2018-2019 Emory University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah I know, I just mean it's odd to me how only one person on here got accepted this "round" then. Unlucky
I checked my portal all day on Tuesday (1/22) with nothing so I was pretty bummed. Then yesterday morning (1/23) at around 9:30 AM, I logged onto here to see if anyone had heard anything and still no update posts. So I said screw it, I’ll just sign into my Emory portal for the millionth time and there was my admissions offer tab! Granted, I have not received the official letter in the mail since I checked yesterday afternoon but I will update if it comes in today (hopefully) ☺️

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone willing to call to see if they're still offering invites?:thinking::shrug:

Reactions: 13 users
Accepted! Saw in portal today! It seems to be moving in still. Good luck all

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is emory receptive to ITA emails? And would it even be worth it at this stage?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Anyone willing to call to see if they're still offering invites?:thinking::shrug:
Please let me know if you find out the answer to this! My wife and I live in Atlanta and Emory is our only chance to live in the same city while I’m in med school.

I just finished my interview yesterday! The 3 on 3 was very hard

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Are they done interviewing?

I emailed admissions and was told interviews will conclude on Feb 22nd this year. Fingers crossed a few more interviews will go out to those lucky enough.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! I interviewed at the beginning of December. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
If you don’t mind me asking, why did you find the 3on3 difficult?

Well it’s hard not to compare your self to the others interviewees. They had a lot of experience and were good at articulating everything. I did much better on my one on one! Either way everyone is really nice and supportive, I personally was just intimidated but others really liked it

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Did your online portal update today?
I hadn't check it for awhile, so don't know what day it updated. But when I checked today it was updated. I live abroad so my letter was sent to my parents' address and they were out of town over the weekend so they didn't see the letter until last night.

If you don’t mind me asking, why did you find the 3on3 difficult?

Despite everyone being super nice for the 3-on-3, I was so much more nervous! My 1-on-1 felt like a convo, but the 3 people sitting on the other side of the massive table felt like a panel of judges...gave me flashbacks of piano competitions haha. I hope I didn't completely mess up that portion of my interview because I really really love the school, it's a truly incredible place.

I know interview day is going to be super stressful, but you should try to enjoy it as much as you can! Everyone I interviewed with was so incredible and funny and creative. I'm proud to even have been a part of that group, I hope everyone I met gets in even though that's super unlikely haha. Sorry about the gush, I'm still riding the left-over excitement.

Reactions: 4 users
Hi guys! I'm an in-state applicant, and I haven't heard anything back from them. Do you think they've stopped giving interview invites?
(Also, do they actually read application updates? I've posted my grade and a research conference I've presented at.)

Reactions: 4 users
Hi guys! I'm an in-state applicant, and I haven't heard anything back from them. Do you think they've stopped giving interview invites?
(Also, do they actually read application updates? I've posted my grade and a research conference I've presented at.)
I honestly don't know, but if they end interviews on the 22nd, then I'd think next week would be the absolute last date they extend interview invites but if anyone knows with more certainty, please let us know

Last edited:
Hey all just wanted to let you know that I interviewed back in October and still haven't heard from Emory. Keep the faith!

Reactions: 5 users
also, called Admissions, they are interviewing until 2/22

Did they say if they are still sending out IIs? Or if the interviews are all filled?

She just said it wasn't over... so I'm figuring, they are still being sent out. Didn't specifically ask that question.

In the interview day, the admissions staff said not to send thank yous?? Did anyone send them anyway? Not necessarily to the admissions office staff but to the individual doctors that they interviewed with?

In the interview day, the admissions staff said not to send thank yous?? Did anyone send them anyway? Not necessarily to the admissions office staff but to the individual doctors that they interviewed with?

I didn’t, just follow the instructions

Does anyone know when they'll stop sending II's? I imagine it to be this upcoming week to be the last week for potential II invites?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone think an update increases the chance of getting an II?

Does anyone think an update increases the chance of getting an II?
I think if they are substantive updates it can't hurt. It shows your continued interest and puts your best foot forward. I periodically edited my update section and received an II last week.

I think if they are substantive updates it can't hurt. It shows your continued interest and puts your best foot forward. I periodically edited my update section and received an II last week.
Thanks for answering. Congrats and best of luck on your interview! What date did you get?

Thanks for answering. Congrats and best of luck on your interview! What date did you get?

I chose 2/15, but there were also two later dates the following Monday and Friday if I remember right!

Does anyone know when they will stop offering II? People have said the last interviews will be Feb 22, but has anyone asked if they have "last invitation sent" date?

Does anyone know when they will stop offering II? People have said the last interviews will be Feb 22, but has anyone asked if they have "last invitation sent" date?

I don't know if they have an official last day that they send interview invitations, but while I was stalking last years thread, I noticed they offered interviews through late February.

Even if there's a "last invitation sent" date, someone could still cancel their interview at the last minute, causing someone else to get that invite, so I wouldn't worry about a specific date.

Does anyone know how often Emory has been offering interview invites? For instance, have they been offering them on Fridays in the middle of the month?

2 more acceptance waves, 4 more interview days. Yikes.

What are the 4 remaining interview days?

Every Monday and Friday from now until the 22 of February. I think someone posted above that when they called, they were were told the 22nd is the last interview day

Welp, looks like I'm outta the running. Press "F" to pay respects!

Accepted today!! Interviewed 1/28; got an email from the multicultural student affairs office so probably why it's a little earlier than 2/11 acceptance wave date they gave us

Reactions: 13 users
Accepted today!! Interviewed 1/28; got an email from the multicultural student affairs office so probably why it's a little earlier than 2/11 acceptance wave date they gave us

Great job!

Every Monday and Friday from now until the 22 of February. I think someone posted above that when they called, they were were told the 22nd is the last interview day

How far in advance do they let you know if you've received an interview? I'm wondering if they've already given out of all the interviews, considering the last date is February 22nd.

(I'm not expecting anything, but it can't hurt to have a little hope haha)

How far in advance do they let you know if you've received an interview? I'm wondering if they've already given out of all the interviews, considering the last date is February 22nd.

(I'm not expecting anything, but it can't hurt to have a little hope haha)

I received an II on 1/30 for interview dates ranging from 2/15-2/22, but I think the post from @tacos1404 above is more important. People may cancel up until a few days before the last 2/22 interview date, so everyone is in the running until then!

So when they say there are acceptances going out Feb 11th, that actually means sometime in the days immediately following Feb 11th right? Or do the portals update on the 11th?