2018-2019 East Tennessee (Quillen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone had any luck getting in touch with anyone here? I emailed and called to inquire about the waitlist and radio silence.

Has anyone had any luck getting in touch with anyone here? I emailed and called to inquire about the waitlist and radio silence.

Not to be overtly negative, but at this point I would assume a soft R. I’m in the same boat as you, and I’ve arranged my plans to attend elsewhere. I will of course re-evaluate on the slim chance I’m one of the few who sneaks off the waitlist late, but I’m moving forward atm as is if it isn’t happening. I would recommend the same if you have an acceptance or re-apply if you don’t.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not to be overtly negative, but at this point I would assume a soft R. I’m in the same boat as you, and I’ve arranged my plans to attend elsewhere. I will of course re-evaluate on the slim chance I’m one of the few who sneaks off the waitlist late, but I’m moving forward atm as is if it isn’t happening. I would recommend the same if you have an acceptance or re-apply if you don’t.
oh absolutely. I was planning on moving forward as though I'm not getting in. It's just nearly impossible to get any application feedback from anyone there.

I'm withdrawing from here sometime this week and so are two of my friends. Good luck to the rest of you!

Reactions: 1 user
Don't completely give up hope. A friend of mine got accepted off the waitlist today.

Has anyone gotten their email login stuff yet?

Orientation schedule on the incoming students page says we will activate the D2L and Email accounts at the end of Monday's activities.

Just bumping this to make sure everyone has gotten the email on how to setup their ETSU email and Goldlink accounts. If you haven’t done the email setup, you’ve got a message sitting there from Dr. Kwas about the embryology book we need to read before first day classes. Just a friendly heads up! See everyone on July 15th.

Actually I have an interview on Monday at Quillen. So they are still going on!
Hey there, I applied this cycle to QCOM and saw that later in the thread you were accepted. (I hope MS-1 has been awesome for you :) ) I've been worried because I just got the secondary in a couple weeks ago, and I just took CASPer 3 days ago, so it might be another 2 weeks before they receive my secondary. Just out of curiosity, when did you get your secondary submitted to QCOM?

Hey there, I applied this cycle to QCOM and saw that later in the thread you were accepted. (I hope MS-1 has been awesome for you :) ) I've been worried because I just got the secondary in a couple weeks ago, and I just took CASPer 3 days ago, so it might be another 2 weeks before they receive my secondary. Just out of curiosity, when did you get your secondary submitted to QCOM?
Applied and was accepted here last year. Ended up at different school but was tough decision. Quillen is great. Got invite in August last year but already had Casper complete. However, recall people that did their Casper when they got the secondary and they still got an interview. You should be fine, still early. Good luck.

Applied and was accepted here last year. Ended up at different school but was tough decision. Quillen is great. Got invite in August last year but already had Casper complete. However, recall people that did their Casper when they got the secondary and they still got an interview. You should be fine, still early. Good luck.
Ok, I read so many SDN posts, not specifically for Quillen, that said applying in October is way too late and I kind of freaked myself out. Really appreciate your response, thank you.

Ok, I read so many SDN posts, not specifically for Quillen, that said applying in October is way too late and I kind of freaked myself out. Really appreciate your response, thank you.
Honestly, if your MCAT and GPA is solid and you have good EC's & ample clinical exp. you should be okay. Applying in Oct is late but I've read of people getting in if they have good stats.

I dont remember the exact date, but it was probably sometime in either november or early december.... not to worry, you are not behind schedule.

Is there an updated Quillen’s Quirks document anywhere? The only one I’ve found has been for the 2015-2016 school year

I’m a current applicant(2020) and I thought this might be a better place to ask this question

does ETSU accept application updates? If so pre or post interview?