2018-2019 Howard University College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who has not received the secondary application before calling received an interview yet? I am asking bc I hear even if you get an interview, you may not receive the email. However, it also says to update your amcas email if you didn't receive the secondary application so that you can properly receive an interview. Does that mean other med schools will also be sending you interviews via the new email now? That's why I'm concerned about updating the email for a potential interview that I may not even get
This is my exact fear :/

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Anybody still waiting on their secondary app??!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Shoot them an email or the call the office if you haven't already. A lot of people, including myself, did that and received a secondary same day or next day

Thanks I sent an email Saturday but I’m afraid it may have been overlooked I may have to call or resend it

II as well today around 1pm!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I can't access the secondary. It says the page takes too long to load. I went back to the original email instead of my bookmark and I get the same error message. Thoughts? I was planning on submitting tonight :/

I can't access the secondary. It says the page takes too long to load. I went back to the original email instead of my bookmark and I get the same error message. Thoughts? I was planning on submitting tonight :/
Try copying the link into another tab instead of just clicking on it

+1 and I tried every browser and copying and pasting :arghh:

I submitted my secondary on 8/26 and just called Howard about a confirmation email. They said we should receive one and that it can take up to a few weeks. Are any of y’all in the same boat? Did y’all submit your secondary and not receive an email confirmation?

II offered 09/13/2018
Submitted secondary 08/29
3.8 c. 3.69 s. 504 Mcat

Does anyone know if it’s rolling admissions or regular. If I interview in October, when do they usually let students know about acceptance

I submitted my secondary on 8/26 and just called Howard about a confirmation email. They said we should receive one and that it can take up to a few weeks. Are any of y’all in the same boat? Did y’all submit your secondary and not receive an email confirmation?
I received it the day after submitting

II offered 09/13/2018
Submitted secondary 08/29
3.8 c. 3.69 s. 504 Mcat

Does anyone know if it’s rolling admissions or regular. If I interview in October, when do they usually let students know about acceptance
It’s regular and they usually let you know in 2 weeks

It’s regular and they usually let you know in 2 weeks

That’s fantastic! Hopefully I get my first choice of dates. Then I’ll have an acceptance by my birthday and before I go home for thanksgiving !!

That’s fantastic! Hopefully I get my first choice of dates. Then I’ll have an acceptance by my birthday and before I go home for thanksgiving !!
I love your faith. Keep it up

Reactions: 2 users
Just submitted the secondary! Excited to hear from this school in the next monthish :) (I hope lol)

I've never been to DC! It'd be a mini-adventure if I got an II

I hope you get an II. It's geographically small but beautifully diverse. Always feels like the entire world is there because of the cultural density. Hinted on this in my secondary.
Check out the restaurants on National Harbor 10/10

I hope you get an II. It's geographically small but beautifully diverse. Always feels like the entire world is there because of the cultural density. Hinted on this in my secondary.
Check out the restaurants on National Harbor 10/10

Thank you much. It sounds like it would be a wonderful place to live in. I often feel culturally isolated (or maybe deprived?) where I'm at right now and a city of diversity is definitely what I want.

Anyone else interviewing at HUCM soon? I'm nervous but super excited!

I've never been to DC! It'd be a mini-adventure if I got an II

Dc is great. Honestly it’s so diverse. It’s suburbs are in among the top 5 most diverse cities on the country. It’s becoming increasingly expensive to live though. Lots of places for young adult night life. Historical landmarks of course. Loads of five star restaurants. Good public transportation, good meaning you can go far, it’s not always reliable thought. Expensive parking unless you know your way. The suburbs of DC in Va and MD have a lot to offer as well. The Howard area in particular is also very urban like obviously. it’s close to the undergraduate campus but not right next to it.

Dc is great. Honestly it’s so diverse. It’s suburbs are in among the top 5 most diverse cities on the country. It’s becoming increasingly expensive to live though. Lots of places for young adult night life. Historical landmarks of course. Loads of five star restaurants. Good public transportation, good meaning you can go far, it’s not always reliable thought. Expensive parking unless you know your way. The suburbs of DC in Va and MD have a lot to offer as well. The Howard area in particular is also very urban like obviously. it’s close to the undergraduate campus but not right next to it.

That's awesome! I actually looked at what was surrounding the campus using google maps and I got so excited to see how close these historical landmarks are! And public transportation is definitely a plus for me.
I got their complete email today. I didn't know that they don't send rejection emails sooner (they do in March )

Am I the only one who's kinda mad at HUCOM? Late secondary, don't take a waiver, making me retype all my prereqs in this secondary, won't take my damn Intro Comp course cause it doesn't have an "Eng" prefix, etc

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone else not received a secondary? I was verified on 8/31, I sent them an email last Thursday 9/13 for secondary. Called the next day and they said they are given out secondaries in the order that the emails were sent. I'm just scared that my email might be in their Spam folder. This is ridiculous

Has anyone else not received a secondary? I was verified on 8/31, I sent them an email last Thursday 9/13 for secondary. Called the next day and they said they are given out secondaries in the order that the emails were sent. I'm just scared that my email might be in their Spam folder. This is ridiculous

You might want to resend your email. I did last Wednesday and they sent it Thursday around 5pm.

For those that have had II how do you know the name of the interviewer. In the email they did not give me the name for my interviewer should I call and ask.

For those that have had II how do you know the name of the interviewer. In the email they did not give me the name for my interviewer should I call and ask.
Don’t call and ask. I interviewed last year. You dont Know who Interviews you till that day, it could literally be anyone in their office

i got a 498 and already got an interview to another medical school. try to schools that say they are holistic. have faith. everything in my application was solid, just mcat was the issue. depends on the other factors tbh. try now if u take an L , take time to fix ur application holes adn apply when ur ready that second time
i got a 498 and already got an interview to another medical school. try to schools that say they are holistic. have faith. everything in my application was solid, just mcat was the issue. depends on the other factors tbh. try now if u take an L , take time to fix ur application holes adn apply when ur ready that second time

Can I ask where? I have 500 and tryin to develop my list for next cycle, would really help me out :)

II yesterday! Does anyone know where we can get some insight on the interview From SDN?

II yesterday! Does anyone know where we can get some insight on the interview From SDN?
No I will not give you the answers to the test that I had to study for! But I will wish you luck and I hope we both get accepted.

• Dislike
No I will not give you the answers to the test that I had to study for! But I will wish you luck and I hope we both get accepted.
In all fairness, Symmy was just asking for "insight", not for somebody to necessarily give them hints/answers for the interview...

@Symmy your best bet is to probably go through last year's thread to see if there's anything about it there, and then here is the link to the Interview Feedback on SDN: https://schools.studentdoctor.net/s...-college-of-medicine?reload=1&r=1537543798905

Reactions: 9 users
From last year interviews, a little insight is that I was asked questions like, why medicine, why howard, why DC, what do you bring to the table, and then the second interviewer was focus more on my undergrad career and research and personal life... so It really depends on who you get. Preparation is good @Hopetogetin2018 Symmy just asked for a little insight plus how did you even study for this interview lmao

Reactions: 6 users

hella rude. I went to visit howard on 9/7 for first fridays and I got the sense that they were super supportive and helped each other. You're clearly not a good fit. wish you the best tho

Reactions: 14 users