2018-2019 George Washington University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We’re the rejections sent by email or on the portal?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So I’m making the executive decision of not checking my email for the next week ...

Reactions: 11 users
R today. Complete early September. Goodluck everyone.

R today. My top choice too. Good Luck to everyone else!

My status from mid-July until today was "on-hold", however, it changed to "your file is under review". Unclear as to what this means, but I hope this is good news since it is one of my top choices!

My status from mid-July until today was "on-hold", however, it changed to "your file is under review". Unclear as to what this means, but I hope this is good news since it is one of my top choices!
That seems to mean that you’ll be getting a II soon, at least from what I’ve seen!! So yay

Reactions: 1 users
do u mind sharing the full message?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they maybe just forgot about me :))).hold , no interview , no rejection , nothing :))))
+1, this could be good news since we didn't get the R? Or maybe just not yet haha

me, as a low-stat reapplicant who's been complete since 7/7 and is still on hold: why... am I still here... is this the calm before the storm

Reactions: 6 users
Decided to submit an application here earlier this week... after reading these responses I’ll just consider that money poorly spent

Last edited:
Considering I sent an update in pdf and got rejected shortly thereafter, maybe text box.

JK I think the committee met and rejected me before they got the update. Either probably works.
So sorry to hear :( good luck to you at other schools !!

Reactions: 1 user
Considering I sent an update in pdf and got rejected shortly thereafter, maybe text box.

JK I think the committee met and rejected me before they got the update. Either probably works.
I don't think they have a preference; I also submitted an update via PDF.

This must have been a good sign! Incredibly grateful to receive an II earlier this afternoon! :)
Hey, congrats on the II! Would you mind sharing stats? In the “hold but sent in update” boat. Hoping there’s still a chance for II here too

Hey, congrats on the II! Would you mind sharing stats? In the “hold but sent in update” boat. Hoping there’s still a chance for II here too
GPA: 3.7, MCAT: 506, Completed: 7/5, Updated: 11/1-- Feel free to message me if you have any questions!

What do you guys typically write in the update letters? New experiences or publications? Or just continued interest in the school?

GPA: 3.7, MCAT: 506, Completed: 7/5, Updated: 11/1-- Feel free to message me if you have any questions!

Congrats on the interview!
When are they scheduling out to?

Looking at last year’s thread, I think it’s most likely to go be tomorrow that people will hear back. Only speculation, of course.
Isn't that what SDN is lololol?

Placed on the alternate list just now, interviewed early October. The wait until spring to hear back is going to consume me

Reactions: 4 users
Placed on the alternate list just now, interviewed early October. The wait until spring to hear back is going to consume me

Do you mind PMing me your interview date? Also interviewed early Oct and wondering if I will be hearing back soon...

Do you mind PMing me your interview date? Also interviewed early Oct and wondering if I will be hearing back soon...
To be fair they don't seem to be going exactly in order, I interviewed in late September and haven't heard back

Reactions: 3 users
To be fair they don't seem to be going exactly in order, I interviewed in late September and haven't heard back

I'm in the same boat; mid-September interview and no news yet.

Late September interview no news for me either. They take their sweet time

Accepted! Interviewed early October

Reactions: 7 users
anyone know why some people get decisions before others with earlier interview dates?

ACCEPTED! First one! Interviewed late September, LM ~73, 4 years out of undergrad

Anyone else complete since mid-July and still on hold? Just looking for some solidarity! :) Congrats to the others on the recent acceptances!

Anyone else complete since mid-July and still on hold? Just looking for some solidarity! :) Congrats to the others on the recent acceptances!

I wasn't complete since mid-July but I am also still on hold

Complete mid-July, was placed on hold a little while after, II today. There is hope!

Reactions: 7 users