2018-2019 Georgetown University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
R just now, Complete 7/30

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hit with the R earlier today. LizzyM 76-77. Guess I wasn't cura personalis enough!

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
so....did they skip most of us 7/26 peeps? Seems like the Rs jumped from right before us to mostly after us. Hope out bubble doesnt burst soon :(

Reactions: 8 users
so....did they skip most of us 7/26 peeps? Seems like the Rs jumped from right before us to mostly after us. Hope out bubble doesnt burst soon :(
7/26er here, I get mini heart attack every time I check my email.

Reactions: 1 user
Rejected, Complete mid/late July, LizzyM ~70

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like us 7/20-7/30's is coming soon. The suspense is killing me!

Complete 9/4 and changed to "under review". Does anybody has any idea how long it usually takes to get an II/ rejection from this status?
Not sure what the norm is, but I’ve been under review for almost two months

I'm pretty sure "complete and under review" likely doesn't mean much.

Congrats!! Do you remember how long you were put under review for?

Thank you! Nope, sorry :/. I never logged in after submitting my secondary app. I didn't think they were going to look at it so soon. Are you under review?

Thank you! Nope, sorry :/. I never logged in after submitting my secondary app. I didn't think they were going to look at it so soon. Are you under review?
Yeah I am! but I am not so sure since when ( may be its been that way since day 1, im not sure haha). Did you apply only MD?

Yeah I am! but I am not so sure since when ( may be its been that way since day 1, im not sure haha). Did you apply only MD?

When were you complete? And yes, only MD.

yep, also a fellow 7/26er and no word yet...praying that this is good news!

Reactions: 4 users
As a fellow 7/26, this whole thing is so bizarre..... If it weren't so frowned upon I'd call and ask what's going on.

Reactions: 4 users
As a fellow 7/26, this whole thing is so bizarre..... If it weren't so frowned upon I'd call and ask what's going on.
Go on with your quest my fellow 7/26er

Reactions: 3 users
So G-town doesn't review in order of completion date then?

Go on with your quest my fellow 7/26er

I did check the website and turn-around time is 8-10 weeks... Guess we've got two more weeks before we really need to assume we've been forgotten :boom:

I've hit peak neurotic... Just called and asked. Applications are reviewed in order of complete date, she said on the phone there were just a lot from the 7/26 date so they are still going through them. Get ready y'all, the bubble is about to burst real soon.

Reactions: 15 users
I've hit peak neurotic... Just called and asked. Applications are reviewed in order of complete date, she said on the phone there were just a lot from the 7/26 date so they are still going through them. Get ready y'all, the bubble is about to burst real soon.
Meaning they skipped some of the 07/26 folks and moved on to the next dates?

unsure, I was expecting the R until they passed right over my date. Going off of what sxr9912 said I'm assuming they'll come back to me soon..?

Do you think that is good or bad news?
I think they go chronologically and send II immediately for those they want to interview and then go on to send out Rs slowly for those that weren’t given an II... so if people who were complete WAY after you have gotten interviews , then that would unfortunately mean you probably have gotten axed :(

As a fellow neurotic 7/26er, I thank you greatly

Reactions: 5 users
I think they go chronologically and send II immediately for those they want to interview and then go on to send out Rs slowly for those that weren’t given an II... so if people who were complete WAY after you have gotten interviews , then that would unfortunately mean you probably have gotten axed :(
damn, I thought it might mean they were undecided since people on my completion date had received R's too and so there was still an II possibility

So to keep me from incessantly thinking about Georgetown... it was one of my later secondaries I submitted because I put a lot of heart/research/thought into the 1 page "why Georgetown" prompt. Whether that pays off has yet to be told. The anxiety in me is killing me, but anyone who has any opinions, when should I start getting worried about them reviewing 8/20-8/24 complete people? Thanks!

So to keep me from incessantly thinking about Georgetown... it was one of my later secondaries I submitted because I put a lot of heart/research/thought into the 1 page "why Georgetown" prompt. Whether that pays off has yet to be told. The anxiety in me is killing me, but anyone who has any opinions, when should I start getting worried about them reviewing 8/20-8/24 complete people? Thanks!
Complete 08/20 - complete silence .... I only heard back from 6 schools and they were ALL R's (pre-secondaries 3, post secondaries 3 within 2 weeks of submission - too fast but honestly appreciated!!) ,,, I've been complete mid-late August for all schools and haven't heard back yet,, it's been over 7 weeks for most schools and still no rejections nor II ... not sure if I should worry or be happy, waiting for ~ 30 schools!

Complete 08/20 - complete silence .... I only heard back from 6 schools and they were ALL R's (pre-secondaries 3, post secondaries 3 within 2 weeks of submission - too fast but honestly appreciated!!) ,,, I've been complete mid-late August for all schools and haven't heard back yet,, it's been over 7 weeks for most schools and still no rejections nor II ... not sure if I should worry or be happy, waiting for ~ 30 schools!

I'm in the same situation! Been complete for two months and haven't heard from any of the 27 schools I applied to

R just now -- LizzyM 78, complete on 7/26. Honestly a bit surprised because I spent a ton of time on the secondary but it's nice that they let you know.

R just now -- LizzyM 78, complete on 7/26. Honestly a bit surprised because I spent a ton of time on the secondary but it's nice that they let you know.

I wonder how "holistic" their review really is :yeahright:

Rejected just now as well, complete 7/26.

Last edited:
2 questions:
1. Does anyone know if Georgetown is receptive to ITA emails?
2. What days does Georgetown have interviews?

Last edited:
2 questions:
1. Does anyone know if Georgetown is receptive to ITA emails?
2. What days does Georgetown have interviews?

1. According to FAQ, no unless you've been offered an II already.
2. Doesn't matter I guess lol