2018-2019 Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (Kansas City)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chizledfrmstone

Enjoying the finer things in life
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck to everyone applying this cycle!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
verified 5/24. Maryland resident.

undergrad: cGPA 3.19/sGPA 2.95
graduate (40 credits): cGPA 4.0/sGPA 4.0
overall: cGPA 3.39/sGPA 3.28

MCAT: 508 (126/124/129/129)

Verified 5/21

Good luck to everyone applying this cycle!

Members don't see this ad :)
Verified 6/11. Anxiously waiting for secondaries to drop, would love to go to this school.

Just a heads up-- Make sure you're all checking your spam folders during the cycle especially for KCU. A few people last cycle (including myself) received secondary/interview invites in their spam folder.

Reactions: 5 users
Just a heads up-- Make sure you're all checking your spam folders during the cycle especially for KCU. A few people last cycle (including myself) received secondary/interview invites in their spam folder.
Mine definitely landed in the spam folder, Glad I found it!

Wait, did you already receive a secondary for this year?
Talking about last years. I returned it, got an interview invite for 6 days later, attended it and was accepted a week later

No secondary yet, hoping it comes soon! Will be checking last year's threads for the prompts to start writing the secondaries

Reactions: 1 users
Did you guys answer the question in their prelim question about gpa/ Mcat scores? I might just put not applicable. What about campus selection?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all! I'm applying here, and I heard they have strict cut-offs for stats. I was wondering if anyone knew the cut-off for each subsection of the MCAT? I'm worried that my 124 in the CARS section might get me screened out lol

I got an interview and accepted with a cGPA lower.(3.17/3.29/515)

Waiting for secondary's!
3.82 cum / 3.76 sci 507 MCAT
Good luck all!

Hey all! Applying here this cycle. I visited the campus and really enjoyed it. I am also very excited about the new medical education center they are building!! I believe the C/O 2023 will be the first to use it! Anyway, I think we can only pre write 2 of their secondary essays. It looks like they have one that changes every year. Good luck everyone!

Someone will probably ask this eventually-- Mean MCAT score for this year's entering class (Class of 2022) is 505.

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone get a secondary yet? This is one of my top DO schools

Waiting for secondary's!
Good luck all!
Still waiting. This was my top pick.
TUNCOM might be a more favorable location for me.
RVU I also have family in Colorado
DMU may also be less stressful curriculum than KCU.

Still radio silence :poke:

Since I figured everyone was wondering...last year the secondary was sent out on July 24th

Reactions: 2 users
Got an email today saying they received primaries and will be evaluating for secondaries soon

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

No emails for me, im not too woried.

Should I be worried I am not receiving these emails.....

also second question... what were those questions about which campus is better on the primary application then? I thought those were the secondary questions.
I wouldn't worry. They haven't even started sending out secondaries yet.

Those werent the secondaries

I received the "application received" email yesterday. I submitted 6/5 and verified 6/11. Hoping for a secondary next week sometime!

It took me weeks to get a secondary last year and it landed in my spam folder.

Not sure I'm going to get through the screening --> 3.19cGPA, 3.11sGPA. Got a pretty good post-bacc, not sure they will overlook the sci/cum GPAs. Will wait and see :whistle:

It took me weeks to get a secondary last year and it landed in my spam folder.

Thanks for the input! Were you still able to get an interview and get accepted before December 14th? I only set aside $6K for the cycle and I'm already $2K in. My interview in a couple weeks will set me back another ~$800. Just trying to figure out this $2K deposit situation. Lol

Not sure I'm going to get through the screening --> 3.19cGPA, 3.11sGPA. Got a pretty good post-bacc, not sure they will overlook the sci/cum GPAs. Will wait and see :whistle:

I got through with a 3.0 cGPA - I had a 3.6 sGPA and 36 MCAT to make up for it. If you have a good post-bacc GPA and good MCAT to make them happy, you will be fine.

Waiting for secondary's!
Good luck all!

I really hope DO is a backup for you, and that you applied to plenty of MD schools.

Thanks for the input! Were you still able to get an interview and get accepted before December 14th? I only set aside $6K for the cycle and I'm already $2K in. My interview in a couple weeks will set me back another ~$800. Just trying to figure out this $2K deposit situation. Lol
I got a secondary in November, returned it, II less than a week later, interviewed Dec 7th, accepted Dec 15th. Only 1k is due, other half is march 1st.

I really hope DO is a backup for you, and that you applied to plenty of MD schools.
I have 25 MDs that im at the 75% percentile for GPA and 25% for MCAT. Vermont requires a committee letter so that makes 24. I can afford at least 20 secondarys plus my 7 DO schools.

I have 25 MDs that im at the 75% percentile for GPA and 25% for MCAT. Vermont requires a committee letter so that makes 24. I can afford at least 20 secondarys plus my 7 DO schools.
Ive also had pretty decent exposure to medicine and think im 80-90% sure on EM and 10-15% on gas. Should be fine for DO plus im willing to move for training.

Can someone please post the prompts for the secondaries?

Thanks!

Reactions: 3 users
How do they determine who gets secondaries and when? I have not gotten anything and don’t think I’d below any cut offs.

How do they determine who gets secondaries and when? I have not gotten anything and don’t think I’d below any cut offs.
Just be patient. KCUs stated cutoffs are 3.25 and 501. People get secondaries under that after they review

Just be patient. KCUs stated cutoffs are 3.25 and 501. People get secondaries under that after they review
Well I’m above that. Guess I’ll just shoot them an email. Thanks!

Do they have a history of sending out secondaries to people under the cutoff?? I'm a Kansas City resident with a c3.82 s3.91 but a 498 mcat (retaking August). I'm really hoping that 6 years as a combat medic in the army helps me out here.

Last edited:
Secondary received yesterday
Just realized i made this post in the wrong thread. No secondary yet for me, but i have gotten an email stating KCU is looking through applications for screening before extending ssecondaries

Reactions: 4 users
Do they have a history of sending out secondaries to people under the cutoff?? I'm a Kansas City resident with a c3.82 s3.91 but a 498 mcat (retaking August). I'm really hoping that 6 years as a combat medic in the army helps me out here.
^^^ I am wondering the same thing. Does anyone know by chance?

Sometimes I think people don't read other posts. :p

Reactions: 3 users