2018-2019 Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i don't have high hopes for hopkins but do we know historically when they usually stop sending out IIs?
I can't give you an exact date but, for reference, I didn't get an II until the last week of January. There's still tons of time :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
I can't give you an exact date but, for reference, I didn't get an II until the last week of January. There's still tons of time :)
the faint ember of hope burns on

Reactions: 11 users
Hi all, sorry for the strange question, but I lost the link to the secondary app portal and can't find it anywhere in my history.
Could someone please link it to me if that's not against any rules?

Members don't see this ad :)
If i remember correctly they send out acceptances once in december and then again in february? I think you'd miss out on the first batch but shouldn't have any disadvantages since they probably have a balanced way of doing both.

@freedoctor17 can you tell me when your interview day/other people's interview days ended? the invite says plan on 5..trying to decide if i need to hire a dogwalker for the day or if i'll make it home in time (i live kinda nearby).

@freedoctor17 can you tell me when your interview day/other people's interview days ended? the invite says plan on 5..trying to decide if i need to hire a dogwalker for the day or if i'll make it home in time (i live kinda nearby).

Depends on your interview but mine ended more like 3:30 if I remember right. You sit in this room with other interviewees and then your interviewers just come and grab you. The student one only lasted like 20 to 30 minutes and then the faculty one was like 30 to 45 minutes. They don't have a set time for your interview though, they just grab you whenever they feel like it so it's kinda weird that way. I'm pretty sure most people were done by 4.

Reactions: 1 user
II yesterday - LM 75-76, IS, submitted 8/8, complete email 9/24. I am so shook and surprised by this!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
II just a bit ago! Couldn't be more excited. Submitted late July, complete email late August.

Reactions: 6 users
II this morning! Only late Jan and early Feb dates open. Looks like they are nearing the end of booking their interview cycle

II this morning! Only late Jan and early Feb dates open. Looks like they are nearing the end of booking their interview cycle

Are they only interviewing until February? :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone who interviewed here tell me about when their interview day ended? Was it actually 5 PM, or was it slightly earlier/later? Thank you!!!

When were you complete?

Anyone feel like JHU's cycle is going much faster this year? On the planeblue tracker it shows a reasonable amount of IIs going out December and January, but it seems like they may only have a few invites left this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone complete in October hear back?

For people who have interviewed in the past few months, did they say our decisions would be made by mid-December? I think I remember them saying on/by December 15th, but I'm not sure... Anyone know what day/time frame they said? Thanks :)

does hopkins do silent rejections? does anyone know how far they are in their interviewing cycle?

For people who have interviewed in the past few months, did they say our decisions would be made by mid-December? I think I remember them saying on/by December 15th, but I'm not sure... Anyone know what day/time frame they said? Thanks :)

Yep, from what I recall their first round of decisions is on 12/15!

Reactions: 1 users
Is there a place to upload a post-interview update, or do you just email it to the admissions email? Thanks guys :)

II invitation yesterday (11/27); file completion email mid-September; interview spots in early-mid February

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone who interviewed here early in the cycle remember what day in December we should hear back from them? I feel like it was December 15th but can't remember.

Does anyone who interviewed here early in the cycle remember what day in December we should hear back from them? I feel like it was December 15th but can't remember.

In the last two years, people heard back the second Tuesday of December. So, I think we will probably hear back dec 11

Reactions: 3 users
II just now! Only early-mid February dates available

Reactions: 4 users
II!!! In complete shock tbh complete mid-July.

just curious-for those who have already interviewed, if you log back into the portal, is there a date listed that's after your interview date on the "your application was complete on ____" line? (not the application submit date, but the complete line below it)? just wondering how close/far is that complete date relative to the interview date...maybe i'm reading too much significance into things :p

just curious-for those who have already interviewed, if you log back into the portal, is there a date listed that's after your interview date on the "your application was complete on ____" line? (not the application submit date, but the complete line below it)? just wondering how close/far is that complete date relative to the interview date...maybe i'm reading too much significance into things :p

Mine was 12 days after my interview

Anyone mind sharing the structure of the interview? Probably posted earlier as well-- apologize for repeating!

Anyone mind sharing the structure of the interview? Probably posted earlier as well-- apologize for repeating!

One open file faculty, one student one (the student knew some stuff about me but can't remember if it was totally open. They definitely at least had the personal statement). Pretty casual and conversational. The student interviewer did have a few behavioral questions they were required to ask like a challenge or difficulty you faced, stuff like that. But nothing out of the ordinary.

One open file faculty, one student one (the student knew some stuff about me but can't remember if it was totally open. They definitely at least had the personal statement). Pretty casual and conversational. The student interviewer did have a few behavioral questions they were required to ask like a challenge or difficulty you faced, stuff like that. But nothing out of the ordinary.
Hello! I am interviewing soon, would you mind sharing what was the interview day like besides the two interviews? The day seems super long so just curious what other activities there were besides the interviews and tours. Thank you!!

Does anyone know whether Hopkins is only giving out Acceptances in mid December, or will they be giving WL/Rs out too.

Sorry to spam this thread but does anyone know the post II acceptance rate? For some reason US news & world report’s website is being wonky and when I try to see the # of people interviewed and accepted from the bar graphs a random white bar keeps popping up and blocking the #s...

~40%

Sorry to spam this thread but does anyone know the post II acceptance rate? For some reason US news & world report’s website is being wonky and when I try to see the # of people interviewed and accepted from the bar graphs a random white bar keeps popping up and blocking the #s...
It's literally been doing that for weeks...

Oh well I haven’t looked at it in a long time I guess
Oh I wasn't blaming you for not knowing! I just meant that I had noticed it too, and I really wish they would just fix it already.

Hello! I am interviewing soon, would you mind sharing what was the interview day like besides the two interviews? The day seems super long so just curious what other activities there were besides the interviews and tours. Thank you!!

It's not as long as they list! Unless your interview is like the last time which would suck but i actually finished at like 3 pm since i had mine but back to back right at the beginning. Youll have a little talk at the beginning, go on a tour, eat lunch (interview day starts late at like 11 pm so you want lunch early in the interview day). Rest of the time you sit in the room you started off in and just talk with students and other med students. They are still technically evaluating you during that time so just be polite and have some friendly conversations with people until your interviewer comes out and grabs you.

It's not as long as they list! Unless your interview is like the last time which would suck but i actually finished at like 3 pm since i had mine but back to back right at the beginning. Youll have a little talk at the beginning, go on a tour, eat lunch (interview day starts late at like 11 pm so you want lunch early in the interview day). Rest of the time you sit in the room you started off in and just talk with students and other med students. They are still technically evaluating you during that time so just be polite and have some friendly conversations with people until your interviewer comes out and grabs you.
Thank you very much for the info!!

Mine says complete on the day after my interview. If I had to guess I think it’s likely when our interviewers submitted their comments/rating sheets or whatever from our interviews, since at that point our files would be totally “complete” and ready for final review by the admissions committee? Total conjecture and I literally just made up this explanation rn but i feel like it makes sense haha

Mine was marked complete 15 days after my interview (at around 3-4pm). I hope my interviewer didn't wait 2 weeks to submit my evaluation! :nailbiting:

What time of day was yours complete? Maybe the completion date/time represents when our application was last discussed at the committee meeting (or when the committee came to a final decision). I know it's not much use to read too much into these things but at least it might allow us to feel like we have a tiny bit of understanding over this chaotic process!

Today might be the day we hear back :xf:

The past two years had the first round of decisions go out on the second Tuesday of December... so it may be tomorrow!! :)

Oops for some reason i misread my calendar and though that it was on Monday ... And here i was about to wait in anticipation all day.

Wait so last year acceptances went out on a Tuesday, but the year before they went out on a Thursday (dec 8th), so they may or may not come out tomorrow? But I do think it will be this week because I have "by December 15th" written down in my notebook from my interview day

I also had that written down but I'm really hoping its tomorrow.

Good luck to anyone hearing back this week!
The next cycle is January, correct?

Well, in the event that tomorrow’s the day, I’m wishing everyone the best of luck :)

Just thought everyone should know: looking through past year's threads, first round of decisions for the past 3 years have all been the second Tuesday in December! Of course this doesn't mean we'll hear back tomorrow but good luck to everyone

2017-18: Dec 12
2016-17: Dec 13
2015-16: Dec 8

Reactions: 4 users