2018-2019 George Washington University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
bruh, it's literally the end of july. Interviews go until like next march... it's not even close to being too late for any school lol
Yeah but I've been seeing tons of people getting interviews for GWU, so I thought they give out all their interview invites to earlier applicants like Tulane lol

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah but I've been seeing tons of people getting interviews for GWU, so I thought they give out all their interview invites to earlier applicants like Tulane lol
nah dood, I had friends get II to GW last cycle in February and acceptance in April

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also, don't forget that GW interviews a little over a thousand applicants per cycle, so the "tons of people" getting interviews that you're hearing about are most likely only actually a fraction of the total people that'll receive IIs. SDN (and reddit) can warp people's perceptions sometimes...

Reactions: 1 users
Got my first II!! Complete 7/24, MCAT 513-516, GPA 3.7ish/3.6ish, OOS. Interview date is late Sept.

Reactions: 4 users
II just now too! Status changed to "Under Review" yesterday afternoon from complete. LM 67-70, Complete 7/21

EDIT: throwaway for privacy

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I was complete 7/12 but my portal still says "your file is complete" no hold or anything. Anyone else in the same boat?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My app isn't even verified but I have a secondary, should I worry about the 2-week rule/suggestion?

Also, should I describe my IA and explain what I learned or just describe it

Last edited:
For those of you who have submitted secondaries - is there a place to upload or send in updates in the portal? I don't see it there now but wondering if it appears after you submit.

Yup! In response to the comment above me about updates in the portal (sorry I'm kind of new to this).

For those of you who have submitted secondaries - is there a place to upload or send in updates in the portal? I don't see it there now but wondering if it appears after you submit.
yes after you submit

sooo is MSAR wrong about GWU accepting upto 5 letters?
their website says 3 letter with 1 from science prof

On hold for re-review. Trying not to dwell on it but lowkey very let down lol

How do we bring up legacy status? There's no specific question so I'm thinking "9. What is your specific interest in the MD Program at GW? What opportunities would you take advantage of as a student here? Why? (2000 characters)"

II just now! Never received an "on-hold" email.

Does anyone know if our CASPER results have to be in for the schools to begin reviewing our app, or does the test just have to have been scheduled and completed?

Does anyone know if our CASPER results have to be in for the schools to begin reviewing our app, or does the test just have to have been scheduled and completed?
Hey, maybe don't blanket post this in every forum? George Washington doesn't require CASPer.

Reactions: 4 users
Hey, maybe don't blanket post this in every forum? George Washington doesn't require CASPer.
I apologize, i cant take the casper until August 8th and I got worried that this would sink my chances everywhere! Accidentally put GWU on my capser list during this panic lol

I apologize, i cant take the casper until August 8th and I got worried that this would sink my chances everywhere! Accidentally put GWU on my capser list during this panic lol
Casper scores are sent out within 2-3 weeks of taking the exam so even for schools that it is required before review it won't make you late by any means

Got it, thanks!

On hold for re-review. I submitted 7/23 with a LM score of 75.

on hold for re-review
submitted 7/12

"What makes you a unique individual? What challenges have you faced? How will these factors help you contribute to the diversity of the student body at GW? (1000 characters)"

Is this a diversity essay or a challenge essay...or do they want us to talk about both?

"What makes you a unique individual? What challenges have you faced? How will these factors help you contribute to the diversity of the student body at GW? (1000 characters)"

Is this a diversity essay or a challenge essay...or do they want us to talk about both?
Sounds like you should include both. Lucky for me my diversity essay is just a variant of my adversity essay

On hold for re-review. No email, just portal update.

I wonder what they are screening for to receive an II in the first batch of interviews because there are a lot of qualified applicants that are on hold now.

I wonder what they are screening for to receive an II in the first batch of interviews because there are a lot of qualified applicants that are on hold now.

A theory of mine: it's still fairly early in the process-- I know my school just started sending out committee letters 2 weeks ago and do this till end of the month. I feel like they put me on hold till a lot of my applicants in my school have completed and narrow us down to IIs from there to meet a quota (there's at least 4 people from my undergrad that's matriculating to GW this year and at least one other that was accepted but is attending another school). Is this crazy?

on hold for re-review as well. just portal update, no email

II this morning! Complete 7/23, LM <70, strong ties to DC. So excited!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users