2018-2019 George Washington University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Got a “highly likely to offer ...” email. Not going to attend GW, so withdrew my application today,
Hope one of you gets good news soon if you’re still waiting!

Reactions: 1 users
I just received an email asking if I would be interested in accepting an offer if one becomes available. It also asks where else I have been accepted... I think this is different than the "highly likely to be accepted" email. Does everyone on the waitlist receive this?

Reactions: 1 user
I just received an email asking if I would be interested in accepting an offer if one becomes available. It also asks where else I have been accepted... I think this is different than the "highly likely to be accepted" email. Does everyone on the waitlist receive this?

I didn’t :(

My email also asked this...
I think it’s the same email

Who do we talk to if we want to call the admissions office about why we love GW?

Is this email a blanket email at the same time each day? Or do they send it out individually?

Who do we talk to if we want to call the admissions office about why we love GW?

See I thought about this but what do we even say. I feel like everything was in my LOI

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
i sent an email asking if there was someone i could talk to about my continued interest, and they responded "Thank you for the note. I have added it to your file".....lol..

i sent an email asking if there was someone i could talk to about my continued interest, and they responded "Thank you for the note. I have added it to your file".....lol..
bruh

Reading into posts and estimating, it seems there hasn't been too much waitlist movement. Just on threads there has been about 7 acceptances. Reading the waitlist support thread, most schools take 20-30 of waitlists if not up to 40. All depends on how well they do with students accepting.

What I'm saying is hopefully there is a good amount of movement coming soon!

Reading into posts and estimating, it seems there hasn't been too much waitlist movement. Just on threads there has been about 7 acceptances. Reading the waitlist support thread, most schools take 20-30 of waitlists if not up to 40. All depends on how well they do with students accepting.

I really hope so cause GW is my dream school but based on this thread about 10 people have already been accepted off WL. Which is already way more than this time last year if you look back at old threads

Accepted sometime last week off WL! Super excited, coming here for sure!

Just withdrew my acceptance, good luck everyone!

I really hope this is the case as well. I also wonder if they go in order of interview? I'm assuming earlier interviews have been re-reviewed more even though they say that isn't the case.

Just received that email asking whether I would accept an offer of admission from Kevin Nies, so hopefully I'll get off the waitlist soon! Interviewed in mid-February. Super psyched about this school!!

Just received that email asking whether I would accept an offer of admission from Kevin Nies, so hopefully I'll get off the waitlist soon! Interviewed in mid-February. Super psyched about this school!!

just got this email too!

EDIT (2 hours later): just got accepted!!

Last edited:
refreshing intensifies

just got this email too!
I got one too! Does this mean I can call my mom now?
EDIT: YOUR BOI IS IN! FIRST ACCEPTANCE OF THE CYCLE

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone but this is really discouraging. I just counted 16 or 17 people who got off the waitlist on this thread alone, and there are probably many others who lurk or aren't on SDN. I must be at the bottom of the bottom tier :unsure:

Congrats to everyone but this is really discouraging. I just counted 16 or 17 people who got off the waitlist on this thread alone, and there are probably many others who lurk or aren't on SDN. I must be at the bottom of the bottom tier :unsure:

If you haven’t done so recently, I would send another update reaffirming your interest.
I think they will continue to take people off the WL especially those that show continued interest

If you haven’t done so recently, I would send another update reaffirming your interest.
I think they will continue to take people off the WL especially those that show continued interest

I did, and that's what makes this more discouraging lol

It’s only been a week since Waitlists really started moving. Hang in there

Hey accepted students is there a deposit for GWU? I can't find it in the acceptance packet

just got this email too!

EDIT (2 hours later): just got accepted!!

congrats! by chance did you ever end up speaking with anyone on admissions? i know in a post earlier you said you sent them an email requesting this

congrats! by chance did you ever end up speaking with anyone on admissions? i know in a post earlier you said you sent them an email requesting this
I did speak with admissions & was accepted.

never ended up speaking with someone but I did sent that email asking to on Friday and then was accepted the following Monday, but I doubt that has any correlation. I also sent a letter of intent a few weeks prior.

Accepted last week off the WL! Interviewed in December. So happy! GW is a dream and I love DC!!

Contact with Admissions post waitlist: Sent the update to stay on the waitlist, met with Kevin Nies in person around a week after the first alternate list webinar, submitted a LOI and had an additional LOR sent.

never ended up speaking with someone but I did sent that email asking to on Friday and then was accepted the following Monday, but I doubt that has any correlation. I also sent a letter of intent a few weeks prior.

Who do you address the email to?

Did you guys upload the LOI on the portal or did you email directly to the dean

Did you guys upload the LOI on the portal or did you email directly to the dean
portal as they had instructed. however, I did call to verify they received it

For those accepted off the waitlist that spoke to someone in admissions, did you reiterate your previous LOI(s) or take a different approach? Trying to figure out how to express my interest without sounding redundant.

For those accepted off the waitlist that spoke to someone in admissions, did you reiterate your previous LOI(s) or take a different approach? Trying to figure out how to express my interest without sounding redundant.
similar approach

Seems like it has been pretty quiet the past couple of days...

Looking forward to joining the class :) decided to pick GW over where i originally chose for 'plan to enroll'.

For those still on the WL--Don't lose faith. There is a lot of luck in this process, and it's out of our hands. I don't think it's as simple as showing interest. Some of us accepted did not send LOIs. I kept in touch with Admissions, mostly with questions, but definitely did not send a LOI (due to not being sure / financial aid). All I did was send a letter of interest after my interview, but before I was waitlisted. I was in shock when I came off, simply because I had dismissed the possibility and had no problem with my other acceptance. Being on the WL does NOT mean that GW won't want you after April 30 ;)