2018-2019 Indiana University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Submitted primary app three months ago. Just got complete email. I was just about to email them today.

Same. lol

Members don't see this ad.

I just talked to admissions and they said the portal should be going live tomorrow.

They also said not to trust the one.iu.edu grad thing because that could be unrelated.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They also said not to trust the one.iu.edu grad thing because that could be unrelated.

Don’t know how the central portal for all IU Campuses would be unrelated since most people apply strictly MD, but okay. If that updated, y’all probably safe to celebrate.

Last edited:
I interviewed Oct 3 and just saw the One.IU student center update to say that I have been accepted. It didn't say that when I checked around 8:00 this morning. Big, if true ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
Accepted. Came home to a massive envelope stuffed in my mailbox.

LM 74, reapplicant, interviewed 10/10. Was considered IS at up until right before the interview, am currently viewed as OOS.

I still can't believe it, I'm gonna be a doctor!

Reactions: 9 users

LM 74, reapplicant, interviewed 10/10. Was considered IS at up until right before the interview, am currently viewed as OOS.

Congrats! Would you please kindly provide me with a timeline of primary app submission, when they received your primary app?

Reactions: 1 user

Hopefully I get good news too interviewed same day

Portal updated this morning. Accepted! Still waiting on the official letter in snail mail.

My one.iu account was updated yesterday so I think the two portals seem to be related.

Reactions: 2 users
Portal updated this morning. Accepted! Still waiting on the official letter in snail mail.

My one.iu account was updated yesterday so I think the two portals seem to be related.

Same for me

Congratulations!!

Same! Any current students willing to answer questions about the program?

Members don't see this ad :)

Same! Any current students willing to answer questions about the program?
Are you both IS or OOS applicants? When did you interview? Congrats on your acceptance! On Thanksgiving Day no less!

Are you both IS or OOS applicants? When did you interview? Congrats on your acceptance! On Thanksgiving Day no less!

I apologize, should have included this initially. I am OOS but significant ties to Indiana (lived there longer than most here have been alive). Interviewed 10/10 at IUPUI.

I apologize, should have included this initially. I am OOS but significant ties to Indiana (lived there longer than most here have been alive). Interviewed 10/10 at IUPUI.
We had the same interview date, but not portal update here.. Congratulations on your acceptance!!

Reactions: 1 users

Hey congratulations!! Can you explain why you are currently viewed as out of state?

Last edited:
Hey guys! Got a question:
I had an 11/14 interview at IUSM -- thought it went well (who doesn't lol). Should b hearing back on 12/15. I'm an OOS student who attended Purdue Uni for undergrad. I also have plans to stay in IN because of a sig. other -- something I expressed in the interview. LizzyM score = 69.20.

Are there any other OOS students who attended an Indiana undergrad school and got an acceptance? Do you have any insight on how they look at our application in comparison to OOS students who didn't come from an IS undergrad program and true IS students? I know this is a state school, so odds are slim... just wanna have an idea of just HOW slim

Hey guys! Got a question:
I had an 11/14 interview at IUSM -- thought it went well (who doesn't lol). Should b hearing back on 12/15. I'm an OOS student who attended Purdue Uni for undergrad. I also have plans to stay in IN because of a sig. other -- something I expressed in the interview. LizzyM score = 69.20.

Are there any other OOS students who attended an Indiana undergrad school and got an acceptance? Do you have any insight on how they look at our application in comparison to OOS students who didn't come from an IS undergrad program and true IS students? I know this is a state school, so odds are slim... just wanna have an idea of just HOW slim
This is one of the most OOS friendly schools in the country based on size; they take A LOT of out of state students (somewhere close to 100). To answer the preferences stuff, I feel that's something they don't tell us. So we probably couldn't answer that.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted by the "official portal update" last night (knew from One.IU a couple of days ago)! Interviewed in Indy 10/3. IS (Proud Hoosier)

I have one pre-req (physics 2), and interviewed on 09/12 and portal still says under consideration.

Does anyone know if IU sends conditional acceptances? or will they just wait till I complete physics 2 and send them a final grade before they make their final decision?

Accepted! Portal updated this morning. Interviewed 10/3. IS. Happy thanksgiving everyone!

Anyone else having trouble logging into the accepted students portal? I don't remember making a passphrase for the username they are providing. I wrote down my password for something with IU but for that password I have the username as my email and to get into the accepted applicant portal the username is already entered for us as the first four letters of our first and last name...

Guessing the people from 10/19 haven’t heard anything since nobody has posted. Guess I’ll have to wait.

Somebody on here said that they don’t make decisions in December

That's correct. I was told that they use it to catch up due to the people who accept, but then get accepted elsewhere and turn IU down. They don't meet, but it seems like they send acceptances to people who are on the bubble.

Anyone else having trouble logging into the accepted students portal? I don't remember making a passphrase for the username they are providing. I wrote down my password for something with IU but for that password I have the username as my email and to get into the accepted applicant portal the username is already entered for us as the first four letters of our first and last name...
+1

That's correct. I was told that they use it to catch up due to the people who accept, but then get accepted elsewhere and turn IU down. They don't meet, but it seems like they send acceptances to people who are on the bubble.
Where did you hear that they accept people on the bubble in December? I already interviewed and haven't heard back. Wasn't sure if I should be hoping for news in December or not

Where did you hear that they accept people on the bubble in December? I already interviewed and haven't heard back. Wasn't sure if I should be hoping for news in December or not

I have a couple friends who go to IU. One of them said that they don't meet but they can still send acceptances. This person is in their 4th year though, so who knows if it's the most accurate information haha. I'd say hope for good news in December but don't necessarily expect it since we don't know for sure.

Just received my acceptance to IUSM in the mail today!
In state. MCAT: 516 GPA: 3.97
Interviewed: 10/11
Good luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 3 users
For those who have received their letter in the mail (congrats!), was the letter sent to your preferred address or permanent address?

How long after acceptances come out do people usually hear about rejections/waitlists? I interviewed on 10/10 and my application still says "under consideration".

I have a couple friends who go to IU. One of them said that they don't meet but they can still send acceptances. This person is in their 4th year though, so who knows if it's the most accurate information haha. I'd say hope for good news in December but don't necessarily expect it since we don't know for sure.

Response was that they deliberate in December, send out acceptances on the 15th of December (15th of every month), but don't conduct interviews in December. However, they stated that because IU does not do rolling admissions, they cannot guarantee that all acceptances will be sent out on the 15th of the following month. It may take much longer to hear back.