2018-2019 East Tennessee (Quillen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My like is for your clear explanation, not the new traffic rules :(
Yeah it sucks. They flat out told us at my interview day at multiple schools that people who would have been outright accepted last year will be put on hold or waitlisted this year. However, they all said that if you would have been accepted last year, you’ll be accepted this year. You’ll just have to wait a little longer.

Still rough though.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
it is pretty nuts this year. in another school i interviewed at. an IS 4.0 gpa 521 MCAT got WL. unless he absolutely bombed his interview that's unreal since it wasn't a top 40 school. i wonder if letters of intent will play a bigger role this year than prior years

Members don't see this ad :)
it is pretty nuts this year. in another school i interviewed at. an IS 4.0 gpa 521 MCAT got WL. unless he absolutely bombed his interview that's unreal since it wasn't a top 40 school. i wonder if letters of intent will play a bigger role this year than prior years

I’m convinced my letter of intent is what got me accepted instead of put on hold.

I think i just kinda lucked out with my early acceptance. One of my interviewers was the chair of admissions so maybe that helped since we really hit it off...No idea. My stats are WAY below the average, and I was accepted in November.
edit: also non-urm if that helps

Reactions: 1 users
same here i feel lucky to have my early acceptances already. but i know quite a few school are WL heavy this year.

I’m convinced my letter of intent is what got me accepted instead of put on hold.
I got put on hold but made sure to send an update in to express my continued interest. My stats are below average (well just MCAT) so I consider myself luckily they didn’t outright reject me lol.

I got put on hold but made sure to send an update in to express my continued interest. My stats are below average (well just MCAT) so I consider myself luckily they didn’t outright reject me lol.

Yeah I dunno. I feel like a lot of people who got put on hold would normally have been accepted, so if you are on hold, you have a great shot of that converting to an acceptance.

Yeah I dunno. I feel like a lot of people who got put on hold would normally have been accepted, so if you are on hold, you have a great shot of that converting to an acceptance.
I hope so lol, loved the school! Plus my fiance loves the area as well and can find a job, she is a nurse.

I hope so lol, loved the school! Plus my fiance loves the area as well and can find a job, she is a nurse.

Lol I feel like so many of us in the military end up with nurses. My wife is a nurse too haha. My wife loved the area too. There are definitely plenty of places for nurses to find jobs.

Lol I feel like so many of us in the military end up with nurses. My wife is a nurse too haha. My wife loved the area too. There are definitely plenty of places for nurses to find jobs.

Yeah and her parents are in Maryland, so she likes that still in driving distance from them. So it is a good fit for both us.

Yeah and her parents are in Maryland, so she likes that still in driving distance from them. So it is a good fit for both us.

Nice. Yeah that’s not a bad trip. My parents are farther north and don’t want to drive 9 hours just for a weekend. But it’s only a $200 flight from them, and it only takes like 1.5 hours. My wife’s parents are in Cali though. They have tons of miles on southwest, but they don’t fly to JC lol. They’re kind of annoyed by about that haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nice. Yeah that’s not a bad trip. My parents are farther north and don’t want to drive 9 hours just for a weekend. But it’s only a $200 flight from them, and it only takes like 1.5 hours. My wife’s parents are in Cali though. They have tons of miles on southwest, but they don’t fly to JC lol. They’re kind of annoyed by about that haha.
We live in Northern VA now and when I drove down for my interview it was about 5.5 hours.

My boyfriend is in Cali and I have to fly a lot and typically only fly southwest. I sometimes use the Greenville, SC airport to fly out of. It is only 2 hours from JC and is the closest airport with a Southwest hub.

My boyfriend is in Cali and I have to fly a lot and typically only fly southwest. I sometimes use the Greenville, SC airport to fly out of. It is only 2 hours from JC and is the closest airport with a Southwest hub.

So you fly to Greenville and then fly to CA on southwest?

Does anyone know when the next committee meeting is?

Jan 28.

Okay, so I used my mod super powers to edit the first post in this thread. When the board meetings update, post them in here, and I will edit the first post to include the next board meeting. That way we can hopefully cut down on the tons of posts asking the same question.

Reactions: 4 users
Calls finally going out, guys. Finally accepted off WL (10/26 interview). Stats in sig. IS. Good luck for everyone waiting for a call today.

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
Calls finally going out, guys. Finally accepted off WL (10/26 interview). Stats in sig. IS. Good luck for everyone waiting for a call today.

Congrats! Calling people early today. Maybe Mr. Taylor felt bad about not being able to call yesterday lol.

Join the FB group!

Accepted ! :D

I'll be honest as I am inclining towards another university, but I'm not sure where I stand as this was an awesome program and I do want to get out of my home state but I'll try and make my decision as soon as I can.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted ! :D

I'll be honest as I am inclining towards another university, but I'm not sure where I stand as this was an awesome program and I do want to get out of my home state but I'll try and make my decision as soon as I can.

Yeah if you don’t want to go it’s best to just withdraw. But I have friends on the WL so I’m biased haha.

Either way, congrats. Feel free to join the FB group. Maybe talking to the awesome people you’d be attending with will change your mind! :)

Congrats! Calling people early today. Maybe Mr. Taylor felt bad about not being able to call yesterday lol.

Join the FB group!
Lol that's the feeling I got. He even apologized for not getting to me yesterday. Definitely going to visit the area with the family. What do I search for fb group name?

Lol that's the feeling I got. He even apologized for not getting to me yesterday. Definitely going to visit the area with the family. What do I search for fb group name?

I posted the link a few days ago, but if you search Quillen College of Medicine class of 2023 you’ll find it.

No update here. So I suppose I’m still on hold. Better than reject I suppose.

Interviewed on 12/5 and haven't heard anything today, hopefully i'm still on the hold list. Do they mail rejection letters or send an email?

Interviewed on 12/5 and haven't heard anything today, hopefully i'm still on the hold list. Do they mail rejection letters or send an email?
Pretty sure email. I think previous people on here were rejected that way.

what is the turnaround off of active hold? Is it common for QCOM?

Congrats to all accepted!!!!

I was accepted off hold after about a month. Pretty good chance I end up withdrawing my acceptance once the rest of the cycle shakes out, so yeah there should still be plenty of opportunity for movement.

Put on hold today. Out of state

Does the hold list have tiers?

after some careful thought i am going to decline my acceptance. i hope it helps some of you on the hold list