2018-2019 Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (Kansas City)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi guys,

So I am an accepted Canadian applicant and was wondering if an current Canadian students could advice me on financing for tuition. Any advice would be much appreciated!!
Did you just get your acceptance today?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys,

So I am an accepted Canadian applicant and was wondering if an current Canadian students could advice me on financing for tuition. Any advice would be much appreciated!!
Hey!

Check Scotiabank, RBC, CIBC and BMO, most will give you a $250k-300k line of credit with a cosigner. I know Scotiabank will send the school you are attending to HQ so they can determine if the loan will be given, but from what they told me most US medical schools get approved. If you are an Ontario resident, apply to OSAP and you will get around 15k per year too. I hope that helps!

!!!!!!!!! ACCEPTED !!!!!!!!! Joplin campus !!!!!!! Bless-up !!!!!!!!

Reactions: 12 users
Accepted! KC!
I honestly bombed this interview so I have no idea what happened.

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted to Joplin!!!! Interviewed 9/12. For those receiving decisions other than acceptances, keep your heads up! You can either let life wear you down or polish you up. You'll get in somewhere, hold the faith!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Interviewed 9/20 at KC campus!!! Dang it, I'm eating steak tonight! :laugh::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Reactions: 7 users
Sounds like they got through both second and third week of September for acceptances, hopefully they get to me within the next week (interviewed 9/27)

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted, Kansas City Campus! Interviewed 9/20. Stats below.

Accepted! Joplin Campus
Interviewed 9/12

ACCEPTED!!! Kansas City campus. Interviewed 9/12.
We getting turnt tonight!! Congratulations to my fellow accepted peeps

Reactions: 4 users
Rejected. My first one so far... it stings.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted to KC! Interviewed 9/20. :)

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted to KC! 9/20 interview.

Reactions: 5 users
Are there any current students I can message for questions? I’m legitimately conflicted about picking school.

Accepted at KC!!!!! :happy::headphone::soexcited:

Interviewed 9/20

Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations to all those accepted!!!

Do they do reviews of interviews on any specific dates of the month or days of the week? Like do they a set schedule for releasing decisions post interview? Or is it just 4-6 weeks after your interview

Congratulations to all those accepted!!!

Do they do reviews of interviews on any specific dates of the month or days of the week? Like do they a set schedule for releasing decisions post interview? Or is it just 4-6 weeks after your interview

They never specified so it's hard to say. My decision came out exactly 6 weeks after my interview and since it's getting to the middle part of the cycle i assume everyone else wait time will be similar due to the volume of apps they have to get through. I know it sucks but all we can do is try to wait patiently.

Question for any current students at the KC campus. I interviewed at Joplin so I don't know too much about the surrounding KC area so if you guys could answer a few questions I (and i'm sure my fellow acceptees) would really appreciate it.

1) do most students live in apartments or rent a house? and what does rent look like for both?
2) a few posts ago someone mentioned that the area surrounding the school is sketchy at night. so do most people live elsewhere and commute? what are some of the "good" communities that student's live in?

Reactions: 3 users
What happened? Can you list your stats? I am getting super nervous lol.
LM 63-65, which is pretty low for KCU. I'm not really sure, I thought my interview went 10x better than my last interview and I got in at that school. Pretty bummed, this was my top choice, but hopefully I can get in off the waitlist. I wouldn't be nervous though, your chances of getting in are like 70% post-interview I think someone said. haha idk what happened to me to be honest, I guess just stats..?

Filled out this application but didn't realize that a physician letter was a hard requirement so they've been emailing to complete that part for the past 2 months. Same with CCOM and Western. Thought I'd be able to secure a letter by this point but its looking like that won't happen.

Will update the school soon about the situation and just take the L.

II just now!!!

What time is the interview usually over at if I schedule it at 10am, so I can book my return flight.

II just now!!!

What time is the interview usually over at if I schedule it at 10am, so I can book my return flight.
Congrats! Mine ended around 3:30. I had to stay an extra night and leave the following morning. Great opportunity to see the area a little more though

I just got an interview invite!!! who happy! Anyways, does it matter which campus I interview in? In the email they mention that "The campus location where you interview will not affect your decision," but I am not sure to what extent that is true.. Also, I live about 12 hours away from either campus, so i'm indifferent to where to interview. I wanted to make sure the final decision making isn't affected though.

I just got an interview invite!!! who happy! Anyways, does it matter which campus I interview in? In the email they mention that "The campus location where you interview will not affect your decision," but I am not sure to what extent that is true.. Also, I live about 12 hours away from either campus, so i'm indifferent to where to interview. I wanted to make sure the final decision making isn't affected though.
It has no effect at all trust me

It has no effect at all trust me
Awesome. Thanks for the quick answer! haha... Do you have any tips for the interview day? I know a lot of people have been saying "just be yourself, don't lie" etc... But as far as content and such, is there anything that can be said? I am an international student so any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Awesome. Thanks for the quick answer! haha... Do you have any tips for the interview day? I know a lot of people have been saying "just be yourself, don't lie" etc... But as far as content and such, is there anything that can be said? I am an international student so any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Same advice dont bs be yourself

II today! Does it affect your chances if you choose an earlier or month away interview date?

II today! Does it affect your chances if you choose an earlier or month away interview date?
Interview date wont really be a consideration until Jan/Feb

Could a current Canadian applicant please help guide me in terms of bursaries and scholarships to obtain. I tried to go to the bank today and it seems that scoitabank is not receptive to larger credit lines for osteopathic medicine. Will try other banks this weekend.

Every time I tell someone that I have/went to an interview at KCU they say “Oh KU med is a great school”, and then still don’t understand that it’s not the same school after I try and explain it. I don’t really have a question just wondering if this has been happening to other people because I’m a little annoyed at this point haha