2018-2019 Eastern Virginia Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi all! i was wondering if anyone could provide input on if it'd be worth it to still send a secondary with a 3.3 GPA and 513 MCAT? Thanks and good luck to everyone!
It won’t hurt if you’ve got the money, but your chances may be low since you’re under 3.5

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected pre-secondary.

What exactly does this school look for? I'm disadvantaged and their website said they encouraged us to apply even if OOS.

Rejected just now (pre-secondary). Again, much respect to this school for rejecting pre-secondary. I wish more schools did this. I'll take my mom out to dinner instead.

Reactions: 9 users
Rejected pre-secondary.

What exactly does this school look for? I'm disadvantaged and their website said they encouraged us to apply even if OOS.
they're really big on community outreach, also sorry about the R :/

they're really big on community outreach, also sorry about the R :/

My app is 100% community outreach. I'm extremely involved in my community.

I'm still super confused. My mcat is below their median so maybe that's it?

My app is 100% community outreach. I'm extremely involved in my community.

I'm still super confused. My mcat is below their median so maybe that's it?
Honestly there is no rhyme or reason to this so who knows

got my 2ndary like 2 weeks ago. got email to confirm my residency as a va resident. anyone notified for interviews yet?

thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
II just now! Low overall GPA, decent MCAT, OOS, non-trad, URM, reinventor. Complete early August.

Reactions: 1 users
Is it bad if ive had this secondary for a month and a half and havent submitted yet? Was tight on money and as a public OOS school I figured my shot wasnt the best here so had to prioritize others

Received an II this morning! OOS, complete 7/28.

II just now! Low overall GPA, decent MCAT, OOS, non-trad, URM, reinventor. Complete early August.

Hi,
Since you are a non-trad, I want to ask if you what you used for the non-science LOR. I haven't taken a non-science class in ages so I don't have a LOR from a non-science professor. Would a LOR from my work, volunteer work or research PI work? If anyone else knows, please chime in. I was going to call them and ask but decided to ask here first. Thanks

@CardioEnthusio15 sorry I can't be of much help with that. I ended up taking a couple classes postbacc/non-matric at my original undergrad and used their services for a committee letter. One of those classes was non-science and I had a letter from the professor included in my composite. If I were you I'd give them a call and ask admissions what they would recommend. Good luck!

my first II. !!!!!!!!! oh my god I am so excited!!!!! I keep looking at the email, because I cannot believe it is real.
Scheduled for October 10th. Anyone else here interviewing then? lets connect.

sent out 7/9/2018, 511 MCAT, 3.65 GPA, military.

Reactions: 9 users
my first II. !!!!!!!!! oh my god I am so excited!!!!! I keep looking at the email, because I cannot believe it is real.

IS, btw. Forgot to put that

YAY go crush it! Rooting for u :)

...just heard about this school and sent in a primary

Are there any current students that I can PM with questions please ?
Yeah, but they better be high yield hehehe—note I am a fresh M1 so my perspective is limited in scope but happy to help with the getting in part

Me too! Same day. I’ll see you on 10/10. I’m a non-traditional applicant, 7-year career as an infection control practitioner, finally [hopefully] going back to school. :)

II yesterday afternoon, complete 7/20. LM 66-67, Re-applicant, IS, ORM, Waitlisted top third last year. When I called, they were scheduling interviews up to Oct. 12th.

Reactions: 4 users
I just spent all day writing the EVMS secondary and then realized that the email says it must be completed within 30 days. I got the email 35 days ago. Is it even worth turning it in?

Submitted primary 2 days ago- how long do they usually take to send back secondary?

I just spent all day writing the EVMS secondary and then realized that the email says it must be completed within 30 days. I got the email 35 days ago. Is it even worth turning it in?
Turning it in at 35ish days shouldn't make a difference; turning it in 2 months after the "deadline" might. If you want to be double sure, you can call the admissions office (won't be open until this upcoming Tuesday bc of the Monday holiday though).

Do you guys think it’s too late to submit my secondary here?
Do you have your secondary prewritten? If so, you should send it out asap. You're already running late at this point and the longer you wait the worse it's gonna get.

Do you have your secondary prewritten? If so, you should send it out asap. You're already running late at this point and the longer you wait the worse it's gonna get.

I’m writing/submitting today and tomorrow. I’ve heard the unspoken deadline is usually Labor Day. I have an invite for the secondary I’ve just been dragging on it.

Dont have a secondary invite here- but is it worth it this late, even if i end up getting one?

so, any new people interviewing on October 10th? PM me if you want.

also, - do you know if the school arranges some sort of activity the night before?

so, any new people interviewing on October 10th? PM me if you want.

also, - do you know if the school arranges some sort of activity the night before?
No activities the night before, just the interview day itself!

Also, for those who have not scheduled their interview date yet, Wednesday interviewees tour SNGH (the adult hospital) and Friday interviewees tour CHKD (the children's hospital). I would personally opt for Friday bc the children's hospital is a lot more fun :)