2018-2019 Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For people who won't hear a decision until end of March, how are you accessing the scholarship application for IDOC? Idk how to get the document
What do you mean? Isn’t it just the college board css application? I’m about to fill it out, haven’t started yet.

On a slightly unrelated note, did anyone else remember them saying decisions would be “on or after March 31st”. Interviewed mid January.

Members don't see this ad.

For people who won't hear a decision until end of March, how are you accessing the scholarship application for IDOC? Idk how to get the document
Click on the button to the left of the document title (the one that looks like a piece of paper).

Reactions: 1 user
What do you mean? Isn’t it just the college board css application? I’m about to fill it out, haven’t started yet.

On a slightly unrelated note, did anyone else remember them saying decisions would be “on or after March 31st”. Interviewed mid January.
After you fill out the CSS profile, they direct you to IDOC where certain schools have you upload additional documents!

Members don't see this ad :)
Extremely neurotic, but i noticed that my portal says “your application was completed on ____” and in the blank there is a date that is around a month after my interview was. This was not there before. Does this mean anything??

Extremely neurotic, but i noticed that my portal says “your application was completed on ____” and in the blank there is a date that is around a month after my interview was. This was not there before. Does this mean anything??
Mine also says that but it is 5 days after my interview was...

Mine still shows up as application submitted.
Well I may be reading into too much but can anyone who heard from the first two waves recall when/if there was that extra line of "your application was completed on ____" appeared (relative to your interview day)? Also would you mine sharing your final result (A/WL/R)?

Well I may be reading into too much but can anyone who heard from the first two waves recall when/if there was that extra line of "your application was completed on ____" appeared (relative to your interview day)? Also would you mine sharing your final result (A/WL/R)?
Mine was dated like 2 months after my interview (interview early nov, decision date early feb) ended up with WL

I'm pretty sure older threads just said it was when the committee met about your application. Idk that it means anything (mine is a month after i interviewed)

I'm pretty sure older threads just said it was when the committee met about your application. Idk that it means anything (mine is a month after i interviewed)

Does that mean if i send an update it won’t be reviewee?

Does that mean if i send an update it won’t be reviewee?
I feel like at this point since decisions are supposed to come out in a few weeks updates wont affect our decision (totally just my opinion though, I could be very wrong). but i feel like updates can help later if we get waitlisted. I'm probably gonna send an update anyway

Around how many more acceptances are anticipated to come out at the end of the month?

Around how many more acceptances are anticipated to come out at the end of the month?
I’m guessing like 60 since they sent out 81 and ~60 so far and I think they send out ~200 total before using the waitlist.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m guessing like 60 since they sent out 81 and ~60 so far and I think they send out ~200 total before using the waitlist.

Fingers crossed! Good luck guys and gals

Reactions: 1 users
I've got two nuggets of info for potential/prospective students:

Firstly, the SOM released some info recently regarding Hopkins Step1 scores. A few years ago we were consistently underperforming peer schools, with our averages at 235/238 while similar schools were more like 245.

The big news is that for the last two years we have seen a massive jump up in performance, with our most recent averages at 245 and 247. So anybody that was worried about the ~10 point gap, rest assured it no longer exists.

Secondly, the SOM Class of 2019 had its Match today! Anyone who attends second look will get an anonymized match list to look over, so I figure it's alright to also post an anonymized list here:

Johns Hopkins 2019 Residency Matches

Anesthesia
Duke
Mass General/MGH
Johns Hopkins
UCSF
Johns Hopkins

Child Neuro
Boston Children's

Dermatology

Johns Hopkins
UCLA
NYU

Diagnostic Radiology

Duke
Icahn/St Lukes
Duke
NYP Columbia
U Penn
UCSF

Emergency Medicine

Icahn/Mt Sinai
NYP Columbia/Cornell
Icahn/Mt Sinai
Mass General/MGH
NYU
Alameda
SUNY Brooklyn
Northwestern

Family Medicine

U Penn
Swedish Med Center
Swedish Med Center
Swedish Med Center

General Surgery

UCSD
U Maryland
Einstein
UT Southwestern
U Washington
Yale
Indiana
UCSF

Internal Medicine

Brigham/BWH
Brigham/BWH
Emory
Johns Hopkins
Johns Hopkins
Johns Hopkins
Johns Hopkins
Kaiser Permanente LA
Mass General/MGH
Mayo
NYP Columbia
NYU
Stanford
U Michigan
UCLA
UCLA
UCSF
UCSF
UCSF
Vanderbilt
Walter Reed
Walter Reed

Interventional Radiology
BI Deaconess
Johns Hopkins
Johns Hopkins
UT Houston
NYP Cornell

Medicine - Primary
Yale
Hopkins/Bayview
Einstein
U Penn

Neurology
Northwestern
Brigham/BWH
Johns Hopkins (Neurodevelopmental Disabilities)

Neurosurgery
Johns Hopkins
Johns Hopkins
UCLA
Barrow/St Joseph

OBGYN
Christiana
Johns Hopkins
INOVA Fairfax
NYP Columbia
Walter Reed
Icahn/Mt Sinai

Ophthalmology
U Michigan
Johns Hopkins

Orthopaedic Surgery
Hospital for Special Surgery
Johns Hopkins
UCLA

Otolarygology
Johns Hopkins
Johns Hopkins
UCSD

Pathology
Icahn/Mt Sinai
Brigham/BWH
UCSF

Pediatrics
Einstein
Nationwide Children's/Ohio State
CHOP
CHOP
NYP Cornell
U Chicago
U Washington
Tulane
Johns Hopkins
UCSF

Plastic Surgery
Duke
Baylor
Stanford
U Penn
UCLA

Preliminary
UNC (Prelim Peds)
UT Southwestern (Prelim General Surg)

Psychiatry
U Washington
Yale
UCLA
Johns Hopkins
Johns Hopkins
UCSF

Thoracic Surgery
U Penn

Urology
Cleveland Clinic
UC Irvine

when does waitlist movement typically start here? In May?

What date is the next round of decisions supposed to come out?

Anyone else have a “Conway Memorial Scholarship” tab pop up on their portal? I have one but can’t click on it. Wondering what it is.

Anyone else have a “Conway Memorial Scholarship” tab pop up on their portal? I have one but can’t click on it. Wondering what it is.

It’s probably a tease

I also noticed this lmao - I think its a veteran's/military scholarship though... Anyone not see this?
Hmmm...Unless I'm not looking in the right place, I don't think I see it. Could you be more specific where you're looking? Is this the financial aid portal?

I called the admissions office the day before yesterday (03/20/2019), and they said the next round would go out "before April 1st", which isn't the most helpful, but at least it supports the notion of decisions coming out next week (perhaps on the 28th).

Reactions: 2 users
Where do you see this?
FYI y'all I'm waitlisted and I also see this tab after clicking on "View Application" from the main portal page, so it probably doesn't mean anything!

Last edited:
I have two of those Conway tabs
Me as well. Also mid feb interview, awaiting decision. I had an "application complete" date like 5 days after my interview date that I see before I go into the "view application". Anyone else see that/is it a similar time frame?

Me as well. Also mid feb interview, awaiting decision. I had an "application complete" date like 5 days after my interview date that I see before I go into the "view application". Anyone else see that/is it a similar time frame?
I have the same time frame as you! Interviewed early (ish?) feb and had application complete date 13 days after my interview date

FYI y'all I'm waitlisted and I also see this tab after clicking on "View Application" from the mail portal page, so it probably doesn't mean anything!

+1 (have two of the tabs and waitlisted)

The AMCAS Choose your Medical School tool has Hopkins as an option I can select. No acceptance letter/email.

That’s weird, because they are supposed to tell AMCAS only after communicating the decision to you. Did you check your spam folder?
Nothing in spam. This also just showed up today, so they might be releasing decisions soon.

Decisions are on the portal - really disappointed with the R

Holy crap. Accepted. I feel like I'm hallucinating.

R , well I have enough schools to choose from anyway lol

R. I don't think I have ever been as disappointed.

Do people know the odds of getting in off the waitlist?

Also got the R... absolutely crushed I don't know what I could have done differently