2018-2019 Emory University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Im wondering if they will continue to update the portal through this week?

They do it within 30 minutes each round dude. That’s always how it’s been in the past. Just accept it.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know the post interview acceptance rate? US News had it calculated at 30-40% including waitlists. Can anyone confirm?

Any students out there who have insight on being passed over in one round and being accepted months later?
I found this in the 2016-2017 thread.

Congratulations to all of the acceptees! I hope you take the time to celebrate. You have a spot at a fantastic school.

If you did not receive an acceptance this round, don't fret too much. You truly will be reevaluated at subsequent meetings. There are plenty of students who were admitted in later rounds. It's not over.
There’s still hope for us guys :)

Reactions: 1 user
I found this in the 2016-2017 thread.

There’s still hope for us guys :)

The question is how likely. They thankfully let us know that we’d be continually evaluated, but most of the acceptances I’ve seen in past threads came from the subsequent round for each respective interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
The question is how likely. They thankfully let us know that we’d be continually evaluated, but most of the acceptances I’ve seen in past threads came from the subsequent round for each respective interview.

Edit: many students admitted in later rounds also interviewed later.

Has anyone received an interview recently? I applied back in August, but no word yet.

Reactions: 1 users
I guess if we interviewed before this wave and did not get accepted, we are rejected. They accept students they want immediately and do not look back unless the applicant pool to follow is bad. Congrats to all those accepted and for those of us looked over, better luck next time.

I guess if we interviewed before this wave and did not get accepted, we are rejected. They accept students they want immediately and do not look back unless the applicant pool to follow is bad. Congrats to all those accepted and for those of us looked over, better luck next time.

Things also might be different this year with the acceptance reports gone. They might be being more choosy in this first round.

edit: some people have had to wait multiple rounds in the past

What are the dates that Emory sends out acceptances by mail? IIRC, there’s like five or six specific dates?

II Today! Complete 8/6!

Reactions: 8 users
II today! Complete 8/5. Also applying to their dual MD/MA program in Bioethics

Reactions: 3 users
What are the dates that Emory sends out acceptances by mail? IIRC, there’s like five or six specific dates?

Emory sends out acceptances on the following dates:
- October 15th
- November 19th
- December 17th
- January 21st
- February 11th
- March 4th

Reactions: 7 users
christ! 11 II?! we've got similar stats whats your secret!

Emory still sending II right?

My Mcat was 522, but my grad school gpa is 3.6 and undergrad gpa was 3.2. Has anyone else had similar stats and had any luck with Emory or MCG? I turned all of my secondaries in by early August and still haven’t heard back about any IIs.

Members don't see this ad :)
My Mcat was 522, but my grad school gpa is 3.6 and undergrad gpa was 3.2. Has anyone else had similar stats and had any luck with Emory or MCG? I turned all of my secondaries in by early August and still haven’t heard back about any IIs.

dm me

yo I clicked the update button like 7 times on accident, do you think I should call and clarify/apologize?

letter came in the mail (in CA!) today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
complete here 8/9 but no word yet...for all the people already accepted, when were you complete? and has anyone else complete from this date heard back at all?

complete here 8/9 but no word yet...for all the people already accepted, when were you complete? and has anyone else complete from this date heard back at all?

I was complete 8/5 and haven’t heard anything either :/

+1. I'm from Atlanta so was hoping for some love, even though I'm no longer a resident.

Edit: Complete ~8/20

+1. I'm from Atlanta so was hoping for some love, even though I'm no longer a resident.

Edit: Complete ~8/20

Same! I am also from the Atlanta area. I was complete mid August but no word yet. I was hoping they might show us natives some love haha.

Reactions: 2 users
Glad to see that they are not skipping us that submitted July.
Congrats on your II!
Since I live in Atlanta, and the interview date they offered is like two weeks from today, I am going to assume this is a someone-just-canceled-lets-just-give-it-to-someone-in-town that kind of II.

II today too! OOS Complete 7/10.

Reactions: 6 users
Same! I am also from the Atlanta area. I was complete mid August but no word yet. I was hoping they might show us natives some love haha.
Same- from Atlanta and submitted early August and still haven’t received anything ever since I sent in my secondary.

Same- from Atlanta and submitted early August and still haven’t received anything ever since I sent in my secondary.

Yeah I guess we just have to wait and see which suuuuuuuuuucks. The waiting game is driving me mad haha.

Does Emory send pre-II rejections or do they silently reject? This is one of my top choice schools, but I've been complete since early July and haven't heard a peep so I'm starting to fear I missed my shot :/

Does Emory send pre-II rejections or do they silently reject? This is one of my top choice schools, but I've been complete since early July and haven't heard a peep so I'm starting to fear I missed my shot :/

I believe they said that they do not reject applicants during interview season. I remember reading that when I submitted my secondary

Reactions: 4 users
Just got a an interview here! This was one of my reach schools so surprised to get an interview! I'm excited :D

Reactions: 5 users
II on a Saturday!! Absolutely buzzing. I was ready for the R

Reactions: 8 users
Just got a an interview here! This was one of my reach schools so surprised to get an interview! I'm excited :D
Hi Juggles, do you mind sharing your stats? I still haven’t heard back about interviews and am just wanting to get some info so I can manage my expectations. Thank you in advance.

Has anyone gotten a physical letter to confirm their online portal acceptance? I'm nervous it's just a glitch or something...
Hey, what portal are you talking about? I have submitted my secondary and am hoping to get an interview but I have just been checking my emails each day for updates. Is there a portal I should be checking too? I just don’t want to miss anything if they reach out! Thanks

Hi Juggles, do you mind sharing your stats? I still haven’t heard back about interviews and am just wanting to get some info so I can manage my expectations. Thank you in advance.
510 MCAT 3.8 GPA

Reactions: 2 users
Hey, what portal are you talking about? I have submitted my secondary and am hoping to get an interview but I have just been checking my emails each day for updates. Is there a portal I should be checking too? I just don’t want to miss anything if they reach out! Thanks

The same portal where you completed the secondary. If they invite you for an interview, they will send it via email though.