2018-2019 Duke University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II yesterday morning! So grateful and excited for this opportunity! LM77 and was complete mid-late July. Many dates in December were available, starting with 12/3.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Do you guys know when Duke stops sending out II?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew, hopefully my interview slot can go to one of y'all.

Reactions: 6 users
Rejected MSTP. C~8/20. Best of luck to the rest of you guys

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does Duke screen by stats ?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone complete in September or later hear back?

Anyone have solid information on the amount of financial aid and scholarships that are typically delivered to students? Or better yet, is there a way for an applicant to estimate this? It would be incredible but it's so expensive.

Anyone have solid information on the amount of financial aid and scholarships that are typically delivered to students? Or better yet, is there a way for an applicant to estimate this? It would be incredible but it's so expensive.
Here’s the Financial Aid presentation that they present on interview day:
https://medschool.duke.edu/sites/me...chments/med_fa_presentation_oct_2019-2020.pdf

Don’t have the most recent MSAR data for average debt but I think around ~110k if I remember correctly (will correct if I am wrong!)
I don’t know the formula that Duke uses to determine financial aid, but I hope this helps!

https://medschool.duke.edu/sites/me...chments/med_fa_presentation_oct_2019-2020.pdf

Don’t have the most recent MSAR data for average debt but I think around ~110k if I remember correctly (will correct if I am wrong!)
I don’t know the formula that Duke uses to determine financial aid, but I hope this helps!
ok I literally have no recollection of seeing this presentation on our interview day, so thanks for posting!

ok I literally have no recollection of seeing this presentation on our interview day, so thanks for posting!
Same! Actually, I remember Dr. Yee said that due to interviewee feedback that stopped doing presentations like this! I thought he meant last cycle but maybe they stopped with presentations half way through this cycle.

Same! Actually, I remember Dr. Yee said that due to interviewee feedback that stopped doing presentations like this! I thought he meant last cycle but maybe they stopped with presentations half way through this cycle.
maybe... except I interviewed the first week in september! hahaha. Well I'm glad we have the info now.

Maybe they stopped giving the presentation?? I honestly have no idea. I remember seeing it on my interview day but that was 2 years ago (I’m getting old)

Thanks, this is helpful! I also saw the average debt amount, and it seems lower than most other schools. However, I'm wary that the average debt is relatively low because Duke med students have families who contribute significantly to their cost of attendance....

maybe... except I interviewed the first week in september! hahaha. Well I'm glad we have the info now.

I called the office and the presentation is right on their financial aid website too! I guess I just missed it the first time I was looking on there...

When do they stop interviewing? I read somewhere that they stop in January but I'm not sure if that's true.

II! Complete late Sept/early Oct (big oops). Real confused bc my stats arent great enough to compensate for the late submission but who am I to complain ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ One date in Dec remaining, like 5 scattered throughout January.

Reactions: 6 users
II! Complete late Sept/early Oct (big oops). Real confused bc my stats arent great enough to compensate for the late submission but who am I to complain ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ One date in Dec remaining, like 5 scattered throughout January.

Congrats! What was last date in December?

Congrats!!! What are your stats?

II this morning! Complete 07/21, update sent 09/15.

Reactions: 2 users
It does not.
what kind of update did you send if you don't mind me asking? i'm thinking about sending a Pre-II letter of interest since i've been complete for a little while

Also received an II today! Complete end of July/early August.

Reactions: 4 users