2018-2019 Florida Atlantic University (Schmidt)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II just now.

Trying to book flights...what time does the interview day wrap up?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II today. Completed about 14 years ago (feels like it at least, but actually complete early August).

Members don't see this ad :)
II just now!!!! Ive been stuck on Preliminary Review Complete since like October. FAU Alum LizzieM 70-72. Feeling blessed!!!!

Withdrew my acceptance earlier this week. Best of luck to whomever it goes to!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Itinerary looks like the interview day wraps up by 3, is that accurate? I want to make sure my flight is at an okay time

Hey all, first time posting here but I am a long time lurker.
Just thought I would start contributing back to the community by providing some data (I’m going to go through and add any II).
I interviewed here a couple of weeks ago (LizzyM 74.2). I should find out about acceptance in the next few weeks (according to Monica).
Really intriguing program, there is a lot of potential to pursue your passions due to some very incredible, and engaged, faculty. Students appear to be happy; in some honest conversations I had with students, there were not many complaints. Something unique (at least considering my other interviews) is that the faculty aim to make their curriculum targeted to STEP type questions. Students who were studying for their STEP 1 said they felt like their program prepared them very well (this is in contrast to students in other programs I have talked to who felt they were learning new material for STEP).

For those of you how will have the opportunity to interview, Monica (the director of admissions) is a really cool person. I had the opportunity to pick her brain about the admissions process (as much as she could tell) and you can tell that she is very strategic. So if you get an interview, it is a very good thing.

To be honest, I absolutely loved the school. It became one of my top choices after the interview :)

Feel free to reach out to me with questions.

Edit:

I am a strong believer of always trying to find something constructive to say. So here is the one negative. There is not a lot of research opportunity on campus. The good news to this is that they have many connections that will equip you to do research if you are interested. They had many examples of students who have been involved in research, but the students typically had to travel or take a research year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Itinerary looks like the interview day wraps up by 3, is that accurate? I want to make sure my flight is at an okay time

Where do you fly out of?

If I remember correctly I actually got out around 2 PM. So, 3 PM is a safe bet.

If you are flying out of Ft Lauderdale, traffic is terrible. Google maps says it takes 30 minutes but I would plan an hour (assuming you leave in the late afternoon, I ate dinner in Boca and left around 4 PM).

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
I haven’t forgot you FAU even though you forgot about me ❤️❤️❤️

Status just changed from Committee Meeting Scheduled to “
Admissions Committee Review Complete”

I hope they actually look at my app before the class fills up. IS, complete August, and still stuck on secondary complete

Reactions: 2 users
I hope they actually look at my app before the class fills up. IS, complete August, and still stuck on secondary complete
Same.. I'm frustrated that I paid to apply, submitted over the summer, and still might not get reviewed..

"Current Status: Admissions Committee Review Complete " Since yesterday. I submitted my secondary October 23rd and had my interview Nov 1st. What day of the week are we expecting to hear our results, the suspense is killing me haha.

Did anyone else look through the post history and find everyone was rejected/ waitlisted? I found 3 people accepted 2 URM with high stats and 1 pipeline.

Did anyone else look through the post history and find everyone was rejected/ waitlisted? I found 3 people accepted 2 URM with high stats and 1 pipeline.

Monica did say that she heavily favors the waitlist for the first few rounds.
She also said that most schools typically over-accept by 20%. She attempts to under accept till April-ish.

So it wouldn’t surprise me.
I’m honestly expecting waitlist lol.

I got waitlist and was expecting it. She said the same at my interview.
Also, a good friend of mine is an MS4 at FAU and he was waitlisted until April.

I got waitlist and was expecting it. She said the same at my interview.
Also, a good friend of mine is an MS4 at FAU and he was waitlisted until April.

What time do most people find out at? or is it just any time before 5?

What do you mean what time? like AM PM or which day of the week or which month?

Accepted via phone call!

Just got accepted!

Monica (coolest director of admissions I have met) called me to let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Just sent email releasing my accepted spot. Hope it goes to one of y'all who still waiting to here back. Good luck!

I hope I get an interview so I can meet this amazing sounding person Monica

Reactions: 4 users