2018-2019 George Washington University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
7/18, i may have beeen placed on hold earlier i just didnt check the portal until today
+1, just noticed I had been placed on hold today. Hadn't checked the portal since submission assuming they'd email me. Submission date was 7/23

Members don't see this ad.

Has anybody gotten a rejection from here yet? Or are they just putting all non-II applicants on hold until further notice?

+1, just noticed I had been placed on hold today. Hadn't checked the portal since submission assuming they'd email me. Submission date was 7/23

+1 Didn't notice any hold till today, I submitted 7/22.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just saw I was placed on hold today :dead:. Was complete 7/31. (518/3.75)

What type of question is "What makes you a unique individual? What challenges have you faced? How will these factors help you contribute to the diversity of the student body at GW?" - would you answer it as a diversity question or overcoming challenges question or some hybrid of both?

What type of question is "What makes you a unique individual? What challenges have you faced? How will these factors help you contribute to the diversity of the student body at GW?" - would you answer it as a diversity question or overcoming challenges question or some hybrid of both?
I would try to cover both!

Did everyone's complete email show up right after they submitted?

Any current GW students that would be willing to talk about volunteer opportunities with the GW Healing Clinic, GW Salud, or ISCOPES? I'm interested in working with homeless and Spanish-speaking populations. I know GW Salud focuses on the Latino community, but I'm not really seeing much about opportunities to serve homeless communities.

Also, anyone else with an interview invite, have y'all been able to contact student hosts for interviews? I've e-mailed the admissions office a couple of times, and they said they'd get back to me with a list, but nothing yet.

Any current GW students that would be willing to talk about volunteer opportunities with the GW Healing Clinic, GW Salud, or ISCOPES? I'm interested in working with homeless and Spanish-speaking populations. I know GW Salud focuses on the Latino community, but I'm not really seeing much about opportunities to serve homeless communities.

Also, anyone else with an interview invite, have y'all been able to contact student hosts for interviews? I've e-mailed the admissions office a couple of times, and they said they'd get back to me with a list, but nothing yet.
I reached out to them about a student host and provided my preferences and they never got back to me.

Members don't see this ad :)

I emailed them about a student host and got a basic reply from their student host office saying they will be in touch later. But that it might be as late as a day or two before the interview...

The GW healing clinic works with a lot of uninsured and underinsured individuals in the PG County area, many of them Spanish speaking immigrants. It's a great experience if you're interested in primary care in the populations you've indicated!

Reactions: 2 users
For the first question of accounting for 30-40 hours
If i recently quit scribeamerica and looking for a research position/medical tech
how should I go about answering this question? At the moment I am not doing much because my mother is scheduled for a big surgery and Ill have to take care of her at home for a few weeks.

Got my first II this cycle! Completed 7/24, LM = 70. Interview date is late Aug, which seems really fast?

Reactions: 1 users
Got my first II this cycle! Completed 7/24, LM = 70. Interview date is late Aug, which seems really fast?
Maybe you got an early spot that someone had to change. I got my II about 3 weeks ago and it’s for late August and seems they have been sending for September now. Def better to have it early tho!

Maybe you got an early spot that someone had to change. I got my II about 3 weeks ago and it’s for late August and seems they have been sending for September now. Def better to have it early tho!
Ah that makes sense, thanks for letting me know!

II received 8/6. Complete 7/28. Interview date 10/11

Looking for pointers on writing an "in the area" request to interview. I'll be in DC for other business and would love to save on the cost of a flight and hotel room. I'm worried about coming off as presumptuous by asking for an interview though.

For the first question of accounting for 30-40 hours
If i recently quit scribeamerica and looking for a research position/medical tech
how should I go about answering this question? At the moment I am not doing much because my mother is scheduled for a big surgery and Ill have to take care of her at home for a few weeks.
There's not really much more you can say other than you plan to work full-time and are looking for a research position. If there's other volunteering or anything that you will be doing then put that too

II this morning! OOS.

II notified 7/12
Complete 7/7
Interview Late August
Good luck to everyone!!

Sorry, I guess I was vague. It means they reviewed my app and they didn't think I was qualified enough to get an interview. So I was put on "hold" to be reviewed at a different date.

Sorry, I guess I was vague. It means they reviewed my app and they didn't think I was qualified enough to get an interview. So I was put on "hold" to be reviewed at a different date.

Thank you I hope you get an even better school.

I've heard almost all of the applicants get that. Doesn't mean you will never get an interview so keep hoping!

Do you mind me asking, since your stats are on the lower side what do you think made your app stand out to GW? Do you have really strong connections? (I have similar stats)
Ummm..I'm flattered you think I stood out just cus I'm put on hold hahaha...but probably the fact I'm URM, have a strong PS, extracurriculars, and good LORs. Also, I have 0 connections lol.

Was complete 7/29 but still stuck on the status where they have everything they need to review, but I've seen movement for people complete past 7/29. Should I be concerned?

Was complete 7/29 but still stuck on the status where they have everything they need to review, but I've seen movement for people complete past 7/29. Should I be concerned?
same, but I submitted on 7/30 (might not have been complete till the 31st). I think it may be a good thing, probably means they are looking at your app and still havent decided whether to give an interview or put on hold. Judging by the dates on this thread I think we should be expecting an update any day now.

same, but I submitted on 7/30 (might not have been complete till the 31st). I think it may be a good thing, probably means they are looking at your app and still havent decided whether to give an interview or put on hold. Judging by the dates on this thread I think we should be expecting an update any day now.

Nice optimistic way of looking at it; I'll adopt this mindset too lol. Also part of the camp still stuck in the "app complete" status; submitted/complete 07/29.

I submitted my secondary 07/05 and my status hasn't changed though that may be due to the fact that my amcas wasn't verified till a couple weeks later. Worried that my status is still "waiting to review" especially because I'm technically still on the waitlist for this cycle...

I submitted my secondary 07/05 and my status hasn't changed though that may be due to the fact that my amcas wasn't verified till a couple weeks later. Worried that my status is still "waiting to review" especially because I'm technically still on the waitlist for this cycle...

I am also still technically on the waitlist and mine has changed to the hold status.

put on re-review 3.6 gpa / 510 mcat -- am certaintly salty, however if its any consolation, after scouring last year's re-review hardship, it is apparent those on re-review received acceptances elsewhere :) so stay positive

put on re-review 3.6 gpa / 510 mcat -- am certaintly salty, however if its any consolation, after scouring last year's re-review hardship, it is apparent those on re-review received acceptances elsewhere :) so stay positive
We have the exact same stats- so I wish you the best!

For those of you who received interviews, did your status change to "your file is under review" before the II? And for those on hold did that status change occur prior to being placed on hold for re-review?

Does anyone know if they've sent out rejections?
I got placed on "hold for re-review" but I was wondering if they've flat out rejected anyone yet

For those of you who received interviews, did your status change to "your file is under review" before the II? And for those on hold did that status change occur prior to being placed on hold for re-review?
yes to the first question, status change ~24 hours before ii