2018-2019 Florida International University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh wow OOS. That gives me hope

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile
I interviewed there and from out of state
Oh wow OOS. That gives me hope

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile
I interviewed there and I am OOS. They said about 25% of their students are OOS so you are fine

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Those that interviewed on 11/9, they told us we’ll be hearing back today correct?

Did anyone that sent in thank you letters get a confirmation email? I thought they said we should’ve received one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Those that interviewed on 11/9, they told us we’ll be hearing back today correct?

They said committee meets today but I’m not sure if we hear back today or later this week. Hopefully today!!

Update: I became Admissions Committee Review Complete about 20 minutes ago...

Reactions: 2 users
Does it say " final review completed" whether they are going to give you an interview or not? Or is it early rejection?

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

From my understanding it means that I’m on their Alternate list. Which is their waitlist, they don’t usually take people from the waitlist from my understanding

My only chance of staying home is now gone. Not a good day.

Alternate list as well. Shoutout to everyone that got accepted, I know you're having the time of your life right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Alternate list as well. Shoutout to everyone that got accepted, I know you're having the time of your life right now.

Pre-II or Post-II? And was it an email or just on the portal?

My status just changed to review pending a few days ago. Submitted in July I think!

502, 3.4UG, 4.0GD. The dean emphasized why their average MCAT is lower than most other schools. They take students (lower stats) that other medical school might otherwise not take. So it is more about your fitting.

Does anyone know the post interview IS acceptance percentage?

Complete 8/21 still on Secondary Application Completed

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone still sitting on the "final review completed" status and not received an interview yet? Asking for a friend.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone called about the lack of status change? Still on secondary app completed — late August!

Reactions: 3 users
status changed today to Final Review Completed... time to panic and wait

Just got an II! Anyone have any interview insights here?

any idea when your status was "final review complete"?
I’m sorry, I wasn’t really monitoring it. Last I ever saw it said “Secondary Application Completed”, but the last time I checked was probably a few weeks ago.

II!!! Complete early July and was final review status since like September.

Is this school receptive to ITA requests? Also, just want to confirm that the review process goes from "preliminary review completed" --> "final review complete"? My status still says preliminary review complete (early october time stamp).

Did anyone sent thank you letters after their interview? Did you receive an conformation email?

Does anyone know the post-interview acceptance rate here? I can't find it anywhere. Also for those who have interviewed here, how impressed were you by the school? Anything particularly great about this school?

Did anyone sent thank you letters after their interview? Did you receive an conformation email?

No, it doesn’t make any difference

Does anyone know the post-interview acceptance rate here? I can't find it anywhere. Also for those who have interviewed here, how impressed were you by the school? Anything particularly great about this school?

Very impressed with their average step scores. Not very impressed with clerkship years, as they don’t have a teaching hospital. Research opportunities seem limited. Also disappointed that you don’t get to do dissections. Overall, seemed like a decent school.

Very impressed with their average step scores. Not very impressed with clerkship years, as they don’t have a teaching hospital. Research opportunities seem limited. Also disappointed that you don’t get to do dissections. Overall, seemed like a decent school.
Thanks for your response!

My impression was essentially identical. Only thing to add is that financial aid is more extensive than most other schools with 4 different types of scholarships available but they didn't tell us anything on the size of each scholarship

My impression was essentially identical. Only thing to add is that financial aid is more extensive than most other schools with 4 different types of scholarships available but they didn't tell us anything on the size of each scholarship

Oh yeah, they said everyone will get some form of aid. I have two M1 friends that got full rides

1. Does this school offer the option to stay with a student?

2. ...they don’t have a cadaver lab? Or they’re pre-dissected?

They mentioned that they didn't think students found full body dissections to be useful since most doctors aren't cutting people open. They said they found it more effective to learn the anatomy through radiology scans and that those who want experience cutting and dissection can have the opportunity to work with it in their 4th year in a surgical elective

For the first question, yes just email the admissions department. It's not ensured though so make other plans with free cancellations