Mar 9, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
did anyone else on the waitlist get an email from GW about upcoming information sessions for the upcoming application cycle? Just wondering if some got an email from Nies and some got a very different type of email? Hoping it doesn't mean anything!

Mar 13, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
HOLY CRAP!! Got an email from Kevin this morning about them likely offering me a position in their class this week. I completely teared up at work; was working on updating my CV for reapplying next year. So excited and can't wait for the official email!!!:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:
+1!!! I’m so excited!

Reactions: bobbitybob
Mar 13, 2018
Status
did anyone else on the waitlist get an email from GW about upcoming information sessions for the upcoming application cycle? Just wondering if some got an email from Nies and some got a very different type of email? Hoping it doesn't mean anything!
I got both lol so I don’t think it means anything

Mar 9, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I got both lol so I don’t think it means anything
Ah, thank you! I was so worried! And congrats on the Nies email!! Can I ask if you sent any/ many updates? And/ or did you have any other type of communication with the admissions committee?

So happy for you!

Mar 13, 2018
Status
Ah, thank you! I was so worried! And congrats on the Nies email!! Can I ask if you sent any/ many updates? And/ or did you have any other type of communication with the admissions committee?

So happy for you!
Thank you! I sent an LOI before receiving my waitlist decision, and then I sent a stronger LOI with the “statement of interest” update we had to submit.

Reactions: jj8912
Jul 7, 2018
Status
Thank you! I sent an LOI before receiving my waitlist decision, and then I sent a stronger LOI with the “statement of interest” update we had to submit.
By LOI you mean letter of intent or interest?

dij2009

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
Jul 25, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
As someone on the waitlist, should I be worried that I didn't even receive an email for the information sessions for the upcoming application cycle? Did anyone else in my position not receive this email?

Reactions: brownsugarqueen

Zombiegirl

5+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2013
Status
As someone on the waitlist, should I be worried that I didn't even receive an email for the information sessions for the upcoming application cycle? Did anyone else in my position not receive this email?
I didn’t get one either. I wouldn’t read into it too much.

Reactions: dij2009
Mar 7, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Congrats guys! Did you volunteer that you had been accepted by other places but ultimately would come to GW if given the chance in your letters? I know that schools can't see our acceptances, but I'm trying to figure out if those letters went out to people who volunteered information about their acceptances so that they could get a hint for the April 30th "commit to one school" traffic day.

Sep 4, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Congrats guys! Did you volunteer that you had been accepted by other places but ultimately would come to GW if given the chance in your letters? I know that schools can't see our acceptances, but I'm trying to figure out if those letters went out to people who volunteered information about their acceptances so that they could get a hint for the April 30th "commit to one school" traffic day.
Thanks! This would be my first acceptance if it goes through, so definitely did not have any info about acceptances to volunteer in my LOI. I just updated them about significant updates, told them what I love about GWU and stated that if accepted I would attend. Its really anybody's game

Mar 13, 2018
Status
I mentioned my acceptances in my letter and said I would withdraw those and commit to GW if given the opportunity.

Reactions: premed39
Aug 14, 2018
I mentioned my acceptances in my letter and said I would withdraw those and commit to GW if given the opportunity.
Same. I much prefer GW to my current offer, so I told them that in the email. I hope it is not held against us that we have another acceptance(s).

Jul 7, 2018
Status
Same. I much prefer GW to my current offer, so I told them that in the email. I hope it is not held against us that we have another acceptance(s).
Did you get one of those "likely to get accepted" emails?

Aug 14, 2018
Does anyone know when we get a GW email address/ ID? I want to fill out the financial aid forms but they require those.

Aug 14, 2018
Anyone get significant aid from here? / anyone successfully negotiate aid? I really want to attend but not sure about this price tag

Jan 28, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Wonder if there will be any waitlist movement today due to the deadline..

Sep 16, 2018
Did anybody else just get an email that says "I am writing to see if you are interested in a seat here at GW."? Is that their acceptance email or just another request for an update/LOI?

keelhaul

2+ Year Member
May 17, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Did anybody else just get an email that says "I am writing to see if you are interested in a seat here at GW."? Is that their acceptance email or just another request for an update/LOI?
I'm just guessing here but sounds like it might be acceptance related. I'm on the WL and did not receive that. I could totally be wrong though

Last edited:
Reactions: dr.asp
Jan 28, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Did you send in any updates or LOI's in the interim?

Sep 4, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
I got that email last week, replied and received an acceptance the next day

Mar 7, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Congrats! stats?
513 MCAT, 3.4 (from a top 10 undergrad [don't know if that makes a difference]), Special Master's following true M1 curriculum, from the DC area, Middle Eastern male, lots of service and international experience in my application, and LOTS of communication with Office of Admissions. Good luck everyone! You'll get your email before you know it, don't give up hope!

Jul 7, 2018
Status
JUST GOT MY EMAIL FROM DEAN MCQUAIL
I am ACCEPTED!!!!!!!! Truly the happiest person in the world right now!! This is my first acceptance and I absolutely love GW! Can't wait to be a part of their Class of 2023!!

MCAT: 516. GPA: 3.52. OOS. White female.
Congrats! Did you both write letters of intent?

dij2009

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
Jul 25, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Did you receive a "likely to be accepted" email from Kevin Neis last week?

patronj

2+ Year Member
May 14, 2015
Canadian Bacon
Status
Pre-Medical
513 MCAT, 3.4 (from a top 10 undergrad [don't know if that makes a difference]), Special Master's following true M1 curriculum, from the DC area, Middle Eastern male, lots of service and international experience in my application, and LOTS of communication with Office of Admissions. Good luck everyone! You'll get your email before you know it, don't give up hope!
did you interview feb 5

Oct 17, 2018
I just got a "likely to be accepted" email from Kevin Nies this morning. I'm so incredibly excited! I had submitted a Letter of Intent and had a phone conversation about why I wanted to go to GW about a month ago. My interview was in September. Very excited to join the class of 2023!

Jul 7, 2018
Status
I just got a "likely to be accepted" email from Kevin Nies this morning. I'm so incredibly excited! I had submitted a Letter of Intent and had a phone conversation about why I wanted to go to GW about a month ago. My interview was in September. Very excited to join the class of 2023!
Did you tell them you would withdraw from all WL too?

Mar 25, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
to those recently accepted-- did any of you NOT have a phone conversation with Kevin Nies about your interest in GW?