2018-2019 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Bradenton, Florida)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If anyone withdraws their app and cancels their II can you PM me or let us know. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Any other acceptance or rejection calls today?

Members don't see this ad :)
28ish people getting accepted in this thread so far
Still leaves a lot of seats open. But I am sure there are people who were accepted but just didn't post it.

There’s about 20 of us from the smp alone that have been accepted so far.
That are going into the med school in the fall or the smp in the fall? I thought I counted the people who said are accepted to the med school for the fall

That are going into the med school in the fall or the smp in the fall? I thought I counted the people who said are accepted to the med school for the fall

20 students from the smp have been accepted to go into the 2023 medical school class.

I know its unlikely but if anyone is in town for the Bradenton interview tomorrow, reply to this post if you want to hang out or get some food.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone tried sending in an update on experiences through email? How long did it take for them to reply?

How many people are still waiting to hear back and how long have you been waiting?

How many people are still waiting to hear back and how long have you been waiting?

I haven’t heard anything since I submitted my secondary mid September... (not sure if you’re talking about pre-ii though)

I haven’t heard anything since I submitted my secondary mid September... (not sure if you’re talking about pre-ii though)
Pre or post, doesn't matter, got tired of refreshing the portal so I came here to stir up a conversation

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted my secondary in October and haven’t heard anything back yet.
Pre or post, doesn't matter, got tired of refreshing the portal so I came here to stir up a conversation
It's only been 10 days since my secondary has been processed but, my stress has gone through the roof because of how late I was with my application and literally average stats

It's only been 10 days since my secondary has been processed but, my stress has gone through the roof because of how late I was with my application and literally average stats

Same with the average stats :( this app cycle has truly been a nightmare!

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted everything in July. Haven't even heard of interview yet . They said "we've made a decision , we will notify you within 30 days " on my portal, though. It's been way over 30 days and I have not received anything... Confused lol

I submitted everything in July. Haven't even heard of interview yet . They said "we've made a decision , we will notify you within 30 days " on my portal, though. It's been way over 30 days and I have not received anything... Confused lol
You should try calling them

Anyone that got accepted via phone call last week received their acceptance letter in the mail yet? Haven’t gotten it yet and would like to pay the deposit ASAP

Reactions: 1 user
To those still considering the schools, and to others who would like to use this as context for future application cycles, here are my typed out thoughts regarding the interview day (for me 02/22/2019):

I liked the program more than I thought I would. They kept us from 7:45am-2:15pm with a lunch provided in the middle. Here are my main take aways from the experience:

-LECOM-B values student professionalism above all (professional attire while in PBL sessions and no food/drink outside of cafeteria policy)
-Only need to be on campus for PBL sessions 2-3 times a week. With the anatomy course during 1st year and OPP (osteopathic principles and practice) throughout years 1&2, it seems like total required time physically on campus is lower than most other DO schools.
-Consequently, students are expected to study on their own and show up for PBL sessions prepared. 8 hours of study (average for med students per day roughly) is expected to take place individually or with groups outside of class.
-Facility is nice and secure. Guards are very strict about their policies and who can come in.
-At the end of the day the director of student affairs gave a novel and candid presentation outlining the fact that LECOM-B understands what students are ultimately there for (better board scores and quality residency placements). He went on to note that last year 61% of graduates went into primary care, which is lower than other osteopathic schools. The idea here is that more students are successfully matching into non-primary care (i.e. the higher paying on average) specialties.
-Importantly, the default locations regarding third year rotations (as of my interview) are mainly in the Northeast. While slots remain open in the state of Florida, these are bureaucratically more complicated to secure/ensure because of Florida "laws". Also the sites in the Northeast have had longer time to coordinate this stuff with the mother institution in Erie.
-There is a rank system they use to determine rotations. This factors in personal things like family/spouse in the area as well as academic performance (i.e. grades). You stay in one "region" for year 3, but may move to various sites within that region.
-Second year student gave us the input that there are more elective opportunities as this schools holds more slots for audition rotations compared to other schools.
-SGA funded through fees students pay. Nearly all of it (fees from each student make a $40,000 pool) goes to the second years for activities.
-Committee meets on Tuesdays to discuss applicants and the turn around is 2-3 weeks post interview to receive a possible phone call. This may or not be a decision. The student affairs guy said they may call to "get more information".

I have seen few positive posts about this school here on SDN. People seem to consider it "bare bones" when it comes to what students get. While it is true that this school won't be conducive to those that require discipline and structure, I think it shines for those that really have their stuff together already. I was ultimately enticed by indebtedness of this schools graduates compared to the private osteopathic average. That figure comes to around $67K - no small amount of money. Less debt, and fewer BS required curriculum? Sounds like a good idea to me.

This isn't all that I took away, so please feel free to message me with for more info. I understand some of this may have been posted previously in this thread, but I figured I would make a quick reference for anyone that doesn't want to sift through the records.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
anyone know if there are interview dates in april?

Anyone that got accepted via phone call last week received their acceptance letter in the mail yet? Haven’t gotten it yet and would like to pay the deposit ASAP
Hi! When I asked them they said it would take up to 14 business days :) I'm anxiously waiting too so I can put a deposit down ( was accepted 2/19), but I don't think you have anything to worry about!

In regards to my LOR for my interview, if I already uploaded them to AACOMAS will this work? I thought about calling just to confirm that they are accepted before I interview.

In regards to my LOR for my interview, if I already uploaded them to AACOMAS will this work? I thought about calling just to confirm that they are accepted before I interview.
Letters are required only if you are invited to interview! I'm sure if they were received by AACOMAS, then you'll be fine.

Letters are required only if you are invited to interview! I'm sure if they were received by AACOMAS, then you'll be fine.
Thanks but I have received an interview.

May have missed this in a previous post, but are there any current LECOM Bradenton students out there on the blog willing to answer questions about what LECOM is like?

Does anyone know the last day for an interview?

I interviewed this month and when I signed up it looked like only 1 interview day a week - Fridays. There may have been one week with a Thursday and Friday but I think it was 1 per week for the most part.
Thanks, I have one more question how many applicants are interviewed per day?

If anyone sees this before signing up for an interview, could you please let us know what days are available? Thanks in advance

I interviewed on 2/1 and am still waiting to hear back, does this school accept/like Letters of interest? Really loved the school and the PBL and am hoping this can be my first acceptance

I interviewed on 2/1 and am still waiting to hear back, does this school accept/like Letters of interest? Really loved the school and the PBL and am hoping this can be my first acceptance

I sent a letter of interest a few weeks after I interviewed and I was accepted the following Friday

I have an interview on 4/5, does anyone think its worth going to? I really don't want to travel from NY to there to get a last place spot on the wait list lol

If anyone sees this before signing up for an interview, could you please let us know what days are available? Thanks in advance

Received the II today and picked the April 5th date. It seems like the had interview dates each Friday for April.

Good luck everyone!

I have an interview on 4/5, does anyone think its worth going to? I really don't want to travel from NY to there to get a last place spot on the wait list lol
I have I just received an II and its scheduled for 4/5 as well. Does anyone know the chances of getting in with an April Interview? I am a FL resident and don't live too far so travel is not a concern.