2018-2019 Florida International University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’ve been in “final review completed” (pre-ii) for more than 2 months now... is acceptable to call admissions and ask about my status or is that inappropriate / too forward

Members don't see this ad.

Got an interview yesterday! From my understand March 1st is the last interview date

Reactions: 3 users
Anybody know when the diversity scholarship is actually due? They don't give an exact date on the application. And do multiple people receive the diversity scholarship or just one person?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody know when the diversity scholarship is actually due? They don't give an exact date on the application. And do multiple people receive the diversity scholarship or just one person?
They said the sooner the better because they should have already started monthly scholarship committee meetings so you want to get your name in there to be considered while there are still resources available.

Reactions: 1 user
They said the sooner the better because they should have already started monthly scholarship committee meetings so you want to get your name in there to be considered while there are still resources available.
Where is the application?

Do you know where to get our panther IDs? I can't figure out to find mine for the sheet we have to fill out lol

Do you know where to get our panther IDs? I can't figure out to find mine for the sheet we have to fill out lol
If you're talking about for the diversity scholarship application you can just leave it blank. That part is for students who went to FIU for undergrad

Sorry to quote you twice but to answer your second question, I went back through my notes and I have down that about 25 people will receive a diversity scholarship but I have no clue how much they are valued at or if they are all the same value.

I interviewed February 1st. Has anyone gotten any news today? I checked my status and it changed to “Admissions Committee Review Completed”

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed February 1st. Has anyone gotten any news today? I checked my status and it changed to “Admissions Committee Review Completed”

Keep your phone close...just in case. And good luck!

I interviewed February 4th. My status changed to the same thing today at 11:15 am EST. I believe they're probably going to go through everyone first and will then start notifying. Nerve wracking!!

I interviewed February 4th. My status changed to the same thing today at 11:15 am EST. I believe they're probably going to go through everyone first and then start notifying. Nerve wracking!!

Superrrrrr nerve wracking like I’m about cry lmao mine updated 11:34 am

I saw a post that said the last interview date is March 1st. Is that true? I thought they interviewed all through March and maybe April?

I saw a post that said the last interview date is March 1st. Is that true? I thought they interviewed all through March and maybe April?
Yep. You're right. They interview into April.

Reactions: 1 users
Does FIU tell you where you are on the waitlist?

Finally on final review completed, was preliminary review complete 2/11....... praying for something good to come of this

Finally on final review completed, was preliminary review complete 2/11....... praying for something good to come of this

Agh just checked again. Still on preliminary review completed since 2/8. I had sent an update just prior to that and another one last night

Does anyone have any advice/tips for the interview?

Does anyone have any advice/tips for the interview?
Just be yourself and have fun. They are all super nice and really just want to get to know you. Just be able to talk about yourself and what you have done for extracurriculars. Also make sure that you can explain why you want to go here!

I just switched to final review complete today, was on prelim review since October lol

Does anyone know when/how often this committee meets? Trying to gauge what days i should even bother checking my status. Sorry for the million posts on here today lol

Have people been accepted off of the waitlist for this cycle yet? Or do they not look at waitlisted candidates until all the interviews are completed?

Have people been accepted off of the waitlist for this cycle yet? Or do they not look at waitlisted candidates until all the interviews are completed?
In theory, I believe they accept as the admissions cycle progresses, at least based on their Waislist email, however I have not seen anything about people being accepted since being put on the waitlist. I could be wrong though. Either way, send those updates, they can't hurt! And of course an LOI if you're 100% set on going!

Does anyone know when/how often this committee meets? Trying to gauge what days i should even bother checking my status. Sorry for the million posts on here today lol
Idk if this helps but I interviewed on 2/11 and they said we'd get our decisions on March 26

Anyone know when the most recent II was sent out?

interviewing tmrw! I played phone tag with FIU for a few days but was officially invited for the interview 2/14!

Reactions: 1 users
what I would do for an II from here....

Reactions: 3 users
interviewing tmrw! I played phone tag with FIU for a few days but was officially invited for the interview 2/14!

Wow so they really do send them out on Thursdays.. today was Thursday :/
Also, good luck!!!!

Does anyone know when the last interview dates are? even a guesstimate?

Does anyone know when the last interview dates are? even a guesstimate?
I called the admissions office Wednesday to ask about waitlist movement. They told me the last interview is today and that they may start to pull off the waitlist as early as next week.

Reactions: 2 users