2018-2019 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (Virginia)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
my application went from complete to incomplete. does anyone know why?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
wait- weren't you accepted already? I was hoping it means that they're finally looking at our files lolz

Edit: I think that was a different school hahah getting all confused here
lol i dont even have an interview yet

Reactions: 1 users
So my secondary finally says complete! For those of you who got an interview, did you receive a call or email or both? I'm on the edge of my seat (and have been for over a month now hahah)
Thanks for all your help!

Reactions: 2 users
So my secondary finally says complete! For those of you who got an interview, did you receive a call or email or both? I'm on the edge of my seat (and have been for over a month now hahah)

I’m finally complete too!!! Submitted everything late July!

Members don't see this ad :)
where they ask if you have any experience that isn't on your AACOMAS primary, should I bother filling that out? I feel like I've said everything I wanted to say about my EC's in my primary... has anyone here not put anything for that?

where they ask if you have any experience that isn't on your AACOMAS primary, should I bother filling that out? I feel like I've said everything I wanted to say about my EC's in my primary... has anyone here not put anything for that?
I just said N/A

I got a call and an email from admissions. Hopefully that helps :)

Got a call and email today! Interview next week 11/20. Anyone else interviewing this day? Also any tips or ways to prepare would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: 1 users
Got a call and email today! Interview next week 11/20. Anyone else interviewing this day? Also any tips or ways to prepare would be greatly appreciated!

interviewing the same day as you! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats!! When were you complete?

I interviewed Tuesday Nov 13th and got an acceptance call and email today!!! Good luck everyone! VCOM is very laidback and conversational in their interviews. Don't go in scripted and you'll be fine.

I interviewed Tuesday Nov 13th and got an acceptance call and email today!!! Good luck everyone! VCOM is very laidback and conversational in their interviews. Don't go in scripted and you'll be fine.
Wow that was so fast! Congrats! :)

Accepted today! Interviewed early November. IS. Pretty stoked :)

Reactions: 6 users
I’ve received acceptance to VCOM-VA and KCOM. Trying to weigh some pros and cons. So far my main things are VCOM is 50k cheaper after four years but has mandatory attendance and is 7 hours further from home (Missouri). Any and all input is appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I’ve received acceptance to VCOM-VA and KCOM. Trying to weigh some pros and cons. So far my main things are VCOM is 50k cheaper after four years but has mandatory attendance and is 7 hours further from home (Missouri). Any and all input is appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Might want to look into match rates and compare how they have done on their boards in the past few years.

Going to assume I received a silent rejection. Never received secondaries for any of the campuses.

I'm wondering about silent rejections too! I submitted my secondary September 19th and was "complete" in the portal a few weeks ago, but still no contact about an interview. Anyone a second time applicant who experienced something like this?

I'm wondering about silent rejections too! I submitted my secondary September 19th and was "complete" in the portal a few weeks ago, but still no contact about an interview. Anyone a second time applicant who experienced something like this?

Maybe try calling in to see the status of your application, the admissions team is super nice and probably will be able to help you out

I called them to ask about this (I was also marked complete about 4 weeks ago) and they looked over my app and said I was a strong applicant but they just had so many in the complete portion that it may simply just take a couple of months for them to get back to me.

When do they typically call for acceptances and what is their acceptance rate post interview?

I have a friend that goes to VCOM and she was accepted 3 business days after she interviewed. I on the other hand heard back 6 business days after I interviewed. During the interview they told all of us we would hear back within the next 3-4 weeks. So based on that I guess they tell you the longest time you would hear back but will inform people before that time period whether they got in or not. It may be plausible that people who are accepted hear back earlier than the 3-4 week time period and the people who are rejected or wait listed hear back late? That's a guess tho

Hey guys, I am currently in the masters program at VCOM/Bluefield and will be matriculating at the Virginia campus next fall. Our semester just ended, so the admissions office may be working on the masters program acceptances, which may account for part of the current wait. If you have any questions about the masters program, VCOM, or Blacksburg feel free to ask away!

Are there any current VCOM Virginia students on this form?? Trying to decide between this school and NYITCOM to put my deposit down and would love some more info

Hey guys, I am currently in the masters program at VCOM/Bluefield and will be matriculating at the Virginia campus next fall. Our semester just ended, so the admissions office may be working on the masters program acceptances, which may account for part of the current wait. If you have any questions about the masters program, VCOM, or Blacksburg feel free to ask away!

Does VCOM have a preference for Virginia Tech students or VA students in general?

They give preference to people from The Appalachian region. I’m from MD. A good majority of my class is from VA, MD, PA. But there are some from states you wouldn’t think about.

Called them about why I haven’t received a secondary and they said they’re still working throughout applications.

Accepted today! So excited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users