2018-2019 Eastern Virginia Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you're looking for housing close to campus, there should be plenty of openings considering that the M4s are graduating next month (they should have turned in their move out notices by now). Have you looked at Redgate apts, Belmont at Freemason apts, or Ghent on the Square apts? (There's also Hague Park and Pembroke apts which are more affordable but not as nice; a lot of EVMS students live in those two places bc they're right across the street. I'd recommend Hague Club apts since that's EVMS housing but no pets are allowed.) Alternatively, you can try your luck by posting on our EVMS Marketplace fb group EVMS Marketplace (also bonus bc a lot of M4s will very soon be trying to sell all their furniture).
I have two pets , one of them is 50 pounds , so that narrows down options , but basically my plan is to go through every single place . I am making a spreadsheet:) ( love spreadsheets , especially when they are color coded ).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
What are my chances if I am in top 1/3 of waitlist ?

Members don't see this ad :)
started apartment hunting... apparently it is way to early. Called a few places, they told me to call on June 1st because they will be able to tell me availability 60 days out... Advice from anyone? what should i do at this point? maybe make a list of good choices?
Definitely check out the EVMS class of 2023 page. Lots of M3s and M4s are posting about available rooms in their places. I actually have already signed a lease!

Definitely check out the EVMS class of 2023 page. Lots of M3s and M4s are posting about available rooms in their places. I actually have already signed a lease!
Oh I am planning to live alone. I have two animals , my boyfriend will visit all the time , and I like my privacy. So the Facebook group won’t help me much for that . Someone did post the areas that are safe though and I did find that very helpful

For those matriculating in EVMS and looking for laptops : website is wrong . It says that windows 10 isn’t supported . I called the computer support in EVMS and they said that that page isn’t updated . They said any laptop with windows 10, and at least 8GB of RAM will be fine

Members don't see this ad :)
For those matriculating in EVMS and looking for laptops : website is wrong . It says that windows 10 isn’t supported . I called the computer support in EVMS and they said that that page isn’t updated . They said any laptop with windows 10, and at least 8GB of RAM will be fine
Once you receive your login credentials there is a PDF with updated information on laptop reqs

Reactions: 1 users
Just got accepted via email! OOS top third, will be withdrawing as I just got accepted to my top choice!

Reactions: 8 users
accepted too!! oos, top 1/3. does anyone have the link to the class facebook page i wanna start stalking lol

Reactions: 6 users
Wow I it blows my mind that you were waitlisted. Is this your top choice?

My interview here wasn’t my strongest so that’s probably why lol. And no, I actually just got into my top choice yesterday so I’ll be withdrawing my offer here. But EVMS seems like a great school and it was definitely towards the top of my list!

Reactions: 2 users
My interview here wasn’t my strongest so that’s probably why lol. And no, I actually just got into my top choice yesterday so I’ll be withdrawing my offer here. But EVMS seems like a great school and it was definitely towards the top of my list!
Hey, you know, there are a lot of great medical school out there. But sometimes you just KNOW that there is one that steals your heart. For me it is EVMS! (i got acceptance yesterday as well, - funny :) ). I am so happy for you, that you got accepted for your top choice!!! it is an amazing feeling! congratulations

Hey, you know, there are a lot of great medical school out there. But sometimes you just KNOW that there is one that steals your heart. For me it is EVMS! (i got acceptance yesterday as well, - funny :) ). I am so happy for you, that you got accepted for your top choice!!! it is an amazing feeling! congratulations

Thank you, and congratulations to you as well!!! Super excited for both of us!

Thank you, and congratulations to you as well!!! Super excited for both of us!
yes, me too!! i am really grateful for this opportunity, - to become a doctor, and to do it in my top choice school. I imagine this is how getting married to a person you love must feel like (hahahha this should REALLY explain the state of my personal life at the moment). i just really want more people from SDN to get a chance to feel how we feel very soon.

Congratulations! When did you waitlisted? If you don’t mind, can you please share your stats.

Hi, I just wanted to share that I got accepted off the waitlist from EVMS today (notified via e-mail, no phone call)! Most likely will be withdrawing, but here is some information for future lurkers:

1st time applicant, LM ~70, OOS
I never bothered to call which third on the waitlist I was on LOL.
  • Complete: Aug 2018
  • Update: Nov 2018
  • Interview invite: Dec 2018
  • Interview: mid Jan 2019
  • Waitlisted: Feb 2019
  • Letter of Interest: Mar 2019
  • Accepted: April 24, 2019

Good luck to everyone else in the running!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted off the waitlist yesterday! First acceptance in 2 cycles and I just can't believe it. So happy it's over!

Reactions: 8 users
Accepted off the waitlist yesterday! First acceptance in 2 cycles and I just can't believe it. So happy it's over!

Congrats!! That must feel amazing, what a relief. Were you OOS? What tier? Thanks!

Congrats!! That must feel amazing, what a relief. Were you OOS? What tier? Thanks!
A huge relief for sure. IS, top tier, cGPA 3.65, MCAT 517. Also white male if that matters to anyone.

And to add to the question above. What did you change in between cycles?
Retook the MCAT (previous score was a 510), did 40 hours of MD shadowing, became EMT-B certified, joined an all-volunteer rescue squad (48 hours per month), continued my undergraduate research project, and worked at UVA as an ED Tech.

A huge relief for sure. IS, top tier, cGPA 3.65, MCAT 517. Also white male if that matters to anyone.

Retook the MCAT (previous score was a 510), did 40 hours of MD shadowing, became EMT-B certified, joined an all-volunteer rescue squad (48 hours per month), continued my undergraduate research project, and worked at UVA as an ED Tech.

Awesome! Enjoy celebrating!!

Okay I need all you 3.6+ GPA and 512+ people to hurry up and be accepted so we can get to the mid tier people haha. If I don’t hear soon I’ll have to move away and be unable to go if I get accepted in July. I know this seems like a dumb problem, but life’s good other wise

Last edited:
Okay I need all you 3.6+ GPA and 512+ people to hurry up and be accepted so we can get to the mid tier people haha. If I don’t hear soon I’ll have to move away and be unable to go if I get accepted in July. I know this seems like a dumb problem, but life’s good other wise

I’m in the exact same position. Will have to move to the other side of the country in July if I don’t get accepted off the middle tier.

Reactions: 2 users

Congratulations man, and I'm glad it's all over for you after two cycles and thousands of dollars. Thanks for including you're white just since one of the evms M3s said they pull off the waitlist in general order of tiers but go for similar demographics to the person who declined the acceptance. In the future if others accepted off the WL could include demographic info (if they don't mind) with their stats, that'd be awesome.