2018-2019 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received the letter on Friday and opened it yesterday. Accepted at Seton Hill! Interviewed on 9/11. It is weird, I was never notified of a portal update. I am so grateful for the chance to attend medical school close to home which is why I opted for early decision. That and my only other interview so far was an MD school that won't notify me until January 31st. Congrats to the others that were accepted!

I think there is still time. I remember a DO ADCOM stating that some people apply as late as Thanksgiving and that the DO cycle is longer (so that they interview earlier and later than MD schools).

Was there an update to your portal or you just got a letter?

Members don't see this ad.

Who else interviewed august and applied ED with no change in the portal?

I had my status changed to: they have made a decision and will send you a letter in 14 days a couple days ago. I have yet to get a letter. Probably was because the post office was closed on Sunday.
When did you have it changed?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my letter, waitlisted. does anyone know the odds of jumping off that list this early in the cycle?

Last edited:
Just applied to this school ! Hoping to get secondary soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if alternate list is the same as waitlist?

This is so weird, I got an email inviting me to do a secondary and when I login and click the blue admissions tab, there isn't a link that says Applicant D.O. - Erie like the email says there should be...

This is so weird, I got an email inviting me to do a secondary and when I login and click the blue admissions tab, there isn't a link that says Applicant D.O. - Erie like the email says there should be...
It’s there, you gotta dig.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! APAP at Seton Hill. Interviewed July 20.

Anyone else accepted into the lecture discussion pathway at the Erie campus?

Quick question. When do you declare which pathway you want when you apply to the Erie campus? Thanks

After you interview (either at SH or Erie) you get a sheet that lets you rank all the pathways and which campus. SH only does PBL and Erie offers a few more.

Hello everyone, I received the letter this week and I was placed as an alternate :(. What are my chances of getting off the waitlist? Does someone know when I would hear back about any decision?

Thanks and congratulations to all of you that were accepted.

Hello everyone, I received the letter this week and I was placed as an alternate :(. What are my chances of getting off the waitlist? Does someone know when I would hear back about any decision?

Thanks and congratulations to all of you that were accepted.
I’ve been looking all around. I’m in the same boat. I have yet to see a rejection from other LECOM hopefuls , so me, personally, is taking this as a soft rejection. I read threads from earlier and noticed some people waitlist about this time and not hearing anything past May. THAT BEING SAID. This is a very very very small sample size and I’m sure things move a little quicker than SDN makes it seem. Tell them you have continued interest and keep building your resume.

Last edited:
I just got a letter yesterday. I interviewed on Sept 7. I was classified as an alternate - "Alternates may be notified of acceptance through third week in July." They gave a separate sheet of paper asking us to confirm that we would like to be placed on the alternate list.

II this morning to Seton Hill (my priority choice). Anyone know the post-interview acceptance rate?

What are your (those who are accepted or interviewed) stats like? I have been under review since 7/30 and haven't heard anything. I have 3.6 gpa and 510 on mcat. I have been super anxious. Waiting isn't fun.........

When were you complete?

I was complete around 8/13 (at least that is when I got the "LECOM Erie has processed your supplemental application") email. My stats are a 3.46 GPA and 507-512 MCAT, though my MCAT did not come in until 8/20 and so I initially sent in my AIS, which was a 123.

But now I'm wondering if I made it to this stage what the interview is like and what the post-interview acceptance rate is.

Last edited:
I was complete around 8/13 (at least that is when I got the "LECOM Erie has processed your supplemental application") email. My stats are a 3.46 GPA and 507-512 MCAT, though my MCAT did not come in until 8/20 and so I initially sent in my AIS, which was a 123.

But now I'm wondering if I made it to this stage what the interview is like and what the post-interview acceptance rate is.
Hey Congrats! I believe you will do great. There are people that have interviewed here so why don't you shoot them an email?

So what is AIS again?

This is your academic index score. Basically, LECOM takes your SAT and/or ACT scores with GPA and crunches the numbers with some algorithm to produce an AIS. You can then use your AIS to apply instead of MCAT if your MCAT isn't strong. The average interviewee has around a 110-112 AIS I believe with the averaged accepted being around a 118 maybe? I spoke with them a while ago about those numbers so I am not sure if I remember 100%. In any case, you can compute your AIS here.

This is your academic index score. Basically, LECOM takes your SAT and/or ACT scores with GPA and crunches the numbers with some algorithm to produce an AIS. You can then use your AIS to apply instead of MCAT if your MCAT isn't strong. The average interviewee has around a 110-112 AIS I believe with the averaged accepted being around a 118 maybe? I spoke with them a while ago about those numbers so I am not sure if I remember 100%. In any case, you can compute your AIS here.
Thank you so much for the detailed answer. This is really helpful. My ACT was like 18 (taken a few month after moving to the U.S.) and the minimum I can enter is 20 so currently laughing at myself :laugh:

Ok this will probably sound like a silly question, but what kind of envelope did acceptances come in. Looking for clues because it’s killing me. I am stuck traveling for a while and have a mail hold placed. USPS sent me a picture of all the mail that has arrived, and there is a letter from LECOM. What kind of envelope did you guys receive who were accepted/ waitlisted/ etc.? Thanks all!

Reactions: 2 users
I got an interview today! I’m so excited! This is my top choice school.

I got an interview today! I’m so excited! This is my top choice school.

Good luck! It was a decent interview experience here, except they were fairly disorganized in terms of the schedule and who we were speaking with the day I attended. So I hope it will be golden for you! haha

Good luck! It was a decent interview experience here, except they were fairly disorganized in terms of the schedule and who we were speaking with the day I attended. So I hope it will be golden for you! haha

Sorry you felt that way! I interviewed there last cycle and had a lovely experience. I’m hoping for the same this time.

Could any current/former LECOM-Erie student(s) elaborate on their experience with the Direct Study Pathway, and their likes/dislikes? Who else applying 2018-2019 ranked DSP as their top choice and was placed on this learning pathway?

What's the deal with this school? I've gotten an II from every other DO school I applied to an have heard nothing from this school, I have been complete for over three months!

Ok this will probably sound like a silly question, but what kind of envelope did acceptances come in. Looking for clues because it’s killing me. I am stuck traveling for a while and have a mail hold placed. USPS sent me a picture of all the mail that has arrived, and there is a letter from LECOM. What kind of envelope did you guys receive who were accepted/ waitlisted/ etc.? Thanks all!

My acceptance came in a small envelope and had about four sheets of paper in it. The price of shipping was 43 cents, if you are able to see that in the picture. Lol

Hey, so I submitted my application in June (primary and secondary) and haven’t heard anything back. Is that normal?

Hey, so I submitted my application in June (primary and secondary) and haven’t heard anything back. Is that normal?

unfortunately it is. there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for who gets interviews when. I know some people who submitted after me who are being interviewed before me, and I know people who submitted before me but still haven't heard back. We all have similar stats and all live in NY, nothing crazy enough to suggest why some would have heard back and not others.

Thank you so much for the detailed answer. This is really helpful. My ACT was like 18 (taken a few month after moving to the U.S.) and the minimum I can enter is 20 so currently laughing at myself :laugh:
Act is 2nd tier test.

Way less data. This is a revised opinion compared to what I would have said.

Anyone know when non-ED applicants will hear back regarding a decision? Interviewed at Seton Hill in late September.