2018-2019 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (Virginia)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hello guys,
i just got an interview and was wondering what airport is nearest too/ recommended for people flying from out of state?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hello guys,
i just got an interview and was wondering what airport is nearest too/ recommended for people flying from out of state?

Thanks

Try Roanoke!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
hello guys,

Thanks
I flew into Richmond then rented a car and drove to Blacksburg. Keep in mind that the drive is a little over 3 hours but it's very beautiful. There are even some spots where you can take pictures or go on a hike although I'm not sure what the weather would be like at this time.

got an update email saying that once my application is reviewed, they will provide me with an update on my status. they confirmed my application is complete and that they will continue reviewing into the spring of 2019 if by the first review of my app i am not selected for an interview. interesting email... should i respond / follow up to this email? does this mean they will be giving me an answer soon?

edit: i submitted my secondary 3 to 4 weeks ago

got an update email saying that once my application is reviewed, they will provide me with an update on my status. they confirmed my application is complete and that they will continue reviewing into the spring of 2019 if by the first review of my app i am not selected for an interview. interesting email... should i respond / follow up to this email? does this mean they will be giving me an answer soon?

edit: i submitted my secondary 3 to 4 weeks ago
I got the complete email in late September. I did not reply because it says they will contact me once a decision has been made. Still waiting, so it will be awhile.

Reactions: 1 user
Does this school accept updates? Was marked complete recently and was hoping to update them on what i've been doing. Where would we send it?

I was accepted on a Thursday and received the acceptance package the following Friday. I also live in VA, so it might take longer for people OOS.

When did you guys receive the acceptance package in the mail?
I was accepted Nov 16th and received the official letter and forms just over a week later on the 25th. I live in Maine though as well. Hope this helps! And Congrats!!

i've been complete since August but I just got a complete email from vcom? anyone else? i'm very confused

i've been complete since August but I just got a complete email from vcom? anyone else? i'm very confused
similar thing happened to me, i submitted my secondary early november and got a complete email early december. i guess they just take a while.

similar thing happened to me, i submitted my secondary early november and got a complete email early december. i guess they just take a while.
okay i just wanted to check cause i was marked complete on the portal long time ago so i was shocked to get the email today

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an II recently. Can anyone tell me how the interview will be like?

I got an II recently. Can anyone tell me how the interview will be like?

I tried to PM you but it won’t let me. Feel free to shoot me a message and I’m happy to share my interview experience if you want! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how recent? when were u complete? stats?
Secondary submitted Oct 8th, Complete email Nov. 6th, II Dec 5th, Interview Jan 11th. Stats: Average MCAT, High GPA. Best of luck everyone. I am out of state btw

Reactions: 1 users
Secondary submitted Oct 8th, Complete email Nov. 6th, II Dec 5th, Interview Jan 11th. Stats: Average MCAT, High GPA. Best of luck everyone. I am out of state btw
congrats! i got the complete email last week. good luck on your interview!

Hello all,

I submitted my secondary application August 19th but still haven’t received a complete email or anything from them. I emailed them once September and they told me it may take a few months but I still haven’t heard anything about my application. Is this normal?

Hello all,

I submitted my secondary application August 19th but still haven’t received a complete email or anything from them. I emailed them once September and they told me it may take a few months but I still haven’t heard anything about my application. Is this normal?
I submitted a month earlier than this and I still haven't received the official complete email as well. However, I did receive an email from one of the admissions people that said I was considered complete and that I should receive the official email "soon...." A couple months later and I still haven't received it..

I submitted a month earlier than this and I still haven't received the official complete email as well. However, I did receive an email from one of the admissions people that said I was considered complete and that I should receive the official email "soon...." A couple months later and I still haven't received it..

I'm in a similar situation, I submitted my secondary Sept 19th, been complete in the portal for a couple weeks now but haven't gotten any emails. Whenever I email submissions I get a generic "we have a lot of applications" response. Getting kinda discouraged at this point :/

Reactions: 3 users
Hi everyone,
Is there a way to check the app status online? Or a number to call?
I haven't received any updates, and I am wondering if my app is not complete!
Thank you

Has anyone who has been accepted already and paid the deposit received any emails or anything since?

Has anyone who has been accepted already and paid the deposit received any emails or anything since?
I was in the same position as you, but I called and they told me it may have gone to my spam. When I checked my spam, I found the email there.

Hi everyone,
Is there a way to check the app status online? Or a number to call?
I haven't received any updates, and I am wondering if my app is not complete!
Thank you
Ya for some reason I barely got completed last week and I submitted it since early October. So I am not sure why it took them that long to get back to me.

what did they send?
First email I got was saying they received my deposit in the mail and that they were waiting for my background check. The second email said that my background check was all good and that I officially secured my seat. In the second email it also mentioned stuff about housing/roommates, FAFSA, Student Health forms, and that I would be receiving an email soon containing my vcom email address.

Anyone else have complete silence ? I completed my app on 9/18 and haven't heard anything. I wonder if something is up, as I've heard back from most other places by now.

Anyone else have complete silence ? I completed my app on 9/18 and haven't heard anything. I wonder if something is up, as I've heard back from most other places by now.
Maybe send an update letter or express continued interest again. I think it could work

I have paid my deposit but have since received an acceptance from my top choice so I will be giving up my spot! Good luck everyone

Reactions: 2 users
I’ve been complete since August, and I finally get an email from VCOM only to find out that I received someone else’s confirmation email about them declining their acceptance offer lmao the wait is getting to me

I received a II yesterday. I submitted my secondary app on 7/7. I am OS. I'll be interviewing on 1/11

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed last Friday. Everyone was very nice and the area and the facilities are all top notch.

Reactions: 2 users
hey guys so i just received an acceptance from another school - waiting patiently for vcom. Should i call and ask/inquire when I'll hear back? the other school gave me a deadline. I really want to go to vcom. And should i tell them about the acceptance

Anyone who interviewed on 1/11 hear back?

I just got an II and will be interviewing here on 2/8! Any advice about the interview is greatly appreciated.

Reactions: 3 users
Hi guys! I just received an II today and was hoping someone could provide some insight on the interview day? Also, does anyone know the timeframe in which VCOM usually provides an admission decision? Thanks!

I just got an II and will be interviewing here on 2/8! Any advice about the interview is greatly appreciated.

Hi guys! I just received an II today and was hoping someone could provide some insight on the interview day? Also, does anyone know the timeframe in which VCOM usually provides an admission decision? Thanks!

Congrats! Hope they go well. What were y'all's complete dates/stats/state residencies?

Congrats! Hope they go well. What were y'all's complete dates/stats/state residencies?

Thanks! I was complete early September, LM 64, CA resident - but I'm a grad student, too, so that probably has some sort of impact.

II today! I was complete super late (11/29). Surprised to have gotten the phone call but definitely very excited :)

II today! I was complete super late (11/29). Surprised to have gotten the phone call but definitely very excited :)

Let me just respond to myself and tell everyone the silly thing I did. SO. I guess in all my excitement I scheduled my interview on the wrong date. I have to be in town on February 4 so I was planning to schedule the 4th or 5th. I clicked the 6th by accident and when I realized and called to reschedule today I was told the 4th and 5th both filled up.

If anyone was planning to/willing to/able to reschedule to the 6th from the 4th or 5th please PM or reply to me :) hoping to not have to make that super long drive twice and make my work mad needing extra days off. Thanks!

Do you guys think it’d be too late to apply here?

Complete late August haven’t heard anything. Chances of an interview?