2018-2019 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (Virginia)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received one last week. I didn't schedule it until the last Monday in October though. I have some other ones that I committed to already.

What other dates were available for interviews, if you don't mind saying?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL Me too! They said not enough clinical hours - 220?!? - and 2000+ Volunteer hours. Oh well.
They actually gave you a reason?. All they told me was something to the effect of we're not interested in you now but if there are no more potential suitors in the future and you're still single, we'll consider you but until then tough titties. In other words, I'm in the friend zone being strung along lol

There is some comfort to know that if they're looking to fill a seat then I may get an II in the future so regardless I do appreciate the communication. Some schools don't even bother to send a secondary even after you've been completed for months *cough* UC Davis *cough*

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
They actually gave you a reason?. All they told me was something to the effect of we're not interested in you now but if there are no more potential suitors in the future and you're still single, we'll consider you but until then tough titties. In other words, I'm in the friend zone being strung along lol

There is some comfort to know that if they're looking to fill a seat then I may get an II in the future so regardless I do appreciate the communication. Some schools don't even bother to send a secondary even after you've been completed for months *cough* UC Davis *cough*

LOL

When did you get the email saying you’re on the II waitlist basically? I’ve been complete since mid July and haven’t heard anything

Reactions: 1 user

LOL - at least we can laugh about it. Oh well - moving on and wishing all those still in the running the best of luck! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you get the email saying you’re on the II waitlist basically? I’ve been complete since mid July and haven’t heard anything

They were a touch slow with the II. I was complete around the same time I think, then got my II on Sept 3rd or 4th. Something like that.

Accepted this morning by phone!!!! First one and it feels amazing. In-state applicant, interviewed early September. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 7 users
Can someone who has had an ii or been accepted help me understand the "complete" status of secondary? I submitted yesterday, but I'm still waiting on my academic letter of recommendation (had to request it late). They emailed me today telling me they were reviewing my app and are waiting until they get that rec. So people are saying it took months for their application to be "complete", would it not automatically be complete when I get that recommendation? thanks so much!

I got "Application complete" email on September 4th. Secondary received 7/5/18.
I have a similar time frame as you and I am also out of state. I found out yesterday that I was put on the interview waitlist so if you don't find out by tomorrow then I would inquire about the status of your application.

How long is it taking them to send secondary apps? I received a secondary from them last year with lower stats for GPA and MCAT. I got an email from them on 8/17 saying my file was being reviewed to determine if they would send a secondary and still haven't heard back.

How long is it taking them to send secondary apps? I received a secondary from them last year with lower stats for GPA and MCAT. I got an email from them on 8/17 saying my file was being reviewed to determine if they would send a secondary and still haven't heard back.

I received an invite for secondary app the day after I submitted AACOMAS. I would maybe call admissions or email them, they're very friendly and open to answering any questions.

Late to the show for VCOM, but just wanted to clarify and make sure after reading posts on this forum. So I only need to choose one campus in my primary if I plan to apply to all three? As in, don't waste my money applying to all three schools on AACOMAS? I wish they would let people know this, otherwise people could use that money to apply to other schools haha. Please advise, thank you.

Late to the show for VCOM, but just wanted to clarify and make sure after reading posts on this forum. So I only need to choose one campus in my primary if I plan to apply to all three? As in, don't waste my money applying to all three schools on AACOMAS? I wish they would let people know this, otherwise people could use that money to apply to other schools haha. Please advise, thank you.

Correct. On your secondary you'll designate which campus is your preferred one, but your primary application is for all 3 campuses.

Can any current VCOM students speak to the rotation quality and Step 1 prep at this school? Preferably an M3 or M4. Thanks!

I second information on rotation quality. Are all the rotation sites at community based hospitals or are any associated with residency accredited hospitals? I'm assuming none of the rotation sites are at academic hospitals?

Submitted late june and still haven't received a complete email. I contacted about a month ago and they said it was still being reviewed for completion. Has anyone else been waiting a similar amount of time for a complete email?

Submitted late june and still haven't received a complete email. I contacted about a month ago and they said it was still being reviewed for completion. Has anyone else been waiting a similar amount of time for a complete email?
Wouldn't hurt to call them again. I would think about a good question to ask them, in the process, sneak in the question about the status of your app;)

I submitted my secondary since July 17th, but my letters weren’t received until August 20th, and still haven’t been marked complete. Don’t know what’s going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I submitted my secondary since July 17th, but my letters weren’t received until August 20th, and still haven’t been marked complete. Don’t know what’s going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldn't worry yet, all of my stuff was in by June 28th and still nothing lol this process is so anxiety inducing :rolleyes: but at least there's more of us in the same situation

My interview is tomorrow! Does anyone who has already interviewed have any advice???

Can anyone who had an interview shed some light on the process? I have one on October 9th and was wondering how it was overall

My interview is tomorrow! Does anyone who has already interviewed have any advice???

Just relax and enjoy. Very laid back, with a bit of hurry-up-and-wait time. :) All in all an absolutely great experience.

Just relax and enjoy. Very laid back, with a bit of hurry-up-and-wait time. :) All in all an absolutely great experience.

Agreed! Was a very awesome day and I really fell in love with the school. Everyone there was super nice and the students looked genuinely happy to be there. Plus Blacksburg is great and the campus is gorgeous.

For those who were accepted, I just want to confirm that the DO letter is due in 30 days, but the tuition deposit isn't due until Dec 15, right?

Just got an application complete email even though I had everything in since mid July...did this happen to anyone else too?

Congrats! How was the interview?
It went really well! Everyone was so welcoming and the whole day was very relaxed. The interviewers asked the basic “why medicine?” “Why DO?” “Why VCOM?” questions and then specific questions from my application. It was very conversational. We had Panera for lunch and then a tour of the building and a bus tour of Blacksburg. Overall I felt very comfortable and was impressed with the facility! Fingers crossed!