2018-2019 Hackensack-Meridian School of Medicine at Seton Hall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m guessing they’ll interview around 200-300, accept around 150 and matriculate 85

That's a 50 to 75% chance of getting in after you receive an interview! Isn't that too high or is that how it was last year?

Members don't see this ad.

That's a 50 to 75% chance of getting in after you receive an interview! Isn't that too high or is that how it was last year?
That I don’t know. I think they interviewed around 300 last cycle too but the class size was smaller. I based it off a 1.5-2x acceptance rate per seat

Members don't see this ad :)
How was it last year?

Not exactly sure, they didn't put anything out on msar but their charter class prob has some high stats since they want people to do well on steps and match. Since the class size is larger, I can only imagine the class will be more diverse

Hey guys, so I have an interview here later this month and I will be staying an extra night after the interview. I am hoping to use public transportation to cross over to Times Square in New York after the interview day. I will also have a rental car, so I was wondering if anyone is from this area that can advise about parking at a transit station or something like this? I want to park at a station that is closest to New York so I don't have a long travel time using the transit system. Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance.

Hey guys, so I have an interview here later this month and I will be staying an extra night after the interview. I am hoping to use public transportation to cross over to Times Square in New York after the interview day. I will also have a rental car, so I was wondering if anyone is from this area that can advise about parking at a transit station or something like this? I want to park at a station that is closest to New York so I don't have a long travel time using the transit system. Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance.
If you take the the train from Seacaucus it’s only one stop to NY penn station. I’m not sure how parking is though- I know at my local station it’s pretty hard to find parking during the weekdays

Reactions: 1 user
btw have any re-applicants gotten interview invites? Def threw my app in here last year but I didn't hear anything back from them until I was ultimately rejected in June. I'm not sure what their take is on re-applicants, so just wondering lol

btw have any re-applicants gotten interview invites? Def threw my app in here last year but I didn't hear anything back from them until I was ultimately rejected in June. I'm not sure what their take is on re-applicants, so just wondering lol
II no, but I got to the committee review stage so at least we know they don’t auto reject us lol

Reactions: 1 users
If you take the the train from Seacaucus it’s only one stop to NY penn station. I’m not sure how parking is though- I know at my local station it’s pretty hard to find parking during the weekdays

Gotcha, thanks so much. I might just take a transit from my hotel then if i cant find parking.

Is there plenty of Uber’s available near our interview site?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there plenty of Uber’s available near our interview site?

Yeah there are plenty of Uber's/Lyfts in Nutley/Clifton. Definitely shouldn't have to worry about catching an Uber to and from the interview.

From the Open House: The first medical school class had an average GPA of 3.75 and MCAT of around 507. They will be accepting 88-90 students this cycle.

From the Open House: The first medical school class had an average GPA of 3.75 and MCAT of around 507. They will be accepting 88-90 students this cycle.
That’s... actually much lower than what I was expecting

Members don't see this ad :)
pretty sure that mcat number was misreported. ill try and get a better number sometime soon
Why do you think it’s wrong? If that’s what admissions reported during an open house there’s a good chance it’s really it

I have been under preliminary review for over 3 weeks. Is this normal?

Why do you think it’s wrong? If that’s what admissions reported during an open house there’s a good chance it’s really it
Based on rough averages of several students in the class, it feels like a low number. In addition, the person who was reporting was the Dean and director of diversity and equity and may not have had the numbers to report. These administrators during the open house could not answer several questions including why our curriculum had STEP 1 after clerkships and had to rely on students to answer that question. I would take these numbers with a grain of salt, and wait until something is officially posted by the school. Just my two cents.

Based on rough averages of several students in the class, it feels like a low number. In addition, the person who was reporting was the Dean and director of diversity and equity and may not have had the numbers to report. These administrators during the open house could not answer several questions including why our curriculum had STEP 1 after clerkships and had to rely on students to answer that question. I would take these numbers with a grain of salt, and wait until something is officially posted by the school. Just my two cents.

I agree as well.

i got the "Your application will now be in preliminary review." on 8/28 and have not heard anything else, is anyone else in the same boat?

Does anyone know where the full faculty directory is? I want to find the full names of my interviewers as they didn’t give me anything and I was too focused on the interview rather than their names.

I don't know if there is the full faculty directory but I may be able to send you the list of people on the Interview Committee. Check your PM in a few minutes.

"The initial review of your application is complete and will remain in this status as we continue to evaluate candidates. Throughout our review process your application will be evaluated for possible advancement. If additional information is needed we will reach out via email."

AKA Hold?

"The initial review of your application is complete and will remain in this status as we continue to evaluate candidates. Throughout our review process your application will be evaluated for possible advancement. If additional information is needed we will reach out via email."

AKA Hold?

Got this today as well.

AKA Hold?
+1

AKA Hold?

I just received an e-mail that was clearly a rejection, so it’s safe to assume this is a hold.

When were you guys forwarded for preliminary review?
I just got the email too. I was placed in preliminary review on 9/10 and just got the hold email today 10/11.

Got an II here like 10 mins ago! I was completed 7/10 and my LM: 70, OOS

Got an II here like 10 mins ago! I was completed 7/10 and my LM: 70, OOS
Congrats! Did you get placed on hold after prelim review? or have you just been on prelim review for that long since july and this is the first youve heard back?

Congrats! Did you get placed on hold after prelim review? or have you just been on prelim review for that long since july and this is the first youve heard back?
I don't think I was placed on hold. The last email I received prior to my II was that my Preliminary Review was complete and that they would determine if I am selected for an interview.

Dang, sorry to hear that. What did the email say? I hope you get in somewhere this cycle tho!

Thank you! My cycle has been going well so far so any R’s have yet to bother me and feel par for the course. The email read:

“Thank you for your interest in Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine at Seton Hall University. We have completed our holistic review of your application and at this time we are unable to advance your application. We wish you the best as your pursue your medical education.”

Got that on hold email as well. If they use the word advancement for both decisions, its safe to assume they are putting us on hold.

Does anyone know where the full faculty directory is? I want to find the full names of my interviewers as they didn’t give me anything and I was too focused on the interview rather than their names.

Congrats on your interview, can you tell me how the interview and experience was? Have an interview here next week and can't really find info on what to expect.

I feel like I just missed out on the first wave. It is a mine field on this feed! Complete 9/25 and no email/interview invite yet. Maybe they haven't gotten that far yet

I feel like I just missed out on the first wave. It is a mine field on this feed! Complete 9/25 and no email/interview invite yet. Maybe they haven't gotten that far yet

I was complete on 9/25 too! Let's pray to the med school gods we get an II from this school!

"The initial review of your application is complete and will remain in this status as we continue to evaluate candidates. Throughout our review process your application will be evaluated for possible advancement."

is this a hold or a complete??

"The initial review of your application is complete and will remain in this status as we continue to evaluate candidates. Throughout our review process your application will be evaluated for possible advancement."

Sounds like a hold to me due to "possible advancement."

+1

I don't think I was placed on hold. The last email I received prior to my II was that my Preliminary Review was complete and that they would determine if I am selected for an interview.
When did you receive the preliminary review complete email?

yeah the "The initial review of your application is complete and will remain in this status as we continue to evaluate candidates. Throughout our review process your application will be evaluated for possible advancement." means we are on hold (insert sad face). I emailed them

We have received your secondary application, fee, and disclosure form. Your application will now be in preliminary review. We will send you another email when the remaining parts of your application are reviewed and you have moved to the next step of the process or if we are missing any items from your application. Please allow 2-4 weeks for this process.

This was the last email I got from then last week of September. Am I supposed to get another one saying my application is complete and it can finally go under full review?