2018-2019 Hackensack-Meridian School of Medicine at Seton Hall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does this school accept updates?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody know when they're done interviewing?

Reactions: 3 users
I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of questions were asked in the interview? That would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of questions were asked in the interview? That would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
They are more of traditional interviews, but it really depends on your interviewers. Mine asked about my research, what I wanted to specialize in, questions like that. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Are interview invites over? Been sitting on "Complete" Status since 09/21

I emailed them and they responded saying that the committee has not decided on an end date for interviews. Hope that helps. They said as long as spots go unfilled they'll keep interviewing!

Reactions: 4 users
I emailed them and they responded saying that the committee has not decided on an end date for interviews. Hope that helps. They said as long as spots go unfilled they'll keep interviewing!
I'm suprised they haven't been able to fill a class yet. There's only 85 spots...

Reactions: 1 users
Just wanted to say that they have decided on a second look day, I'm sure they will let you guys know soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know if it is unusual to hear this late? Is this like a silent rejection?
I reallly don’t know but judging by how other schools are releasing all decisions by the end of this month, it doesn’t seem too far fetched

Reactions: 1 user
Do you know if it is unusual to hear this late? Is this like a silent rejection?

this isnt going to help your case, but I can say that I interviewed at one very respectable state school last cycle in August of my cycle; they didnt reject me until May of the following year.

It was awful, but schools like to play that game just in-case they need to dip into their interviewee pool

Has anyone received any acceptance package in the mail or anything beyond the acceptance email?

Would it be a good idea to write them a letter of intent if I have not heard back post-II?
It might hold more weight if you have another acceptance in hand. You're also gonna wanna time it right. If you send it now and you end up on the WL, do you have other things to talk about to make your case?

Hi I had a late January II and still haven’t heard anything back. I wrote a letter of intent and didn’t get a response back for that either. Do you think I should call to ask if they got my letter/update status?

Hi I had a late January II and still haven’t heard anything back. I wrote a letter of intent and didn’t get a response back for that either. Do you think I should call to ask if they got my letter/update status?
What does it mean letter of intent?

It might hold more weight if you have another acceptance in hand. You're also gonna wanna time it right. If you send it now and you end up on the WL, do you have other things to talk about to make your case?

Thanks for the reply, I do have another acceptance in han but I have also read that it may seem arrogant if we bring that up??
Also, do you mind being more specific about the "other things"??

yeah my II was late January too, lets hope that the process is just taking too long, this is my top choice but have not written a letter of intent yet

Since I havent heard anything at this point, can I assume a rejection?

Thanks for the reply, I do have another acceptance in han but I have also read that it may seem arrogant if we bring that up??
Also, do you mind being more specific about the "other things"??
That’s great! A letter of intent (from my understanding) really holds a lot of value when you have another acceptance because then you’re really showing the school that you want to go there. It’s not arrogant if it’s well written and explains your reasoning for wanting to go there

This could just be personal preference but LoIs are a great place to sneak in updates. Those are the ‘other things’. Have you done anything meaningful to tell schools since you last talked to them? If you send it in now and they still put you on the WL, can you add anything else to your next LOI to make your case or show progress? These are things to keep in mind when planning to send one in

Hi everyone. I noticed there wasn't a facebook class page for accepted students yet so I went ahead and made one.

Really excited to be a part of this class and to meet all of you. (also I put class of 2022 but is it 2022 or 2023? Not sure due to the 3+1 program)

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I noticed there wasn't a facebook class page for accepted students yet so I went ahead and made one.

Really excited to be a part of this class and to meet all of you. (also I put class of 2022 but is it 2022 or 2023? Not sure due to the 3+1 program)
Hey! What's the group's name? The link didn't work for me. Thanks for creating it!! (Also I would think 2023 maybe?)

Hey! What's the group's name? The link didn't work for me. Thanks for creating it!! (Also I would think 2023 maybe?)

No problem. The group name is "Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine Class of 2023". I changed the group to a closed group so should be searchable rn

No problem. The group name is "Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine Class of 2023". I changed the group to a closed group so should be searchable rn
awesome! Joined! Thanks for setting this up :)

I already made a group back in January but I will definitely join yours as well !

Hey everyone! Did anyone get any financial aid info or welcome packet or anything like that? Haven't heard anything since the acceptance email.

Does anyone know if this school has any research facilities... (genomics lab, sequencing machines, etc.?)

Are there limits to research options because they don't have a lab?

I've been looking around for a list of labs/equipment at their disposal and have come up empty-handed.

Let me know if anybody finds anything relevant, trying to see if research that isn't population-based, is a viable option here.

Are they done interviewing here?

Are they done interviewing here?
i called yesterday and they said they're still sending out invitations, but they dont know an end date because of the new AMCAS rules and all that

Any recent acceptances? Are they done with IIs? Does anyone know when they will start getting back to people who interviewed in January?

Any word on when this second-look is happening? I realize they may still be trying to make decisions on applicants, but it would be nice if it was before April 15th (or the 30th) so we have time to decide on a school.
I asked about this back at the beginning of March and they said early May, which doesn't really make sense with the new AMCAS rules....maybe they changed it since then but that's the last I heard.

I asked about this back at the beginning of March and they said early May, which doesn't really make sense with the new AMCAS rules....maybe they changed it since then but that's the last I heard.
Early may?? That's super late. I was told march, someone else was apparently told april, and now may. I don't think they have any idea either lol