2018-2019 Florida State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I may be mistaken, but when I asked the M4 that interviewed me during my interview said that they only give scholarships to those that are committing to primary care (peds, em, family med, obgyn I think what they consider). This scholarship is a full ride but if you further specialize after residency or dont go into either of those residencies you have to pay them back
There are lots of different scholarships to apply for. Some have certain pre-requisite qualifications or desires, while others are open to all FSU students. As far as comparison to other awards, FSU has the cheapest tuition in Florida, one of the cheapest in the nation if you're instate (which you probably are to be accepted). There isn't a huge difference in scholarship awards over 4 years if it is disbursed in August vs. May IMO

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
There are lots of different scholarships to apply for. Some have certain pre-requisite qualifications or desires, while others are open to all FSU students. As far as comparison to other awards, FSU has the cheapest tuition in Florida, one of the cheapest in the nation if you're instate (which you probably are to be accepted). There isn't a huge difference in scholarship awards over 4 years if it is disbursed in August vs. May IMO
Okay thanks for the info! The student I talked to I don't think was the most knowledgable on that matter

Does anyone know when specifically the Bridge Program Committee will make offers of acceptance into Bridge or when they have made those offers in the past?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when specifically the Bridge Program Committee will make offers of acceptance into Bridge or when they have made those offers in the past?

Do you have to interview in order to get an acceptance into the bridge program?

II today for 4/5! In-State, completed October 4th

Reactions: 4 users
According to the email I received they have 5 more days of interviews until April 22nd.
MCAT 502 and GPA 3.7

Reactions: 5 users
According to the email I received they have 5 more days of interviews until April 22nd.
MCAT 502 and GPA 3.7
Congrats again! Are you traditional or non-traditional, and did you take a gap year?

Hey everyone,
I hope all is going well and that if you haven't been accepted here, that you will be accepted somewhere.
I'm about to graduate FSUCOM and I wanted to give some parting words before I left the pre-med community:

For those of you that have been accepted to FSUCOM, I wanted to congratulate you personally. Choosing FSUCOM (and FSUCOM choosing me,) was the best decision I've ever made. The experiences and knowledge that I had at FSUCOM will stick with me for the rest of my career. I want you to know that even if you feel like you aren't good enough or smart enough, you are. There is a reason that they accepted you, they are very good at this, even if it takes them two or more tries to take you (for my reapplicant peeps.) Feel free to PM me if you want advice or input along the way for FSUCOM or medical school in general.

For those of you that have been accepted elsewhere, congratulations. The hard part of premed is over for you guys, and you deserve to relax and celebrate. In fact, that is my main piece of advice for you guys, relax and enjoy this time. When medical school starts you will be so busy and stressed you won't get to really cherish the free time that you have as much.

For those of you that haven't been accepted yet, keep holding on to hope. I had a buddy from college that didn't get into medical school for two cycles. If your true dream is becoming a doctor, don't let one cycle bog you down. If I can get in, anyone can. Also, there is so much variation in admission committee decisions, but don't give up. A lot of admissions committees like perseverance.

Everything will be ok guys, and I'm proud of all of you. I've found a lot of pleasure helping the premed (and specifically the FSU premed) community over the years and hope that you guys find the path to becoming a doctor that fits well for you.

Alright, I'm leaving. Again, any of you feel free to PM me over the years if you want to ask questions or just talk.

Have fun, everyone.
Sincerely,
Saxappeal1

Reactions: 15 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does FSU require your parents information on the FAFSA?
Hey, just a follow up to my earlier post: you actually do NOT need to provide your parents info on your FAFSA for FSU. Just found that on some of the paperwork I got from interview day.

To those of you who have been interviewed...
Did you send in update(s) and if so how significant were they?

Reactions: 2 users
Do interviewees usually hear back before the 2 week mark? FSU is my dream school so i'm hoping for some good news. Goodluck to everyone!

Do interviewees usually hear back before the 2 week mark? FSU is my dream school so i'm hoping for some good news. Goodluck to everyone!

I interviewed on one Friday and found out not the next Thursday, but the one after, one day shy of two weeks. My email came around 11:30 central time

Received an II earlier this week, there were only 3 interview dates left. LM 66, IS. Hang in there my friends!

Reactions: 4 users
Can someone who interviewed here verify how long each interview is? I thought it was two 30 minute interviews, but the itinerary they sent sounds like each interview is an hour long.

Can someone who interviewed here verify how long each interview is? I thought it was two 30 minute interviews, but the itinerary they sent sounds like each interview is an hour long.

You have 2 x 1-on-1 interviews, each an hour long

Interview is an hour each but don’t worry about them, very laid back and chill. Just be confident in what you’re saying.

Interview is an hour each but don’t worry about them, very laid back and chill. Just be confident in what you’re saying.
Thank you! I can talk for hours, but damn I didn't think that would actually happen with this school lol

Thank you! I can talk for hours, but damn I didn't think that would actually happen with this school lol
It goes by super quickly, and it allows you to ask a lot of questions! An M4 interviewed me and after 30 minutes he was like alright I've asked all the questions I need to and just let me ask all the questions I wanted about being a student etc, it was super nice to get some insight from an actual student! Not everyone has a student interviewing you but I really enjoyed having the extra time to ask questions vs some rushed interviews I've had

They can last up to one hour but they are very conversational!

Hey! Does anyone know anyone who has been rejected post interview? It seems that we are all put on “hold”, best

My status still reads as "no status" so.. you're all ahead of me anyways.

I hope you had better luck elsewhere! Are you IS or OOS?

Instate, 3.75 509. Really bummed out as this was one of my top choices and I thought I stood a good chance!

I saw someone received an Pre-ii R earlier this week... has anyone else gotten one??

Yep. Just got one this morning. 510 and a 3.7, but i applied late October.

does anyone know when they would start rejecting people post II?

Reactions: 2 users