2018-2019 Indiana University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you happen to remember when campus placements came out last year?
Just checked in my inbox, it was April 26th last year, but it was also a huge mess - some people were notified prematurely, and were told different campuses than they ended up getting. So I think the April 26th date is a little later than you might hear this year, so long as they have worked out all the kinks in their system.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was told by admissions that if our application was reviewed at the March meeting then our portals would update a week from today. So letters will be sent out today and portals will be updated next Friday at the earliest. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 4 users
Can any current 1st or 2nd year students describe their weekly/ class schedule?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was told by admissions that if our application was reviewed at the March meeting then our portals would update a week from today. So letters will be sent out today and portals will be updated next Friday at the earliest. Hope this helps!
It's so strange that no one here has received anything in the mail by now if they said they sent them out on Friday...

It's so strange that no one here has received anything in the mail by now if they said they sent them out on Friday...
It could be that the people who have been accepted aren't on here, too. I still have a wee bit of hope to last me until Saturday

Is this the consensus or should we still expect mail and/or portal changes this week?

They don’t typically reject people until the summer. One of my friends who now goes to another school technically was never rejected and never heard back. Just be patient, hopefully you all will hear back soon.

Is this the consensus or should we still expect mail and/or portal changes this week?
It was my understanding that this would have been the last month were they send out regular acceptances and that next month they'd send out waitlists while they do the campus assignment for the accepted. and if you dont get an e-mail waitlisting you by April you can pretty much count your self rejected. Although this is just what I have gathered, it seems to make the most sense.

Normally, from what I've seen this year and from previous years threads, at least one letter should have arrived and/or one.iu portals should have updated by now... so I mean either something's up or it really is one heck of a coincidence that none of us on here got accepted this last round

My friends one.iu account updated, he was accepted. So march acceptances are going out!

Reactions: 2 users
My friends one.iu account updated, he was accepted. So march acceptances are going out!
Do you know when it updated? (Today vs. yesterday?) also, do you know when they interviewed?

Thanks

Reactions: 2 users
So I may be out of the loop here, but is the one.iu link the same as the applicant portal that is emailed out to us?

So I may be out of the loop here, but is the one.iu link the same as the applicant portal that is emailed out to us?

The one.iu thing is basically a hub for current and past IU students to view classes, enroll, check aid/scholarships, and a bunch of other stuff. It also has a section to check on current applications for the school. For people who have access, that section has been updating before the applicant portal to tell people they've been accepted. So much so that it seems to be updating before even the snail mail acceptance arrives.

Anyone who has been enrolled or accepted to an IU program in the past has access to it. Hope this helps!

The one.iu thing is basically a hub for current and past IU students to view classes, enroll, check aid/scholarships, and a bunch of other stuff. It also has a section to check on current applications for the school. For people who have access, that section has been updating before the applicant portal to tell people they've been accepted. So much so that it seems to be updating before even the snail mail acceptance arrives.

Anyone who has been enrolled or accepted to an IU program in the past has access to it. Hope this helps!

So, anyone you can get guest access if not an IU student?

I can confirm that my one.iu portal was updated yesterday, and my IUSM portal as of now shows accepted!

Nothing in mail yet

Reactions: 1 users
No portal updates for me. The only thing I received in the mail this week was a jury summons so thanks, Mr. Postman +pity+

Honestly pretty bummed about this one. I'm still holding out some hope for a waitlist spot, but even if that happens, it'll likely be in Gary. In that case, I should probably sign up for a self defense class while they decide what to do with me. Until next month!

No portal updates for me. The only thing I received in the mail this week was a jury summons so thanks, Mr. Postman +pity+

Honestly pretty bummed about this one. I'm still holding out some hope for a waitlist spot, but even if that happens, it'll likely be in Gary. In that case, I should probably sign up for a self defense class while they decide what to do with me. Until next month!
Man, I feel you on so many levels. Really thought I’d hear good things from IU but doesn’t seem like I will. And like you said, if we do happen to get a waitlist spot it’ll likely be for Gary :(

Hey gang, how are y'all ranking campuses? Obviously, the likes of Indianapolis will tend to be at the top for most folks while Gary might rate a bit lower for many. Any specifics or reasoning would be appreciated.

Also, anyone know if merit scholarship might still be coming and when? Barring a recruitment scholarship being sent my way, I'll probably ultimately withdraw and open up a spot for another one you guys.

Since someone will be interested and ask: OOS, LM 78, interviewed mid February, admitted today.

Last edited:
Hey gang, how are y'all ranking campuses? Obviously, the likes of Indianapolis will tend to be at the top for most folks while Gary might rate a bit lower for many. Any specifics or reasoning would be appreciated.

Also, anyone know if merit scholarship might still be coming and when? Barring a recruitment scholarship being sent my way, I'll probably ultimately withdraw and open up a spot for another one you guys.

Since someone will be interested and ask: OOS, LM 78, interviewed mid February, admitted today.

A lot is based on what you want to be surrounded by. They have some images that show the specific campus advantages as well on the website. Also, are you able to rank campuses yet? I can't find the tab they referenced.

Did anyone who just got accepted receive something in the mail, or only found out through the portal?

Did anyone who just got accepted receive something in the mail, or only found out through the portal?
For me, am email about stuff came in yesterday morning accompanied by a portal change and followed by a letter in the mail that afternoon.

Hey guys, I interviewed here back in October and I am still under consideration. I was curious if anyone is in the same boat.

Just got an email saying they admitted their last group of students. I think after this it’ll just be waitlist or spots for seats given up in the future