2018-2019 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dead silence from LECOM Erie (complete 7/18) and Bradenton (7/11) over here with a 3.6+/512. Do they do silent rejections?
I submitted to Erie around the same time you did and no updates. I called them and they said my application was still under review. So I don't think they do silent rejections, but I could be wrong?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just checked in to the Days Inn in Wyndham, Erie. The person at the front desk said there are a few people here for the interview tomorrow. If anyone wants to share an uber to the LECOM in the morning or airport after let me know!

I just checked in to the Days Inn in Wyndham, Erie. The person at the front desk said there are a few people here for the interview tomorrow. If anyone wants to share an uber to the LECOM in the morning or airport after let me know!

Hey! i'm not staying at your same hotel, but I would love to share an uber/lyft to the airport after our interview tomorrow!

Hi med 2118 and EvergratefulEvertrue, I'm staying at the Motel 6 next to your Days Inn, would you like to share the uber/lyft with me to the interview tomorrow?

II today. Submitted "secondary" 8/31. Complete 9/4. Interviewing 11/2.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
II today, complete 8/28!

Does anyone know if we have to send our SAT and ACT scores? I was looking at sending my SAT and it was $41 because it was considered an "archived" test.

I just saw this too and was wondering what we're supposed to do... like is it really necessary to send these scores pre-interview?

II today, complete 8/28!

I just saw this too and was wondering what we're supposed to do... like is it really necessary to send these scores pre-interview?
I thought that was only for students who aren’t sending in mcat scores?

Just finished my interview at LECOM-e if anyone has some quick questions!

It was a good experience but WAYY to quick. It was “closed application” so nobody knew who you were and you had to explain your whole story in a quick group interview then a [very] short individual interview.

I found myself trying to smash ALL my application into a short story, hurt me if anything.

Anyone interviewing October 19th??? !

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you guys send in anything other than your supplemental and pay the fee before the interview invite? I submitted my supplemental for both Erie and Bradenton on 7/23 and haven't heard anything from them which worries me. On my portal is just states that my app is under review. Was the interview invite by email or phone call?

Stats: MCAT 506 (125/127/126/128) cGPA 3.49 sGPA 3.38

Did you guys send in anything other than your supplemental and pay the fee before the interview invite? I submitted my supplemental for both Erie and Bradenton on 7/23 and haven't heard anything from them which worries me. On my portal is just states that my app is under review. Was the interview invite by email or phone call?

Stats: MCAT 506 (125/127/126/128) cGPA 3.49 sGPA 3.38

Many of us have been under review with similar or higher stats for > 2 months, no one really knows what LECOM is doing atm.

Reactions: 1 users
June 28: LECOM processed my secondary application. On their portal: "your application is under review".
September 15: NOTHING!

I see people already interviewed. Come on LECOM!

Reactions: 3 users
Can any current/former LECOM-SH students talk about how like/liked the program? Do you feel the clinical years prepare you well to "do" stuff or did you feel like all you did during rotations was shadow and menial work?

Can any current/former LECOM-SH students talk about how like/liked the program? Do you feel the clinical years prepare you well to "do" stuff or did you feel like all you did during rotations was shadow and menial work?
Doesn't that depend on the rotation site, and not the school itself?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

Doesn't that depend on the rotation site, and not the school itself?

Clerkships are set up by the school though... The school knows the quality of their clerkships through student feedback. If they keep placing students in sites with preceptors that suck that says a lot about the school! You pay the $$$ to the school years 3 & 4, so yes it’s on the school to provide sites that assure your competence.

Clerkships are set up by the school though... The school knows the quality of their clerkships through student feedback. If they keep placing students in sites with preceptors that suck that says a lot about the school! You pay the $$$ to the school years 3 & 4, so yes it’s on the school to provide sites that assure your competence.
Right but I thought it was variable even between clinicians and floors/departments. I'm not sure the school has that much power and can micromanage that much as it's probably changing all the time.

Part of me wants to unsubscribe from these pointless emails about #askLECOM, but then I think... what if they send me an II from this address? ... so I guess that I’ll suffer through these constant false alarms :(

Reactions: 5 users
Part of me wants to unsubscribe from these pointless emails about #askLECOM, but then I think... what if they send me an II from this address? ... so I guess that I’ll suffer through these constant false alarms :(

Totally. I think every email is an acceptance.

Reactions: 2 users
My GPA stats are high. AIS is on the low end. I am a registered nurse. Submitted secondary late August. I pray this goes through!

Guuuurl! I thought the same thing!

Got a secondary today and completed today. Crossing my fingers for this school

I sent my secondary on 8/29, and I've been under review since then. I can see that there are ppl here who submitted after and already got II (which I'm happy for them), but I wonder if those of us still waiting for II are just going to get a silent rejection :(

I sent my secondary on 8/29, and I've been under review since then. I can see that there are ppl here who submitted after and already got II (which I'm happy for them), but I wonder if those of us still waiting for II are just going to get a silent rejection :(
There's a portal so I doubt the do silent rejections. You'd find out on the portal I'm going on 8 weeks, you need to settle down and be patient. You may get an interview in January, ya never know until you've been rejected.

Did anyone here apply to the PA to DO bridge? My secondary was processed on 8/13, and I haven’t heard anything. The APAP coordinator emailed me a week after and said they have my application. Still says “under review” on the portal like a lot of you. Felt like I was fairly competitive candidate with my GPA and AIS and kind of discouraged to not hear back yet. Anyway, good luck to everyone.

Did anyone here apply to the PA to DO bridge? My secondary was processed on 8/13, and I haven’t heard anything. The APAP coordinator emailed me a week after and said they have my application. Still says “under review” on the portal like a lot of you. Felt like I was fairly competitive candidate with my GPA and AIS and kind of discouraged to not hear back yet. Anyway, good luck to everyone.
I have been complete since July and she emailed me a few weeks ago to ask some questions. I am a reapplicant, I applied 2 years ago using AIS and was waitlisted after interview. This time with MCAT. They have changed their coordinators. Last time I interviewed in August so I am not sure if they are just behind.

PA here applying to the 3 year APAP program. Just submitted my secondary today. Hoping I'm reasonably competitive.

Overall GPA 3.63
AIS 117
PANCE 614
9 months experience working both hospital and family medicine
6 LORs from medical providers including a DO

But we will see. Last year I heard there were only 60 PA applicants for the 12 dedicated spots, which gave me hope. But now now I'm thinking PA's usually have really good undergraduate statistics to be accepted to PA school, so I am starting to reconsider my optimism.

PA here as well that applied last year without an MCAT and was silent rejected. This year, I took the MCAT (505) and applied early (late May) and was in the first interview group July 20th. I signed up for early decision September 30th so I should know pretty soon if I'm in. I've also had several other interviews at other schools (including Texas public medical schools) so it will be tough to decide what I'll do.

There's a portal so I doubt the do silent rejections. You'd find out on the portal I'm going on 8 weeks, you need to settle down and be patient. You may get an interview in January, ya never know until you've been rejected.

can confirm, was silently rejected last year. "under review" for 11 months or so. it actually says something about this in their FAQ I believe...if you don't hear from us you've been passed over.

I have been complete since July and she emailed me a few weeks ago to ask some questions. I am a reapplicant, I applied 2 years ago using AIS and was waitlisted after interview. This time with MCAT. They have changed their coordinators. Last time I interviewed in August so I am not sure if they are just behind.
Could you speak to the process and how it worked applying with the AIS? Did you apply early decision or regular decision? If they interviewed you so early I would have assumed you were a competitive applicant, right?

So for those of us who interviewed last month and signed up for the "earlier decision", could we potentially hear back next week? I forget if the date was the 24th or the 30th that the decisions will be made.

So for those of us who interviewed last month and signed up for the "earlier decision", could we potentially hear back next week? I forget if the date was the 24th or the 30th that the decisions will be made.

You'd have to call. I would recommend it if you are unsure.

The date was September 30th. It was not clear whether we might find out sooner than that.

Sent from my SM-G892A using SDN mobile

Previous years no decisions came until 1st week of October. The decisions are mailed on or after September 30th and there is no other way to know besides waiting for snail mail.

Thanks, everyone! Not super pumped that they still do snail mail but it is what it is!

Does anyone know if interviewing early (July/August) and choosing Early Decision helps? Or if we got an interview that early do we have a good shot at getting an acceptance?

Hey guys,

I applied late June and haven't heard back... Is that bad?

Seems like this school has lots of perks! What do you guys like and dislike about this school?? :)

Previous years no decisions came until 1st week of October. The decisions are mailed on or after September 30th and there is no other way to know besides waiting for snail mail.
Wouldn't it update on the portal via the admissions status? I would think this would change to an acceptance status.

Wouldn't it update on the portal via the admissions status? I would think this would change to an acceptance status.

Reading previous year threads, this isn’t what happened. Would make sense, but not what usually happens. The portal stays the same for a while after acceptance and you won’t find out until the first week of October when the decision arrives in the mail. Annoying but it is what it is.

II for 11/19. Lol, pushed the date back so I can potentially cancel if I get an acceptance from other interviews in state.