2018-2019 Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
FlexMed has about 150-175 interviews, so not sure if that is included in the count. If they are, then the chances are slightly higher due to 1/3 of the class being FlexMed (~40-50 students)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So if I’m understanding correctly.. it seems like once you get an interview the odds are closer to 60% for getting accepted?

So if I’m understanding correctly.. it seems like once you get an interview the odds are closer to 60% for getting accepted?

I don’t believe so. I attended a session in the spring where they discussed FlexMed. FlexMed students are accepted at a higher rate than traditional MD. According to students at the school, they also tend to get more resources/support and perform better on Step 1. Not surprising considering they are quite unique to Sinai.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone--I thought I'd tell the group that I emailed the admissions office a few days ago and asked about whether or not to send post-II updates given that it is so far in the admissions timeline (I interviewed in early october), and they said to STILL wait until after we hear a decision to send updates, and that they'd be "sending email decisions soon"

Reactions: 9 users
Withdrawing from II today hope it II goes to someone here!

Reactions: 4 users
Hey everyone--I thought I'd tell the group that I emailed the admissions office a few days ago and asked about whether or not to send post-II updates given that it is so far in the admissions timeline (I interviewed in early october), and they said to STILL wait until after we hear a decision to send updates, and that they'd be "sending email decisions soon"
Gracias. Seems like we early interviewers might hear back in January after all?

Reactions: 3 users
They've sent decisions on Fridays in the past. My bet is tomorrow for the first round.

II yesterday, LM 75, complete early July. Dates available in late January/early February. I thought they were pretty much done with sending invites at this point - give me hope that they haven't sent out too many acceptances though!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email as well!! Accepted!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 9 users
Dang, looks like I’m R bound...

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted! Interviewed mid dec

Reactions: 7 users
Just got the acceptance email! Interviewed early November!

Did yall find that pressing the buttons on the accept page did nothing to change the options presented? Like nothing is greyed out (even after I pressed the hold spot button x100000)

Reactions: 2 users
A, interviewed around Thanksgiving! Supes excited and congrats to everyone else accepted as well - can't wait to meet some of you guys :)

Also accepted, interviewed mid-Dec. Interestingly, I thought I performed very poorly during my interview.

Do we think they're gonna have multiple batches of decisions sent out? I haven't received anything so idk if that's a rejection or waitlist decision or if there is the possibility of an acceptance at a later time

Reactions: 1 users
Also accepted, interviewed mid-Dec. Interestingly, I thought I performed very poorly during my interview.
It's funny how those things go. What I thought was my worst interview became my first acceptance

Do we think they're gonna have multiple batches of decisions sent out? I haven't received anything so idk if that's a rejection or waitlist decision or if there is the possibility of an acceptance at a later time
I'm wondering the same thing. I am hoping that these emails that people got already came out individually and not in a batch at like 8 AM. If they came out individually, there may still be hope for more to come through today

Reactions: 1 users
Based off last year's thread, most of those who didn't get an email of acceptance received a deferred email the next day. A few of those who got the deferred email were accepted in subsequent rounds, but most ended up on the waitlist.

Are you guys hearing back just now? Or did you receive the email ~30-40 min ago like the others ?

For those who did not receive an email - check the portal. Mine was just updated with a waitlist status

Based off last year's thread, most of those who didn't get an email of acceptance received a deferred email the next day. A few of those who got the deferred email were accepted in subsequent rounds, but most ended up on the waitlist.
It came in a batch at 10:47am, i think they’re done for today