2018-2019 Florida State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Happy Friday!
Any update from the “hold” list? And any clue how Bridge work?

Best,

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Happy Friday!
Any update from the “hold” list? And any clue how Bridge work?

Best,
Updates from the hold list are probably going to happen after April 30th! As for the bridge program, I believe you have to interview first and then be selected for it.

Updates from the hold list are probably going to happen after April 30th! As for the bridge program, I believe you have to interview first and then be selected for it.

What exactly is the hold list? The alternate list?

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to everyone on the hold list in the next few weeks!

Reactions: 4 users
I've been at "Application Under Review by the Office of Admissions" status since September. Haven't heard anything since then. Should I be concerned, is there still opportunity?

I've been at "Application Under Review by the Office of Admissions" status since September. Haven't heard anything since then. Should I be concerned, is there still opportunity?

Might be a bit late in the game, unfortunately. Hopefully you got in somewhere else. If not, next cycle I’d email them or give an update to let them know you’re interested. That’s what I think got me an interview.

As an aside, I got off the waitlist at my undergrad and so fortunately/unfortunately I’ll be giving up my seat here.

Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Might be a bit late in the game, unfortunately. Hopefully you got in somewhere else. If not, next cycle I’d email them or give an update to let them know you’re interested. That’s what I think got me an interview.

As an aside, I got off the waitlist at my undergrad and so fortunately/unfortunately I’ll be giving up my seat here.

Best of luck to everyone!
When did you email them in the cycle? Was it just a regular update email?

When did you email them in the cycle? Was it just a regular update email?

My intent wasn’t to get noticed but was more of paranoia. I just wanted to ensure everything was kosher.

Received an invite shortly thereafter which was I think the second group to interview way back last year. Needless to say that I was quite surprised to get such an early invite. Especially considering I’m less than average, at best. With the exception of EC.

3.4/3.4 and 505.

I honestly don’t know why I’ve been so fortunate but if anyone is struggling with acceptances. I’d suggest DO schools as they give out a lot of love to less than stellar apps like mine. RVU amongst others were very impressive and I’d have been happy to go there.

Sorry for crazy tangent. Just saying don’t give up and be open to other routes that will ultimately lead to become g a physician.

My intent wasn’t to get noticed but was more of paranoia. I just wanted to ensure everything was kosher.

Received an invite shortly thereafter which was I think the second group to interview way back last year. Needless to say that I was quite surprised to get such an early invite. Especially considering I’m less than average, at best. With the exception of EC.

3.4/3.4 and 505.

I honestly don’t know why I’ve been so fortunate but if anyone is struggling with acceptances. I’d suggest DO schools as they give out a lot of love to less than stellar apps like mine. RVU amongst others were very impressive and I’d have been happy to go there.

Sorry for crazy tangent. Just saying don’t give up and be open to other routes that will ultimately lead to become g a physician.
Thank you! Congrats on your acceptances!

Members don't see this ad :)

3.4/3.4 and 505.

Congratulations!!!! That’s gotta be nice, to just coast through the rest of the app cycle.

Just to clarify, you sent an email to make sure all your materials had been sent in??

Congratulations!!!! That’s gotta be nice, to just coast through the rest of the app cycle.

Just to clarify, you sent an email to make sure all your materials had been sent in??

Yea, there was a thing online that didn’t change. I cannot remember specifically but it was addressed earlier in this thread. My email was in reference to that.

I wouldn’t call it a coast but I applied and got into DO schools early so I was less stressed. In so far as I had an acceptance.

How hard is it to maintain a B in every class in the bridge program? Anyone know what percent of bridge students matriculate?

It was a tough decision, but withdrew my acceptance today. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey friends, after truly exhaustive deliberation, I decided to withdraw my acceptance to FSU today. Best wishes to those of you on hold!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an email. Accepted from the hold list!

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats!!! Anyone else taken off the waitlist today?

Waitlist movement begins!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone know whether the waitlist moves in chunks or trickles? Part of me is nervous that if we don't hear up front today about it then we aren't looking at a good shot of acceptance off the hold list

Anyone know whether the waitlist moves in chunks or trickles? Part of me is nervous that if we don't hear up front today about it then we aren't looking at a good shot of acceptance off the hold list
I have the same question/ concern! Please let me know if you find the answer to this.

I have the same question/ concern! Please let me know if you find the answer to this.
From what I’ve heard most of the waitlist acceptances are during the first two weeks of May. Based on the thread from last year that seems accurate.

So supposedly there are 50 "hold" spots. Am I right about this?

are they only accepting people off waitlist who interviewed recently?

Accepted off the wait-list on 4/30!! interviewed 4/1 and had been placed on hold 4/11

are they only accepting people off waitlist who interviewed recently?
From looking at previous years it looks like they accept people off the waitlist who interviewed in April before accepting those who interviewed earlier

From looking at previous years it looks like they accept people off the waitlist who interviewed in April before accepting those who interviewed earlier
Dang if we get in i found my study partner!!! Lol those correlations are clutch

Reactions: 1 users