2018-2019 Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hopefully we hear back on Friday!!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
giphy.gif

Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When do pre II R's start? I'm ready.

Reactions: 16 users
Anybody hear anything yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does Sinai call or email you for decisions?

Does Sinai call or email you for decisions?

Email last I checked, but it doesn’t seem likee we’re hearing back today haha RIP my prediction

Me rn after waiting all day for some news....

Attachments

• tenor.gif
    tenor.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 100
Reactions: 1 user
Maybe today...? Haha

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
my guess is we wont hear until after new years :/ i interviewed early oct and they said "right before or after christmas" and i think were coming too close to the wire to hear before if we havent already

my guess is we wont hear until after new years :/ i interviewed early oct and they said "right before or after christmas" and i think were coming too close to the wire to hear before if we havent already

To be fair, their definition of "right before" christmas could conceivably be less than a full week before Christmas Eve :)

To be fair, their definition of "right before" christmas could conceivably be less than a full week before Christmas Eve :)
It’s super excruciating bc it could be literally any day now lmao.

This is like a premed equivalent of "A watched pot never boils"

Reactions: 10 users
I interviewed in mid October for MSTP and they said that, given the med school committee meeting schedule, they would be in touch with after the new year. Since MSTP also has to be reviewed by the med school committee, I wouldn't be surprised if the first round came after Jan 1....

I interviewed in mid October for MSTP and they said that, given the med school committee meeting schedule, they would be in touch with after the new year. Since MSTP also has to be reviewed by the med school committee, I wouldn't be surprised if the first round came after Jan 1....
you're probably right, but im in denial and dont want it to be true so im gonna say that bc you interviewed MSTP maybe they have a separate meeting

Reactions: 3 users
Blyaaaat oh well

I interviewed mid November and was told that it was likely no one would hear until after New Year's.

My understanding is that "reviewed by the med school committee" is Parkas sitting in on MSTP admissions meetings or if she can't make them, reading over the files of the people the MSTP ad com wants to accept to double check that the MSTP committee wasn't blinded by multiple first author nature papers and voted to accept a future serial killer/David Newman type into the medical school.

Maybe there's been a shift towards more med school input in recent years though.

This is not the thread/forum for this. Nobody here is flexmed. Go to the “what are my chances” forum and put it there

Oh thank you. Can you please delete your copy (my post)? I don’t want it to be out there for no reason.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Have people sent letters of interest or intent/should we send them before they give us a decision? I interviewed 11/07 and don't know if I will be hearing back anytime soon/if I should send a letter now or wait to hear back if they're gonna let us know soon

Have people sent letters of interest or intent/should we send them before they give us a decision? I interviewed 11/07 and don't know if I will be hearing back anytime soon/if I should send a letter now or wait to hear back if they're gonna let us know soon
I interviewed in November as well and they said it's best to wait until after decisions to send a letter if you're waitlisted. However, if you have a significant update that might be worth doing now.

*anxiously uses 11:11 wish everyday to hear back from Icahn but inbox stays quiet*

Reactions: 5 users
@makemeadoctordoctordoctor What makes you say that? Just curious

Looking at previous MSTP acceptance data (not sure how to link to a different thread) they seem to contact people either the first Friday or Monday after the New Year. And I would assume that the first round of acceptances for both programs would come out around the same time since people from both programs were told "in the new year/early January." Again, all speculation using limited information.

Looking at previous MSTP acceptance data (not sure how to link to a different thread) they seem to contact people either the first Friday or Monday after the New Year. And I would assume that the first round of acceptances for both programs would come out around the same time since people from both programs were told "in the new year/early January." Again, all speculation using limited information.
I so hope this is true. My new year would be great if I got an acceptance here!

II this morning! Submitted early August and sent an update letter after Christmas.

Reactions: 4 users
II this morning! Submitted early August and sent an update letter after Christmas.

Maybe this means that interviewed applicants might hear something too?

Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed mid December (12/11) and they said we'd hear mid to late January

I interviewed mid November and they told us “maybe December, but probably January”

II today. In utter shock. This was an insane moonshot reach for me. Complete 8/12. Nontrad, LM 67. Below 10th percentile for MCAT and not much better for GPA. Omggg

Edit: ORM if anyone is wondering!

Last edited:
Reactions: 19 users
II today. In utter shock. This was an insane moonshot reach for me. Complete 8/12. Nontrad, LM 67. Below 10th percentile for MCAT and not much better for GPA. Omggg
Congratulations!!!

Congrats!!!

I guess transparency and straightforward, candid communication aren't qualities of this application process....

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users