2018-2019 Indiana University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got rejected! Good luck, everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any OOSers receive a confirmation email yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Got the axe (aka rejection) today. It's all good. Good luck to everyone else, though!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else still waiting on confirmation of their primary submission?

Can someone who contacted admissions please tell me what is going on? I've waited about two months at this point for them to just acknowledge my submission....

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone gotten a date for their interview yet? I got my II two weeks ago but haven’t gotten a date yet

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone gotten a date for their interview yet? I got my II two weeks ago but haven’t gotten a date yet
Right now letters still aren’t “green check marked”, and it also says something about allowing 4-6 weeks. I think our dates will probably be sometime in September, since October is when EDP people find out about their decision. Someone more neurotic than me is free to call :D

Can someone who contacted admissions please tell me what is going on? I've waited about two months at this point for them to just acknowledge my submission....

Same... I have yet to hear from them.

For people that got a rejection did they at least acknowledge your primary first or you got rejected before getting that email saying they received your app?

No interview date yet! I should think next week they'll let us know. Last year the first interviews were the first week of September, so if they're going to stick with the 4 week notice, they're already past that timeframe.

Anybody else waiting on a confirmation email? Submitted them 6/26 and nada

Just received an invitation for an interview--I'm OOS, but I attended IU for undergrad and lived in Indiana for the first 22 years of my life.

Eeeeeeek just got an II! :D I also wasn't able to schedule an interview, just my preferred location

I am pretty sure I received the same emails you guys did today and I did not even apply here. I am super confused.

II today! OOS but significant ties to IN. Received “app received” email 7/5

II today! Great way to start off the week, and hopefully good news will continue to come for everyone else! OOS, no significant ties to Indiana.

Lol everyone's getting II and I've yet to get confirmation of primary receipt as an OOS

Reactions: 6 users
Eeeeeeek just got an II! :D I also wasn't able to schedule an interview, just my preferred location
I am assuming they contact you to schedule once you've designated your preferred location. I turned my information around right away. Looking forward to it!

yeah... I have only received one other II so I am happy, just confused as hell.

That is so strange? There's no secondary here so maybe you accidentally added them to the primary? Either way congrats haha. An interview is always nice even if it's a school you didn't apply to :D

I'm super confused. My primary was transmitted July 17th and I still haven't heard anything from Indiana, not even an acknowledgement that my application was received. Anyone else having this problem? And for those that got an II, is there anything I'm missing that I should have filled out? I know they have a graduate program app you can fill out, but as far as I understand it that's just for those receiving an interview but I could be wrong. Thanks in advance for the help!

Reactions: 2 users
I just wanted to let you guys know how my application process went last year.

I applied early June, got an II in early August, interviewed in September, and heard absolutely NOTHING until late April. Really bad communication, so just be aware that IUSM is really bad at getting back to you on a timeline. I ended up getting on the waitlist in April and didn't hear anything until I got my rejection in August. Overall, I am very disappointed in IUSM, but I thought I would let everyone else know that their communication is not the best...

Good luck to everyone else!

I'm super confused. My primary was transmitted July 17th and I still haven't heard anything from Indiana, not even an acknowledgement that my application was received. Anyone else having this problem? And for those that got an II, is there anything I'm missing that I should have filled out? I know they have a graduate program app you can fill out, but as far as I understand it that's just for those receiving an interview but I could be wrong. Thanks in advance for the help!
I got an II and there is nothing to fill out/send in UNTIL you are offered an interview. Also, from reading this thread, it seems you’re not the only one who hasn’t received confirmation of your app being received