2018-2019 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (Auburn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any recent II's? I've been complete for awhile.
I’m not sure if anyone has received II’s recently, but they arrived back in office on the 2nd. How long have you been complete?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I think early October/Late September.
I just checked my email, and here are the dates from submission to acceptance:

Submitted secondary: 9/8/18
Application complete: 9/21/18
II: 10/30/18
Interview: 11/6/18
Acceptance: 11/15/18

I think the Auburn campus is a little behind this year, but that is just my speculation. I wish I could help more.

Members don't see this ad :)
Applied around the end of september and silence. Anyone else?

I can't speak for every site. I've had rotations at two. Both were pretty good. My main site I was VERY hands on when inpatient and did a lot of procedures and had a decent amount of "autonomy". That site had pretty meh outpatient rotations but it allowed me to study a lot. The other site I've had rotations at my 4th year has allowed me to be pretty hands on. It's going to vary from site to site and preceptor to preceptor. Some won't know what to do with you regardless of site. I haven't heard major complaints from my class about any of their sites but it doesn't mean they don't exist, since I'm not on speaking terms with everyone obviously.

Thank you for the info! I meant to ask this question, but somehow forgot. What aspects of VCOM do you like/dislike the most? On interview day, I saw everything at face value and I was 100% excited because of the "new factor." I want to be (somewhat) prepared for everything that will be come my way in the next four years lol.

Thank you for the info! I meant to ask this question, but somehow forgot. What aspects of VCOM do you like/dislike the most? On interview day, I saw everything at face value and I was 100% excited because of the "new factor." I want to be (somewhat) prepared for everything that will be come my way in the next four years lol.
I don't like the testing schedule. Testing so often is a grind and didn't fit my learning style at all. It forces you to stay on top of things, but it also encourages cramming.

I don't like the testing schedule. Testing so often is a grind and didn't fit my learning style at all. It forces you to stay on top of things, but it also encourages cramming.
Dang. I am not a fan of constant testing and cramming. I just want to score well on boards. Thank you for the insight.

We had a lot of people do really well on boards. The people that stay on top of the material well and are gunning for amazing board scores do fine with our testing schedule.

We had a lot of people do really well on boards. The people that stay on top of the material well and are gunning for amazing board scores do fine with our testing schedule.
How are the match rates into competive specialities

Got the acceptance call about an hour ago!!!!! Third medical school application cycle, first cycle that I also applied to DO, so you can imagine the relief...

Reactions: 4 users
Got the acceptance call about an hour ago!!!!! Third medical school application cycle, first cycle that I also applied to DO, so you can imagine the relief...

Congrats!!! Welcome to the league! Are you attending VCOM, or are you weighing your options?

That’s good to hear. I know someone that is either a 3rd or 4th year, and he is gunning for ortho. So, I figured board scores are looking pretty good for you guys.

Members don't see this ad :)
How are the match rates into competive specialities

We're about to match and graduate our first class in March. I'll try to post update in March if I can.

Congrats!!! Welcome to the league! Are you attending VCOM, or are you weighing your options?

That’s good to hear. I know someone that is either a 3rd or 4th year, and he is gunning for ortho. So, I figured board scores are looking pretty good for you guys.

My class has a TON of people applying ortho. We'll see in a month how well it goes for them.

Does anyone know what days they send their II's out on usually?

I will most likely be attending VCOM, but I also have an interview at South Alabama lined up. I have to say, though, VCOM feels kind of imprinted on me since they accepted me so fast after having to deal with alternate list placements in my other two application cycles #feelsgoodman

when did u interivew

Interviewed on 1/15, accepted 1/18.
LizzyM is 65, so below average for MD schools.

Reactions: 1 users
I will most likely be attending VCOM, but I also have an interview at South Alabama lined up. I have to say, though, VCOM feels kind of imprinted on me since they accepted me so fast after having to deal with alternate list placements in my other two application cycles #feelsgoodman

If accepted to south Alabama, would you still attend vcom?

CONGRATS!!! If you are accepted to USA, PLEASE go to USA. If not, we are gonna have words the first day of class :laugh: But I agree 100%, VCOM is amazing and I would pick it over any other DO school.

CONGRATS!!! If you are accepted to USA, PLEASE go to USA. If not, we are gonna have words the first day of class :laugh: But I agree 100%, VCOM is amazing and I would pick it over any other DO school.

Just out of pure curiosity..Why would you pick it over any other DO school?

Did anyone else interveiw several months ago but still not heard back?
It’s been almost 4 months and I haven’t heard anything. I’d understand if they told me I was waitlisted but it’s been nothing.

Did anyone else interveiw several months ago but still not heard back?
It’s been almost 4 months and I haven’t heard anything. I’d understand if they told me I was waitlisted but it’s been nothing.

I would reach out. They told me when I interviewed...2-3 weeks max

Just out of pure curiosity..Why would you pick it over any other DO school?

Definitely! Location was the largest determining factor for me. Before I applied to med school, I knew I didn’t want to leave the state of Alabama. So, that left me with VCOM and ACOM.

VCOM sent me a somewhat quick II, and impressed me with what they have to offer. The hometown feel (I come from the sticks lol), Auburn University next door, the fitness center, you get a week off after each block, and cheap housing. And a few of the clinical rotations are near my hometown, and I am itching to get back to family and friends. As for ACOM, they sent me a pre-II waitlist, and after my acceptance to VCOM, I decided to withdraw my app from ACOM.

Anyways, those are just a few of my reasons for picking VCOM.

I would reach out. They told me when I interviewed...2-3 weeks max
I emailed them at 4 weeks and they said it should be soon. The week before Christmas I emailed them again and they said I’m still being considered.
I tried to call last week but no one answered or called back.

I emailed them at 4 weeks and they said it should be soon. The week before Christmas I emailed them again and they said I’m still being considered.
I tried to call last week but no one answered or called back.

I am in the same boat as you. I interviewed around the same time and have yet to hear back. I'm not terribly upset about it since I've had other offers. But I think it's irresponsible to promise a 4-week turnaround (what I was told at my interview) and fail to deliver. This process is already so stressful and full of waiting.

Anybody hear back recently for II's? My app has been completed since November 5th, 2018.

Anybody hear back recently for II's? My app has been completed since November 5th, 2018.
Mine has been complete since Oct. 24. Then had to call because they said I was lacking LORs (which I wasn't). So, technically was not complete until Nov. 15th due to a mistake on their end somewhere.

I, as well, have not heard back.

Mine has been complete since Oct. 24. Then had to call because they said I was lacking LORs (which I wasn't). So, technically was not complete until Nov. 15th due to a mistake on their end somewhere.

I, as well, have not heard back.

Do you have any clue when the next committee meeting is? I hope they are just backed up on their work.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Do you have any clue when the next committee meeting is? I hope they are just backed up on their work.

It’s like every other week. But I’ve seen tons of people on here who interviewed after me get acceptances. And I know somone in my group got an acceptance.
So idk what’s up.

UPDATE: I have a buddy who just got an interview invite this morning. He had a 503 MCAT - I am not sure of his GPA. He sent the Secondary to them in August. They had various interview dates from 1/31 - 2/12 (though I am sure there are more, that is what he was offered.

Caveat: His invite was for VT campus

For anyone that was accepted, how long did it take for you to receive your acceptance letter in the mail?

II received yesterday. Anyone interviewing on 2/6 (next Wednesday)?

I am interviewing on 2/6. If anyone is interested in splitting costs for hotel/car rental, I am going to be at the Atlanta Airport on 2/5 in the morning. You can PM me.

I am interviewing on 2/6. If anyone is interested in splitting costs for hotel/car rental, I am going to be at the Atlanta Airport on 2/5 in the morning. You can PM me.

II received yesterday. Anyone interviewing on 2/6 (next Wednesday)?

When did you guys submit or get completed and what are your stats if you don’t mind sharing?

Actually I will be withdrawing. Got accepted to a different school. Also, complete early November.
Science Gpa: 3.3
MCAT : 504
Good luck everyone :)

I know this is too late, but for future people coming to interview I'm a student at Auburn University and most students here use a shuttle from the Atlanta airport called groome. Just to let y'all know for people that may not be able to rent a car this is a nice option. Also when you're visiting Auburn ( one of the best places on earth in my opinion) you must make a quick stop at Taco Mama and Little Italys. These places alone will make you want to stay in Auburn.

I know this is too late, but for future people coming to interview I'm a student at Auburn University and most students here use a shuttle from the Atlanta airport called groome. Just to let y'all know for people that may not be able to rent a car this is a nice option. Also when you're visiting Auburn ( one of the best places on earth in my opinion) you must make a quick stop at Taco Mama and Little Italys. These places alone will make you want to stay in Auburn.

An extremely valuable comment right here. Taco Mamas is cheap and delish. Also, if anyone likes bbq Moe’s has the best wings ever

An extremely valuable comment right here. Taco Mamas is cheap and delish. Also, if anyone likes bbq Moe’s has the best wings ever
I live here in Auburn and I know some of Auburns best kept secrets! I plan on applying to VCOM-Auburn myself next application cycle. Just let me know if y'all have any question about living in Auburn, price of living, best places to study, best food, hotels, etc. Good Luck to you all!

Oh and one more thing I just randomly thought of is you can usually fly into Montgomery,Al for a pretty similar cost and it’s a lot closer and easier to get in and out of. Also I know GPS says it’s a 1 and 1/2 hour drive from Atlanta but budget like 3-4 hours. Most times I’ve driven to the airport it takes me 2+ hours because of traffic! ( a solid 3 and 1/2 hours anytime near 5) I know this seems random but I’m just trying to save someone’s some stress on their interview day!

I 100% agree with @projectpremed. The drive from Atlanta to Auburn is a struggle, and traffic can be a pain most days. If you fly into Montgomery, be sure to check out downtown Montgomery. They have a lot of great cafes, restaurants, and a neat smoothie bar/restaurant that originated in Jamaica.

Good luck folks!

Secondary submitted 7/2
Interview invite 12/13
Interviewed 01/30
Received offer 02/07
Good luck to everyone applying!

Reactions: 2 users
You think it's still possible to get an II this late or did they already send out the majority for the interviews in March/April.

They probably have not given out all of their interviews. To give you some perspective, though, my application was not complete until the end of February because I was waiting on my MCAT score from January.