2018-2019 Indiana University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I literally just got an email saying that my application was received...I was verified in mid-July. Lol...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
finally got an email confirming my primary submitted mid-july

Members don't see this ad :)
It won't let me. I am relatively new here. Do we have to be friends some how?
I’m pretty sure you have to change your settings or something to allow members to start conversations.

just got my primary confirmation lmao

Just received the primary application confirmation email. How long after this point have individuals started to hear back for II's?

Just received the primary application confirmation email. How long after this point have individuals started to hear back for II's?

It definitely varies, but mine took about 3 weeks between the verification email and the interview notification.

status changed to under consideration today. oct interview

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Acceptances are sent via snail mail. They make the final decisions on the 15th and send them the day after usually. So at the earliest, we'll start getting them in the mail tomorrow. In general, expect acceptance letters to be received in the mail the 17th-20th each month. Rejections and waitlist (they call it an "alternate list") notifications will be sent exclusively by email and can happen at any time.

Some of us who interviewed in September may not even hear back this month and will have to wait until November and possibly beyond. Just remember: no news is good news for now.

Hey, how did you find out that waitlist and rejections are through email?

Hey, how did you find out that waitlist and rejections are through email?

I have a few friends who are there in various years I've pestered all of them quite a bit over the past couple of months with application/interview/admissions questions related to IU haha.

Accepted by mail on Friday!!!!
Congrats!!!!! Such a big accomplishment go celebrate.

Do you mind telling me when your interview date was and when you got your green check marks? I interviewed early September but didn’t get my check marks until late September

Checked my portal earlier this morning, ACCEPTED!!! I have not yet received the mail packet yet.

P.S. I live on the West Coast.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted by mail yesterday! The portal was also updated!

Congratulations to all who have been accepted! You're all going to be wonderful physicians someday soon.

Out of curiosity, are there any other September interviewees who have yet to hear back?

Congratulations to all who have been accepted! You're all going to be wonderful physicians someday soon.

Out of curiosity, are there any other September interviewees who have yet to hear back?

Yea interviewed early Sept and have not heard anything yet....radio silence.

Interviewed 9/12 and haven't heard anything

Last edited:
Congrats!!!!! Such a big accomplishment go celebrate.

Do you mind telling me when your interview date was and when you got your green check marks? I interviewed early September but didn’t get my check marks until late September
Thanks so much!!!! Not sure when I got the check marks but I interviewed early Sept. I'm wishing the best for you!!

So will they be sending acceptances via mail/portal updates each week?

I believe they send them out once a month
Is this the case for interview dates as well? been waiting wellllll over a month! I also saw on their website that interviews are August-November. Is that true?? Have any late august/early september II folks received a date?

Is this the case for interview dates as well? been waiting wellllll over a month! I also saw on their website that interviews are August-November. Is that true?? Have any late august/early september II folks received a date?

Im not sure how they organize the interview dates. I would imagine it is difficult distributing amongst the campuses when most students probably choose indy campus

The interviews I believe are all on Wednesdays and you get an email offering you a spot 2-4 weeks before the date. Also i think that interviews go until at least Feb.

I interviewed 9/12 but did hear back.

Interviews in the fall are August-November. And in the spring January-March.

Has anybody that is waiting for their interview date tried calling the admissions office? Picked Indianapolis which was probably my first mistake lol

Has anybody that is waiting for their interview date tried calling the admissions office? Picked Indianapolis which was probably my first mistake lol
I picked Indianapolis too, tbh it took around 2 months for them to give me a date and time, and I did not call them. I think that if they gave you an interview invitation, they will let you know four weeks beforehand :)

Lol before I got my date, I tried calling and they low key got mad. They just told me that they would send the date 2-4 weeks before the interview.

Lol before I got my date, I tried calling and they low key got mad. They just told me that they would send the date 2-4 weeks before the interview.
lmao im just not impressed with the lack of transparency. I get im going to have to wait, but at least give us some information!! just feels like they don't care