2018-2019 Indiana University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This may be a dumb question, but those who interviewed in early January, did your status change? Ive read other people who’ve interviewed earlier saying their statuses change to under consideration, but mine just says in process, but I had all the required documents completed before the interview. Should I be worried?
I also interviewed in early January, and my portal just updated this afternoon as under consideration.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone.
I just interviewed late january.
They said they sent acceptances every 15th. For those if you who got accepted did you also get an email or did you just get the letter.
Also if they reject you or waitlist you do they tell you also on the 15th or do they wait until the end of the cycle?
Thanks ahead

Reactions: 3 users
I wasn't invited to a minority mixer... =(
Same, but I think it depends on where you interview and how many minorities are there on that day. I was the only minority of like 6 people on my interview day.

Reactions: 1 user
Same, but I think it depends on where you interview and how many minorities are there on that day. I was the only minority of like 6 people on my interview day.
I interviewed at the Indianapolis campus and there were quite a few minorities...

Does anyone know the email of the student ambassadors? They said it on interview day, but I can't remember what it is.

Has anyone been to the minority mixer that occurs after the interview?
I wasn’t even aware there was a minority mixer... how did you find out about this in the first place? Perhaps I’m just out of the loop haha

Does anyone kow if IU is receptive to postinterview updates or letters of intent? If so, how can we send those?

Does anyone kow if IU is receptive to postinterview updates or letters of intent? If so, how can we send those?

I believe you have to paper mail both updates and LOI to the admissions office. The address should be posted on their website.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, did y'all receive any information about where to park? Was parking easy to find on interview day?

My interview is at the Indianapolis campus at the Van Nuys Medical Science Building. My flight just landed not too long ago and I'm wayy too tired to do a dry run tonight.

Hey, did y'all receive any information about where to park? Was parking easy to find on interview day?

My interview is at the Indianapolis campus at the Van Nuys Medical Science Building. My flight just landed not too long ago and I'm wayy too tired to do a dry run tonight.

Yeah the parking garage is a three minute walk away from the building

Has anyone had issues gettings LORs classified as science? My interview is next week and I'm at wit's end dealing with their admission's office because they don't consider my letter from my Behavioral Endocrinology professor a science letter. Does anyone have any advice or experience running things up the flagpole with their admissions office?

Has anyone had issues gettings LORs classified as science? My interview is next week and I'm at wit's end dealing with their admission's office because they don't consider my letter from my Behavioral Endocrinology professor a science letter. Does anyone have any advice or experience running things up the flagpole with their admissions office?

Unfortunately, they only consider “hard science” professors. I had a neuroscience professor initially and had to change it to my genetic’s professor because of this same thing. I think any professor from a class that is focused on a subset of biology, like cardio phys, Renal phys or in your case, behavioral endocrinology, it just doesn’t meet the cut off for a science rec. You may have to see about finding another professor quickly :(

When do you get to pick your top choices for campuses? Interview day or afterwards?

When do you get to pick your top choices for campuses? Interview day or afterwards?
After you get accepted and only if you are directly accepted. If you're accepted off the waitlist, you will be offered a spot at one specific campus (the seat of a person that is no longer attending).

Will they tell us decisions tomorrow or do we have to wait for the mail to come in?

Will they tell us decisions tomorrow or do we have to wait for the mail to come in?
They’re supposedly meeting tomorrow to make decisions which then means they’ll send out letters in the mail. And honestly being that tomorrow is friday and Monday is a holiday (Presidents’ Day) who knows how long they’ll take to reach anyone.
So yeah in the mail and who knows how delayed it could get

Reactions: 1 users
Today is my birthday. I hope they kept that in mind if/when they discussed me today

Reactions: 4 users
Made my way through missed/delayed/canceled flights and near road accidents (+ 2 hr sleep) to interview there this week. It was worth it! :bow:

Reactions: 2 users
Guys!
Will they email/call if you get accepted or just send you a letter by mail?
Someone please?

Guys!
Will they email/call if you get accepted or just send you a letter by mail?
Someone please?
just letter mail, man. unless you've got a one.iu account thing then itll probably update before you get the letter.

just letter mail, man. unless you've got a one.iu account thing then itll probably update before you get the letter.

Does anyone remember how to do this? I feel like there’s so many different instructions and the webpage isn’t very clear with the only option being to call their admissions office.

So just to reiterate, if we get an email that means automatic R? Acceptance is only snail mail, no follow up email???

AFAIK they don't reject post interview until April/may. You get one.iu portal update first, then snail mail and they also send an email a bit after that too iirc about your acceptance

Do all applicants get university ID’s or only those that are accepted?

Nothing here either, do we get informed if we’re waitlisted?

Nothing here either, do we get informed if we’re waitlisted?
From my understanding they don’t do waitlist/rejections until like months later? Idk it’s just what I’ve gathered from scrolling through last years thread