2018-2019 Florida International University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone! For anyone who has been accepted, have you been directed to make a deposit yet? I’ve only received the letter in the mail but have not been directed to make any sort of deposit yet although I thought we would have had to by now.
Nope, what I got from the email/letter was a deposit wasn’t due until after April 30th

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
My bro just got accepted 30 min ago via phone call. Interviewed 10/19.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted via phone call! Interviewed 10/12

Reactions: 1 users
Final review complete 11/14. So now we wait...

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an interview invite! Complete in late July

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

got an II today.. is it normal that they only have one date to choose from?

Completed in August, IS, and still sitting at "Secondary App Complete".. so frustrating :(

still on secondary app complete - complete since 09/02 :///////

Members don't see this ad :)
Just realized my Application Status moved to "Final Review Complete" on 11/27. Should I have heard from them by now?

I submitted in mid-July and was final-review-complete a few weeks ago. Should I still hold out hope? Have they been rejecting pre-II?

Does anyone know how much movement there is on FIU's waitlist?

Does anyone know how much movement there is on FIU's waitlist?
Last year there was quite a bit of movement, I personally know ~5 people who were accepted off the WL. 2 years ago there was no movement whatsoever.

Anyone interviewing tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does FIU have a teaching hospital?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Honestly their explanations of clerkships here was very confusing. They're associated with like 30 different sites, but aren't really a part of any of them as far as I could tell, so you rarely return to the same site. I'm sure some of those sites are teaching oriented but I don't know how easily you can pick where you go. We actually didn't really get a chance to talk to any MS3s or MS4s on my interview day wich was annoying . If there are any current students on this thread I would love more info in clerkship sites as well

Was anyone stuck in "Review Pending" for a while?? I went from Secondary App Completed to Review Pending exactly 3 weeks ago... and I didn't see any other posts about this status.

Was anyone stuck in "Review Pending" for a while?? I went from Secondary App Completed to Review Pending exactly 3 weeks ago... and I didn't see any other posts about this status.
Been on "Review Pending" for a week. I guess Ill be on this for many more weeks :(

Honestly their explanations of clerkships here was very confusing. They're associated with like 30 different sites, but aren't really a part of any of them as far as I could tell, so you rarely return to the same site. I'm sure some of those sites are teaching oriented but I don't know how easily you can pick where you go. We actually didn't really get a chance to talk to any MS3s or MS4s on my interview day wich was annoying . If there are any current students on this thread I would love more info in clerkship sites as well

I just started working at an ED nowhere near FIU and I saw about 3 students there, so I'm assuming different hospitals for clerkships.

For those of us who are sending update letters, do they simply go in the text box provided on the secondary portal, or should we upload it as a word "supporting document"

Hey! Anyone who got the final review completed by the committee early September still waiting for an II? I know many ppl whose file review was completed weeks later and interviewed already. I have heard no word from them :/

Hey! Anyone who got the final review completed by the committee early September still waiting for an II? I know many ppl whose file review was completed weeks later and interviewed already. I have heard no word from them :/

Me ...

Does anyone know how long does it take for them to review the app? I have been on secondary completed since 9/25.

Does anyone know how long does it take for them to review the app? I have been on secondary completed since 9/25.
it varies... I was on secondary completed until 3 weeks ago (now on review pending) and i submitted 8/8

Just got to final review completed sometime this week (didn't check daily so unsure when). Does anyone know when I'm likely to hear anything?

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile