fldoctorgirl

M1 transplanted from the beach to the midwest
2+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2017
Status
Medical Student
Literally what I'm worried about! My fee for ARCOM is due on December 14th, which is ironically the day that KCU should let the 11/15 interviewee's know!
It's worth it in the end! It sucks to lose money but I was more excited about my acceptance to worry about it :)

Aug 9, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Literally what I'm worried about! My fee for ARCOM is due on December 14th, which is ironically the day that KCU should let the 11/15 interviewee's know!

They told you 4 weeks? I interviewed on 10/30 and they said it would be a minimum of 6 weeks because of the holidays. Hmm...

Reactions: BobbyKoch
Jul 21, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
They told you 4 weeks? I interviewed on 10/30 and they said it would be a minimum of 6 weeks because of the holidays. Hmm...
They said 4-6, but when I asked t
Yea, I think KCU is 6 weeks standard.
When I asked they said they will try to get out the results for the 11/15 interviewee's around the 4-week mark. Looking back on last year's thread they did something similar for those that interviewed mid-late November / early December.

Reactions: VikMed1790
Aug 9, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Man... looks like everyone who got accepted post II all have pretty high LM. Mine is 62, interviewed 10/30. The anxiety is pretty real right now, hopefully they look heavily at my interview which I think I did great.
Hey we interviewed the same day! I was in the "afternoon" group. Is this your top choice for school?

asnontraditionalasitgets

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
2+ Year Member
May 4, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Man... looks like everyone who got accepted post II all have pretty high LM. Mine is 62, interviewed 10/30. The anxiety is pretty real right now, hopefully they look heavily at my interview which I think I did great.
I interviewed 10/18 and got accepted. I do not have a high LM. Just relax and realize you did everything you can up to this point. Many people are still without interviews. You should feel great about getting an interview—especially with KCU’s rumored acceptance rate post-interview. Hope you hear good news.

Jesslalala03

2+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey we interviewed the same day! I was in the "afternoon" group. Is this your top choice for school?
Heyyy, I was in afternoon group as well. And yes it is my #1 choice, love the campus, the city, the staff and students, everything. Just hope they can over look kinda low stat but since they offered me an interview that means they are happy with my stat right?

Aug 9, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Heyyy, I was in afternoon group as well. And yes it is my #1 choice, love the campus, the city, the staff and students, everything. Just hope they can over look kinda low stat but since they offered me an interview that means they are happy with my stat right?

I would listen to asnontraditionalasitgets, you got the interview so they must like you on paper. If you did well on interview day, then I'd say you're set!

Reactions: Jesslalala03

Jesslalala03

2+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I interviewed 10/18 and got accepted. I do not have a high LM. Just relax and realize you did everything you can up to this point. Many people are still without interviews. You should feel great about getting an interview especially with KCU’s rumored acceptance rate post-interview. Hope you hear good news.
Congratulations on your acceptance, and thank you for the kind encouragements !!!

Jun 30, 2018
Lizzym of 68 and still silent post interview. Guess I’ll look forward to Tuesday :(

Nov 26, 2018
I interviewed 10/18 and got accepted. I do not have a high LM. Just relax and realize you did everything you can up to this point. Many people are still without interviews. You should feel great about getting an interview—especially with KCU’s rumored acceptance rate post-interview. Hope you hear good news.
If you don't mind me asking, what was your LM score? Mine is a 63 and am afraid I will get waitlisted or rejected post interview. Congrats on the acceptance!

PlzHalp

2+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Can any students recommend places/avenues to look for housing in KC? Recently got accepted and am looking at some of the apartments/homes for rent and would prefer something pet-friendly. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2018
Texas
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
If you don't mind me asking, what was your LM score? Mine is a 63 and am afraid I will get waitlisted or rejected post interview. Congrats on the acceptance!
I had a LM of 62 and got accepted to Joplin Campus. Just went into my interview confident and tried to be personable. I guess it worked because my stats did not have much to say for me. Good luck to you!

fldoctorgirl

M1 transplanted from the beach to the midwest
2+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2017
Status
Medical Student
Can any students recommend places/avenues to look for housing in KC? Recently got accepted and am looking at some of the apartments/homes for rent and would prefer something pet-friendly. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
People live all over, depends on your budget and what's important for you. Lots of people with families live in the suburbs (south of KC, Overland Park area). I wouldn't recommend this unless you have a family cause it's pretty far. Another big chunk of people live north of the river (Gladstone, North KC area) because it tends to be cheaper than living downtown and is only a 10 minute drive. Then you have people who live downtown or in the Plaza area, which is nice if you like the city vibe but will cost you more for less.

Incursio

2+ Year Member
May 14, 2015
II today!
Set campus preference to KC
From what I can see there's only availability on 12/4 or 12/6, dont mean to sound ungrateful or anything, but does anyone know what to do to see if there would be another day available?
I have finals on both 12/5 and 12/6 and I am pretty certain my Professors are not willing to budge on the date of the exam.

Incursio

2+ Year Member
May 14, 2015
Also received II for today for both 12/4 and 12/6. Chose 12/6. I'm assuming this might be some of their last interviews but not sure Incursio!
Hey congrats on the II, for now I scheduled mine on 12/6, but unless someone has any other advice, I am thinking of calling the office tomorrow morning to see if they would be willing to offer me another day.

Nov 21, 2018
II today!
Set campus preference to KC
From what I can see there's only availability on 12/4 or 12/6, dont mean to sound ungrateful or anything, but does anyone know what to do to see if there would be another day available?
I have finals on both 12/5 and 12/6 and I am pretty certain my Professors are not willing to budge on the date of the exam.
Congratulations! Mind sharing the date you were complete?

I was complete 11/8 and haven’t heard anything yet. I know they say 6 weeks, just curious if anyone has heard before then?

Incursio

2+ Year Member
May 14, 2015
Congratulations! Mind sharing the date you were complete?

I was complete 11/8 and haven’t heard anything yet. I know they say 6 weeks, just curious if anyone has heard before then?
Thank you! For me it was definitely more than 6 weeks, so don't worry if you haven't heard anything yet. I got the complete email the week of 10/1, but had my secondary in before that.

Also considering Thanksgiving was just last week, and the holidays are coming up I would say give it another month or so.

Jun 17, 2018
when I put my ID, it doesn't let me type all my info in order to pay the acceptance fee. Anyone else having this problem?

Aug 9, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Is there a separate application for the MBA program once we are accepted? When and where are the classes? Is it online? Does it conflict with DO program at all?

Jumping in, but they explain all of this on interview day. You basically try and make time for it in the summer so that it doesn’t get in the way of the DO program.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: dustars

BellaWriterChic

2+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Jumping in, but they explain all of this on interview day. You basically try and make time for it in the summer so that it doesn’t get in the way of the DO program.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Not sure who said that but that isn't the schedule I'm looking at. I am starting in January with the MBA. They try to be flexible with regards to the DO classes and have some components online. Class is in the evening if there is an in person thing and work around exam schedules.

Sent from my SM-G892A using SDN mobile

gingerhulking

2+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
My LM was 63, you got this! I had a big upswing because I f'd up from 2008-2012. Don't worry, you're gonna kill it!

Magus5454

MS1 C/O 2022
2+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2015
Arkansas
Status
Medical Student
Is there a separate application for the MBA program once we are accepted? When and where are the classes? Is it online? Does it conflict with DO program at all?
Yes. At whatever campus you go to and some online. And no. But its expensive ( close to 40k)