2018-2019 Georgetown University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed here this week. Said we'll hear back in 4-6 weeks. Awesome school!

Can you please PM me? I have a question about the interview. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed this week too and they told me 8-10 weeks... I really hope it's 4-6, I cannot wait!
I was also told 8-10 weeks. Hoping it's quicker, but I have a feeling they will take their sweet time based on past threads

Reactions: 1 user
Did you guys get an email saying you were under review? Or it was updated on the website?

Did you guys get an email saying you were under review? Or it was updated on the website?

I got a "secondary reviewed" followed by a "secondary complete" email immediately after submitting the secondary. No emails after those two. The "complete" email said my app would be forwarded to the adcoms for review, but I'm not sure if my status changed to "under review" in the portal at that time or later :/

When are interview results supposed to come out for mid/late September?

When are interview results supposed to come out for mid/late September?
they told us 8-10 weeks, so i would be prepared for right before thanksgiving (conservative guess). but in looking at last years thread, there were definitely some people who heard back ~4 weeks after interviewing mid/late sept (so my guess would be best case next week)

Reactions: 1 users
II yesterday! Complete 8/2. Anyone who has already interviewed here have any tips for interview day/know if interviews are open or closed file?

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II yesterday! Complete 8/2. Anyone who has already interviewed here have any tips for interview day/know if interviews are open or closed file?

They only have you personal statement and secondary essay. Very laid back. Don’t stress!

Your interviewer is given your file, but they don't have to read it. My interviewer told me he had it but doesnt like to read them beforehand. Its pretty conversational so just be yourself

still no updates from Georgetown? twiddling my thumbs over here

I'm going crazy. I interviewed at the end of Aug. and thought we would hear back either yesterday or today based on the past 2 years where people heard on Monday and Tuesday. Hopefully tomorrow!! Crossing my fingers for both of us

I'm going crazy. I interviewed at the end of Aug. and thought we would hear back either yesterday or today based on the past 2 years where people heard on Monday and Tuesday. Hopefully tomorrow!! Crossing my fingers for both of us

Do you think they already decided and are waiting to call? Or do you think they are still deciding?

Same boat. This is nerve-wracking!!

Wondering if I made a mistake by not completing the secondary for this school. I had one subsection score below 125 and didnt have significant clinical experiences. My friend encouraged me to apply, but i think its too late. Should I?

Wondering if I made a mistake by not completing the secondary for this school. I had one subsection score below 125 and didnt have significant clinical experiences. My friend encouraged me to apply, but i think its too late. Should I?

Median is 512. Assuming you are above that and I have something that can shore up the weaknesses in your clinical experiences then go for it. But be realistic.

Does anyone know if this school is receptive to updates? I've been on hold for over a month now. Has anyone received an II who was previously on hold?

Is anyone else still waiting to hear back anything, but submitted the secondary in mid-July?

GT is a very low yield school for any applicant. Its an anomaly as they have the most applicants (14,000+)/ lowest acceptance rate (<3%) but a relatively low MCAT average (512-513). With that being said they are likely looking for certain things as it pertains to their mission, but none of us can be too sure as to what that is. Also, it is getting to be very late in the cycle for any school, which also hurts the chances of getting an ii.

Last edited:
If put on hold I highly doubt they have revisited your app this early. They still have apps coming in they haven't looked at once. They will likely visit later in winter (December-January). It still does not hurt to send in an update. I am not sure how much it would help but if well written should be fine.

GT is a very low yield school for any applicant. Its an anomaly as they have the most applicants (14,000+)/ lowest acceptance rate (>3%) but a relatively low MCAT average (512-513). With that being said they are likely looking for certain things as it pertains to their mission, but none of us can be too sure as to what that is. Also, it is getting to be very late in the cycle for any school, which also hurts the chances of getting an ii.
Oops I just realized I posted this in the wrong thread! Meant to post in GW

Anyone else complete 7/31 still have silence? It seems like they're rejecting/ sending II to people who were complete in August now.

Anyone else complete 7/31 still have silence? It seems like they're rejecting/ sending II to people who were complete in August now.
Yeah, I saw a couple IIs given away to people complete mid September as well.

Last year they started sending decisions out October 17, but looks like this year it may take the whole 8-10 weeks. This process definitely requires lots of patience!

Median is 512. Assuming you are above that and I have something that can shore up the weaknesses in your clinical experiences then go for it. But be realistic.

GT is a very low yield school for any applicant. Its an anomaly as they have the most applicants (14,000+)/ lowest acceptance rate (>3%) but a relatively low MCAT average (512-513). With that being said they are likely looking for certain things as it pertains to their mission, but none of us can be too sure as to what that is. Also, it is getting to be very late in the cycle for any school, which also hurts the chances of getting an ii.

Ok, not applying then. Thanks!

II! Complete 7/31. Stats in sig

Reactions: 2 users
I have an interview here on Tuesday. Could someone who has already interviewed tell me how it is? Feel free to PM, too. Appreciate it.

I have an interview here on Tuesday. Could someone who has already interviewed tell me how it is? Feel free to PM, too. Appreciate it.

It was very laid back! Don’t stress!

It was super chill. They make you feel comfortable and there’s a lot of time to ask questions before the interview. I had a great time. Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Hey, I'm anxiously waiting here for a post interview decision (late september interview), and just to see if people haven't heard back can you like this post if you've interviewed in August or September and haven't heard anything. I dont ask October just bc it would be so recent. Thanks guys.

Reactions: 6 users
Hey, I'm anxiously waiting here for a post interview decision (late september interview), and just to see if people haven't heard back can you like this post if you've interviewed in August or September and haven't heard anything. I dont ask October just bc it would be so recent. Thanks guys.

I interviewed early September and haven't heard anything back yet.

My portal says that my application/file is under review (I interviewed in late sept). Does anyone else have that?

For all those wondering, I don't believe that Georgetown has begun to release any post-interview admissions decisions. I interviewed in late-August and have not heard anything yet.

I’m in the same boat, interviewed late September. Considering sending in an update/LOI soon but not sure about how this would be viewed.

I’m in the same boat, interviewed late September. Considering sending in an update/LOI soon but not sure about how this would be viewed.
Schools usually don't consider or look at updates/ LOI until wait list positions. May be better to hold off till u get ur initial decision.

Last edited:
I interviewed in early September and haven't heard anything. I am going crazy!! I keep refreshing my email and this page like every 5 seconds! I hope they release decisions next week

Looking at last year’s thread it appears that some late Sept. folks heard back about acceptances in mid-Nov. so don’t be worried if you don’t hear back just yet...decisions are coming as fast as they can!

Does anyone know the policy on sending updates?