2018-2019 Indiana University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received my II in August and my interview was scheduled for 10/10 just to give you some sort of time frame. I received my the email on my interview date 9/13 so 4 weeks in advance
This helps, thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Sup everybody. I've been doing some investigating, and it looks like IU has instituted a 508 rule. This is a bit of unwritten rule, but the point being: IUSM really only seriously considers applicants with a 508 or higher. OBVIOUSLY there are exceptions to this, but by and large, you better aim pretty high on the MCAT to have a prayer of getting accepted here. Anyway, good luck to all this application cycle!

-Anxious

Sup everybody. I've been doing some investigating, and it looks like IU has instituted a 508 rule. This is a bit of unwritten rule, but the point being: IUSM really only seriously considers applicants with a 508 or higher. OBVIOUSLY there are exceptions to this, but by and large, you better aim pretty high on the MCAT to have a prayer of getting accepted here. Anyway, good luck to all this application cycle!

-Anxious
Do you mind sharing where this info came from? Thanks

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

-Anxious

Given that I have a friend who currently goes here that got a 501, and another friend who is currently interviewing here with the same score, the neuroticism isn’t really needed

Reactions: 4 users

-Anxious
The MSAR says that IU's 25th percentile for accepted students MCAT scores is 506 and their 10th percentile is 502. The matriculated student data is even lower (505 and 502 respectively). These are about the same for IS and OOS students, so I'm not sure there is an unwritten 508 rule. That being said, shooting for score in their upper percentiles is always a smart move. Good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
I’ve given up on them, literally got my II on 8/30 and still no date... wtf

I’ve given up on them, literally got my II on 8/30 and still no date... wtf

They apparently don’t do interviews in December is what I heard. Be patient, since they give them out a month in advance your day could be in January and coming up soon

If sent to my preferred address, I’m not gonna know til Thursday. Nothing came to my permanent today though
I have heard from friends who did early decision that they send it to your AMCAS address if that helps anyone

-Anxious
Everyone I talked to at my interview had below that, one below 500. I have below 508 lol. Also someone that I know got accepted last year got below that too

Members don't see this ad :)
I have heard from friends who did early decision that they send it to your AMCAS address if that helps anyone

You list both on the app so as much as that gets posted, there’s still two addresses unless you put them as the same. I guess we’ll (hopefully) see in a few days.

anyone receive any mail today?
You list both on the app so as much as that gets posted, there’s still two addresses unless you put them as the same. I guess we’ll (hopefully) see in a few days.
I spoke to admissions a week or so ago and they said any mail is sent to your AMCAS address. I needed to update my mailing address and they said to just make the change on your app and resubmit it, so they should use whatever address is on there.

-Anxious

There's a 509 rule, but it's for EDP only and this rule is clearly outlined on their website

If you read last year's thread, this guy is a troll. Disregard.

Nope. Permanent and preferred address are the same and quite close to campus. I'm doubting they sent them on the 15th
My letter was dated the 16th but I got it on 20th of October. So today is probably the day for y’all

Edit: Sorry I meant I got it on the 19th of October.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
nothing in the mail today either. I wish IU called or emailed instead

My portal updated, this kid gonna be a doctor wooo!

No letter yet though.

Reactions: 5 users
II beginning of September and still no date :dead:.

I interviewed early October and as a former IU Bloomington student, I noticed my application status shows as the attached image, but my application portal still says under consideration. If anyone can please tell me if this is an actual acceptance and matched what you saw on your IU Student Center, that would be incredible. Feel free to PM with responses. Thanks!

Attachments

• HOPE.jpg
    HOPE.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 203
I interviewed early October and as a former IU Bloomington student, I noticed my application status shows as the attached image, but my application portal still says under consideration. If anyone can please tell me if this is an actual acceptance and matched what you saw on your IU Student Center, that would be incredible. Feel free to PM with responses. Thanks!
Wow! That looks pretty positive to me. Where are you seeing this? Is this in One.IU or in your application portal? I haven't been checking the One.IU system because I don't seem to have access. Hope I'm not missing anything. Feel free to PM me.

@DeadlyWarbler This is in my One.IU Student Center which I have access to as a former IU student
Oh, that must be the problem. They let me set up a One.IU account but apparently I don't have the same access to open applications. Well now I'm just dying to see if my status changed because my portal still says "under consideration"

I have the exact same message on my One.IU. Yay!!!

Reactions: 1 users
I think that means you got in. Mine has the same info in the box but under it, the text said to check the application portal. Do you mind sharing what date you interviewed? Or what your portal says? I interviewed 10/3 and really want to know if I had a shot at getting a letter soon

I interviewed 10-3 in Indianapolis. No letter today either. My portal still says under consideration.

Last edited:
I think that means you got in. Mine has the same info in the box but under it, the text said to check the application portal. Do you mind sharing what date you interviewed? Or what your portal says? I interviewed 10/3 and really want to know if I had a shot at getting a letter soon
I interviewed 10/3 as well but no letter in the mail today and no portal change

Reactions: 1 users
So, for those of us who weren't former students at IU, our One.IU account is a guest account, correct? So far I have not been able to get an information on my application status there. Has anyone else had this issue. I interviewed around the same time in early October so I'm anxious to know!

Do only IU students have access to that portal one.iu ???
The Student Center is the online platform that IU students schedule classes through. I am a current senior at IU so I don't know if non-IU students have access. I am just hoping physical letters come out tomorrow so that we can all know for sure

The Student Center is the online platform that IU students schedule classes through. I am a current senior at IU so I don't know if non-IU students have access. I am just hoping physical letters come out tomorrow so that we can all know for sure

Why can’t they just do it via phone or email as well. Yes the letter is official but It’s 2018

Why can’t they just do it via phone or email as well. Yes the letter is official but It’s 2018
I completely agree. I just want a freaking email because it makes me sick every time the 15th of the month comes around because I have no clue if or when I will hear from them

It looks like non-IU students are allowed to create a guest account through the application portal, but this doesn't allow access to application status. I tried to access it, but not luck. I guess I'll just have to be patient!

How do you set up an applicant IU account? Where did you get your University ID?

Anyone with a 10/10 interview date get notified? Has anyone received a post interview rejection? I've only seen pre-interview rejection posts so far

For those who are asking about their interview dates, post-II:

It seems to be taking around 4-5 weeks for people to be given their official date after receiving their invitation. That being said, they take a break in December, so add on another couple of weeks to make up for that break just in case. It's stressful and can be inconvenient, but just remember that you have the invitation - the date will come soon.

Also, to reiterate something I mentioned a ways back, IU is the largest medical school in the country so they have a lot more on their plate than other schools. This is a stressful process but patience is key, especially for future physicians.

Submitted primary app three months ago. Just got complete email. I was just about to email them today.