaslyanko

manofsteel9

Pre-Medical Student
2+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2014
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
II yesterday morning! So grateful and excited for this opportunity! LM77 and was complete mid-late July. Many dates in December were available, starting with 12/3.

manofsteel9

Pre-Medical Student
2+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2014
Status

cc2233

2+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2016
Anyone complete in September or later hear back?

Reactions: psychopremed77
Nov 13, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone have solid information on the amount of financial aid and scholarships that are typically delivered to students? Or better yet, is there a way for an applicant to estimate this? It would be incredible but it's so expensive.

Reactions: here2help

MC_Infarction

2+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2016
Status
Anyone have solid information on the amount of financial aid and scholarships that are typically delivered to students? Or better yet, is there a way for an applicant to estimate this? It would be incredible but it's so expensive.
Here’s the Financial Aid presentation that they present on interview day:
https://medschool.duke.edu/sites/medschool.duke.edu/files/field/attachments/med_fa_presentation_oct_2019-2020.pdf

Don’t have the most recent MSAR data for average debt but I think around ~110k if I remember correctly (will correct if I am wrong!)
I don’t know the formula that Duke uses to determine financial aid, but I hope this helps!

Dec 20, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
https://medschool.duke.edu/sites/medschool.duke.edu/files/field/attachments/med_fa_presentation_oct_2019-2020.pdf

Don’t have the most recent MSAR data for average debt but I think around ~110k if I remember correctly (will correct if I am wrong!)
I don’t know the formula that Duke uses to determine financial aid, but I hope this helps!
ok I literally have no recollection of seeing this presentation on our interview day, so thanks for posting!

Jun 5, 2018
ok I literally have no recollection of seeing this presentation on our interview day, so thanks for posting!
Same! Actually, I remember Dr. Yee said that due to interviewee feedback that stopped doing presentations like this! I thought he meant last cycle but maybe they stopped with presentations half way through this cycle.

Dec 20, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Same! Actually, I remember Dr. Yee said that due to interviewee feedback that stopped doing presentations like this! I thought he meant last cycle but maybe they stopped with presentations half way through this cycle.
maybe... except I interviewed the first week in september! hahaha. Well I'm glad we have the info now.

MC_Infarction

2+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2016
Status
Maybe they stopped giving the presentation?? I honestly have no idea. I remember seeing it on my interview day but that was 2 years ago (I’m getting old)

Nov 13, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical

Thanks, this is helpful! I also saw the average debt amount, and it seems lower than most other schools. However, I'm wary that the average debt is relatively low because Duke med students have families who contribute significantly to their cost of attendance....

Nov 13, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
maybe... except I interviewed the first week in september! hahaha. Well I'm glad we have the info now.
I called the office and the presentation is right on their financial aid website too! I guess I just missed it the first time I was looking on there...

DrStormThunder

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
2+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2015
Status
II! Complete late Sept/early Oct (big oops). Real confused bc my stats arent great enough to compensate for the late submission but who am I to complain ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ One date in Dec remaining, like 5 scattered throughout January.
Congrats!!! What are your stats?

nekoatsume

2+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2017
Status
II this morning! Complete 07/21, update sent 09/15.

nekoatsume

2+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2017
Status

nekoatsume

2+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2017
Status