2018-2019 Florida Atlantic University (Schmidt)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Of course! Do you remember when your portal changed from simply submitted?

It changed to preliminary review completed around late August/early September. Then stayed that way until today when I received the email about II.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For my interview date, they said the 19th we would be hearing back. My portal says "admission committee review complete".

Reactions: 2 users
For my interview date, they said the 19th we would be hearing back. My portal says "admission committee review complete".
That’s what I thought. Also mine also says committee review complete!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard back from FAU?
( I interviewed 9/18)

Tomorrow is the big day :D I am so excited. This is my top choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
My portal status changed to not accepted. If that’s a rejection I’m not too surprised

Alternate list via portal
Most people that attend this school are wait-listed. Don't be discouraged if you wanna come here. The small class size and the new AAMC traffic rules probably contribute to them sending out very few acceptances

Most people that attend this school are wait-listed. Don't be discouraged if you wanna come here. The small class size and the new AAMC traffic rules probably contribute to them sending out very few acceptances

Thanks for the encouraging words! I gotta read up on these new AAMC traffic rules tbh since I have no idea what they mean lol

Portal says "Not Accepted." If that's real then I must be the worst interviewer ever? 2 waitlists and a rejection this week post-II

All rejections and waitlists?

"Not accepted" So I'll take that as rejected. 2 WL and a rejection this week... :( It was my top choice too

"Not accepted" So I'll take that as rejected. 2 WL and a rejection this week... :( It was my top choice too
Looks like we're in the same boat, I also had 2 WL's and a rejection this week. What do you think we're doing wrong? I didn't think my interviews went poorly and yet here we are

Looks like we're in the same boat, I also had 2 WL's and a rejection this week. What do you think we're doing wrong? I didn't think my interviews went poorly and yet here we are
Message me if you want to talk about it

I don't know if I should put this since there's been so many waitlisted and rejected... But I managed to get accepted.

Hope you all hear good news soon.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 3 users
I don't know if I should put this since there's been so many waitlisted and rejected... But I managed to get accepted.

Congratulations!!

Congrats future doctor!

Anyone know how the alternate list works? Are we waiting until may or is it rolling admissions as in they periodically let people off the "alternate list"...

Do any of you find it strange the number of "not accepted" statuses. This school is very heavy with the wait list. It is very strange for them to reject so many people. I kept in contact with another interviewee who was put on "not accepted" as well. Also, my portal said not accepted before my interview so im not convinced yet. did anyone receive a rejection email or give them a call to verify?
Monica was nice. Email her

Do any of you find it strange the number of "not accepted" statuses. This school is very heavy with the wait list. It is very strange for them to reject so many people. I kept in contact with another interviewee who was put on "not accepted" as well. Also, my portal said not accepted before my interview so im not convinced yet. did anyone receive a rejection email or give them a call to verify?

I did not receive a rejection email or verify my rejection, however I don't think it is a good idea to give people false hope. Somebody mentioned they were accepted in this thread

I did not receive a rejection email or verify my rejection, however I don't think it is a good idea to give people false hope. Somebody mentioned they were accepted in this thread
I agree. Also, at my interview they said "the waitlist is a very good place to be" and that half of their class came off the wait list. Many schools dont reject many people and the waitlist is kind of a soft rejection, but maybe FAU is different.

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

Accepted yesterday, although a member of one of the pipeline programs fwiw

If you can contact them, let us know what they say. I didn't receive a rejection email but will Be checking my mail Monday

What a great interview experience! Friendly interviewers and students are really happy here.

Reactions: 5 users