2018-2019 Emory University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II here this Monday, a few dates mid January, one mid February. Seems they only interview Mondays and Fridays
Congrats! Complete date/stats?

Members don't see this ad.

anybody know how this school feels about letters of intent?

anybody know how this school feels about letters of intent?

Interviewed here last week. I know they aren't receptive to post-interview thank you emails, but I know they're receptive to letters from waitlisted people - and there's a space on their secondary for application updates so I can't imagine it hurts!

Members don't see this ad :)
17th unfortunately
Do you know for sure the next batch is released the 17th? Is that to find out about if we got an II or to find out about an acceptance? I am still waiting and wishing for an II.

Reactions: 1 users
Do you know for sure the next batch is released the 17th? Is that to find out about if we got an II or to find out about an acceptance? I am still waiting and wishing for an II.
Acceptances come in batches...I think II can come at any time. Good luck!

Literally havent heard a peep since July 26th.... where oh where did they hide my II :(

I am still waiting for that interview/invite too my friend! I was planning on sending an update once I get my grades back for this semester. Good luck!

II today, complete August 23. Don't lose hope! There were several interview dates left (several in Jan, one in Feb) when I checked!

Reactions: 10 users
Withdrew yesterday, had an II for this December. Good luck all!

Reactions: 10 users
About 19 interview days left at Emory: 4 more acceptance release days.... Nerve racking!

Reactions: 8 users
Sorry this is neurotic.... but what time of day were the portals updated for those who got accepted previously?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
About 19 interview days left at Emory: 4 more acceptance release days.... Nerve racking!
Wow, that's a lot of days. So maybe I shouldn't lose hope for an II here. I sent a desperate email begging for an II (but still suave) so I hope they send me some love.

Reactions: 5 users
Lol so Emory gonna pull another t+1 on us again?

Oh man my nerves are fried right now. Has anyone gotten an update on the portal or am I the only one refreshing every 2 seconds? :nailbiting:

Oh man my nerves are fried right now. Has anyone gotten an update on the portal or am I the only one refreshing every 2 seconds? :nailbiting:
Portal update will be tomorrow. Hold on for another day.

I remember hearing they wouldn’t email, but would call if ppl hadn’t responded to the portal. I imagined it’d be like a plan B, but they seem to be using it for this batch of acceptances
They specifically said they would not call people right?

I remember hearing they wouldn’t email, but would call if ppl hadn’t responded to the portal. I imagined it’d be like a plan B, but they seem to be using it for this batch of acceptances

Yeah, and even then I remember them saying they wouldn’t outright say in a phone call that you were accepted, just more of a “hey go check your mailbox ASAP”.

Oh well, hopefully the rest of us will find good news on our portal tmrw :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 4 users
Maybe I’m being neurotic but I got a phone call from a number I couldn’t recognize and I didn’t answer. Was the call from an Atlanta number?

If I am not mistaken, they only call students that have received very generous scholarships. That is what one of my interviewers at a different school told me that med schools often do.

And as with the portal, I remember it getting updated the morning of next day.

Reactions: 3 users
The two users above who said they got accepted by phone call were lying. There was no phone call
Lol nope not lying. Georgia number Emory school of medicine the works. I got a “ I wanna be the first to congratulate you ...ya da yada” , also what point in there in lying. Defeats purpose of online forum used to help Pre Meds. So when I start school at Emory in the fall hope to see you there. Blessings.

Reactions: 8 users
Guys, if you look through previous threads you will see that few applicants do receive phone calls about their acceptance. Some people are affiliated with schools, admissions, faculty who would share that information with them, some people may have just had an amazing interview and their interviewer really liked them as a candidate and extended a personal congratulations. It's important that, we, as prospective doctors, be less judgmental. Either way, what is there to lose if this information is false? One way or the other the truth will reveal itself.

Reactions: 2 users
The admissions gods are clearly punishing us for this - still no portal updates? :(

My friend I haven't even gotten an interview here lol. The admissions committee clearly ghosted my application.

Reactions: 4 users
Still nothing, huh?

(Low-key relying on the already-accepted @Rath535 to confirm 100%. Thx :) )

Last edited:
Still nothing, huh?

(Low-key relying on the already-accepted @Rath535 to confirm 100%. Thx :) )

Yeah I double checked with a student friend who was accepted off the waitlist last year, and he said the portal doesn’t change at all if you aren’t accepted. So there’s no way of knowing whether they haven’t updated the portal yet or whether they just didn’t accept anyone other than the peeps who got phone calls

Yeah I double checked with a student friend who was accepted off the waitlist last year, and he said the portal doesn’t change at all if you aren’t accepted. So there’s no way of knowing whether they haven’t updated the portal yet or whether they just didn’t accept anyone other than the peeps who got phone calls

Hence invoking @Rath535’s aid!

Hey, wow just seeing all the drama! I wasn't lying, but I did find out that the person who called was from the multicultural affairs office so it could be a minority thing? Anyway good luck to the rest of you! I'm sure you all will find out by the end of the day!

Reactions: 6 users
Does anybody know how you submit multiple updates to this school? Do you keep the update 1 text in the box or do you delete that and upload the new one? Right now I just put update 2 under update 1.

Hey, wow just seeing all the drama! I wasn't lying, but I did find out that the person who called was from the multicultural affairs office so it could be a minority thing? Anyway good luck to the rest of you! I'm sure you all will find out by the end of the day!

Has your portal been updated? Like I said, those who didn’t get a call have no way of knowing whether the portal hasn’t been updated or whether we’ve gotten passed over this round.

I think my person was too so it might actually be that