dij2009

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
Jul 25, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Got an email from Kevin Nies this morning and an acceptance shortly after! OOS, LM 66 with a heavy amount of volunteer/leadership/shadowing/research experiences. Late November interview, sent in one letter of intent in mid-February and another one in mid-March. Best of luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2018
Got accepted by email today! Maryland resident, LM 73.5, interviewed in January. I sent a letter of interest after my interview but that's really it. Unsure if I will choose GW over my current acceptance.

Reactions: medschoolwatch
Dec 8, 2018
Got accepted by email today! Maryland resident, LM 73.5, interviewed in January. I sent a letter of interest after my interview but that's really it. Unsure if I will choose GW over my current acceptance.
When do you have to decide by?

Aug 21, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
I just received an email asking if I would be interested in accepting an offer if one becomes available. It also asks where else I have been accepted... I think this is different than the "highly likely to be accepted" email. Does everyone on the waitlist receive this?

Reactions: aqifjak

Zombiegirl

5+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2013
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I just received an email asking if I would be interested in accepting an offer if one becomes available. It also asks where else I have been accepted... I think this is different than the "highly likely to be accepted" email. Does everyone on the waitlist receive this?
I didn’t :(

Jun 15, 2018
My email also asked this...
I think it’s the same email

Jan 28, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Is this email a blanket email at the same time each day? Or do they send it out individually?

VTDSPMed

2+ Year Member
May 18, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Reading into posts and estimating, it seems there hasn't been too much waitlist movement. Just on threads there has been about 7 acceptances. Reading the waitlist support thread, most schools take 20-30 of waitlists if not up to 40. All depends on how well they do with students accepting.

What I'm saying is hopefully there is a good amount of movement coming soon!

Reactions: cassierose
Dec 8, 2018
Reading into posts and estimating, it seems there hasn't been too much waitlist movement. Just on threads there has been about 7 acceptances. Reading the waitlist support thread, most schools take 20-30 of waitlists if not up to 40. All depends on how well they do with students accepting.

I really hope so cause GW is my dream school but based on this thread about 10 people have already been accepted off WL. Which is already way more than this time last year if you look back at old threads

Reactions: Zombiegirl

Kycie

2+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Accepted sometime last week off WL! Super excited, coming here for sure!

Jan 28, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical

I really hope this is the case as well. I also wonder if they go in order of interview? I'm assuming earlier interviews have been re-reviewed more even though they say that isn't the case.

Jul 26, 2018
Just received that email asking whether I would accept an offer of admission from Kevin Nies, so hopefully I'll get off the waitlist soon! Interviewed in mid-February. Super psyched about this school!!

Reactions: contigo123
Jan 30, 2019
Status
Just received that email asking whether I would accept an offer of admission from Kevin Nies, so hopefully I'll get off the waitlist soon! Interviewed in mid-February. Super psyched about this school!!
just got this email too!

EDIT (2 hours later): just got accepted!!

Last edited:
May 31, 2018
Got one too! I told everyone I couldn't control my excitement...I really hope this is an acceptance LOL.

EDIT: Accepted OH MY GOD this is unreal I'm crying, first acceptance after a very tough cycle. ORM with below average stats and no crazy extracurriculars. GW is truly holistic admissions so to all future applicants with less than stellar stats, do not shy away from applying here!!!

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Congrats to everyone but this is really discouraging. I just counted 16 or 17 people who got off the waitlist on this thread alone, and there are probably many others who lurk or aren't on SDN. I must be at the bottom of the bottom tier :unsure:

Jun 15, 2018
Congrats to everyone but this is really discouraging. I just counted 16 or 17 people who got off the waitlist on this thread alone, and there are probably many others who lurk or aren't on SDN. I must be at the bottom of the bottom tier :unsure:
If you haven’t done so recently, I would send another update reaffirming your interest.
I think they will continue to take people off the WL especially those that show continued interest

Reactions: dr.asp

Kycie

2+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
congrats! by chance did you ever end up speaking with anyone on admissions? i know in a post earlier you said you sent them an email requesting this
I did speak with admissions & was accepted.

Jan 30, 2019
Status
congrats! by chance did you ever end up speaking with anyone on admissions? i know in a post earlier you said you sent them an email requesting this
never ended up speaking with someone but I did sent that email asking to on Friday and then was accepted the following Monday, but I doubt that has any correlation. I also sent a letter of intent a few weeks prior.

Reactions: dr.asp
Oct 6, 2018
Status
Medical Student
Accepted last week off the WL! Interviewed in December. So happy! GW is a dream and I love DC!!

Contact with Admissions post waitlist: Sent the update to stay on the waitlist, met with Kevin Nies in person around a week after the first alternate list webinar, submitted a LOI and had an additional LOR sent.

Dec 11, 2018
never ended up speaking with someone but I did sent that email asking to on Friday and then was accepted the following Monday, but I doubt that has any correlation. I also sent a letter of intent a few weeks prior.
Who do you address the email to?