2018-2019 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got waitlisted here. Does anyone know how many they put on waitlist? Like does everyone who gets an interview get put on a waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my secondary 10/06 and cant find anywhere if they received it or not. My portal does not have any info whether or not my secondary is complete it has the link as the first time i logged in to submit the secondary. However i paid and submitted it on 10/06. I called the admissions office they told me that they havent received it and connected me with the IT Office and they told me that it has been received but they have not reviewed it yet. Any thoughts on this? Should i be worried ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My acceptance came in a small envelope and had about four sheets of paper in it. The price of shipping was 43 cents, if you are able to see that in the picture. Lol
Ha! Thank you :) that’s the picture I got so at least a yes is not out!

Hey has anyone received and interview with a sub-500 Mcat score ?

Can anyone who has interviewed offer what their experience was like and how best to prepare for the interview? Mine is on 11/16 and I want to make sure to do well. Thanks to anyone that responds!

Can anyone who has interviewed offer what their experience was like and how best to prepare for the interview? Mine is on 11/16 and I want to make sure to do well. Thanks to anyone that responds!

I interviewed yesterday and it was very low stress. A quick summary of the day, I arrived and parked at 7:45 and was in the second batch of students to arrive. You go through a metal detector with an armed security guard and make sure to bring your ID, I would bring a notebook or padfolio with you. When 6-8 of us would accumulate they would bring us upstairs to a larger room which would eventually hold 30-40 students and was the site of the presentation of an overview of the school, they provided water/coffee there as well. The presentation was from 8-9ish, then they started the group interview process with about 5 groups of 6-7 students and 2 facilitators.

The group interview lasts about 45 minutes or so and starts with each person of the group introducing themselves. After this they offer up a scenario and ask what they think we should do and the group works through it to come up with an answer. Theres no right or wrong answer they want to see that you're not shy to comment, dominating the conversation, and your views and answers aren't too extreme. For preparation i would look through mock medical interview scenarios and just come up with some practice answers, I liked the group interview style for these because you could build off each other, it was definitely a collaborative effort.

After the group interview there's another presentation and a Q&A with an administrator while about 5 individuals at a time are pulled from the room to complete a 2 on 1 interview that lasts a maximum of 10 minutes and they ask individualized questions (still closed file). After this is financial aid presentation, quick tour, then lunch with option of sitting with current students and an optional tour of wellness center. Overall lasts till about 1pm.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed yesterday and it was very low stress. A quick summary of the day, I arrived and parked at 7:45 and was in the second batch of students to arrive. You go through a metal detector with an armed security guard and make sure to bring your ID, I would bring a notebook or padfolio with you. When 6-8 of us would accumulate they would bring us upstairs to a larger room which would eventually hold 30-40 students and was the site of the presentation of an overview of the school, they provided water/coffee there as well. The presentation was from 8-9ish, then they started the group interview process with about 5 groups of 6-7 students and 2 facilitators.

The group interview lasts about 45 minutes or so and starts with each person of the group introducing themselves. After this they offer up a scenario and ask what they think we should do and the group works through it to come up with an answer. Theres no right or wrong answer they want to see that you're not shy to comment, dominating the conversation, and your views and answers aren't too extreme. For preparation i would look through mock medical interview scenarios and just come up with some practice answers, I liked the group interview style for these because you could build off each other, it was definitely a collaborative effort.

After the group presentation there's another presentation and a Q&A with an administrator while about 5 individuals at a time are pulled from the room to complete a 2 on 1 interview that lasts a maximum of 10 minutes and they ask individualized questions (still closed file). After this is financial aid presentation, quick tour, then lunch with option of sitting with current students and an optional tour of wellness center. Overall lasts till about 1pm.
Thank you so much! Sounds pretty relaxed but I am still going to study hard for my interviews. I will definitely go over mock medical interview scenarios! Thank you for the advice! I hope you did well

Reactions: 1 user

After the group interview there's another presentation and a Q&A with an administrator while about 5 individuals at a time are pulled from the room to complete a 2 on 1 interview that lasts a maximum of 10 minutes and they ask individualized questions (still closed file). After this is financial aid presentation, quick tour, then lunch with option of sitting with current students and an optional tour of wellness center. Overall lasts till about 1pm.

Did they say when you will hear back for decision?

Thank you so much! Sounds pretty relaxed but I am still going to study hard for my interviews. I will definitely go over mock medical interview scenarios! Thank you for the advice! I hope you did well

Yeah that definitely sounds like a good plan and thanks so much!

Did they say when you will hear back for decision?

They told us all it generally takes around a month or so but was pretty vague. They also said that we get a notification in the portal that "a decision has been made" but we don't know what it is until they mail the physical letter with our decision home, guessing all that happens within the month they told us.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah that definitely sounds like a good plan and thanks so much!

They told us all it generally takes around a month or so but was pretty vague. They also said that we get a notification in the portal that "a decision has been made" but we don't know what it is until they mail the physical letter with our decision home, guessing all that happens within the month they told us.
I interviewed there on 9/11 and haven't seen any changes to my portal yet. Not really sure why that may be or if I'm looking in the right place?

How do I withdraw my application from LECOM? Is there a way to do it in the portal?

II just now for Seton Hill. First II this cycle.

Text and email notifications. Complete date (need to look up-update later).

I’m shaking a bit and kind of crying at work. So glad I’m all alone in this room right now.

II from Seton Hill. Email was in my spam folder. Wouldn't have known if they didn't text me. What a meme.

But super EXCITED!

II from Seton Hill. Email was in my spam folder. Wouldn't have known if they didn't text me. What a meme.

But super EXCITED!

Yeah. It was in my spam folder too. I only knew because I signed up for text updates. I saw the text notice and assumed it was a reject. Then I read the attachment, squeaked and cried.

So I got my II a few weeks ago, but the earliest date was in December (Seton Hill). Is this late to interview? I'm nervous about being waitlisted because they don't have seats left.

Just a heads up, as I have seen multiple people talk about timeline of hearing back post interview. I applied and interviewed LECOM-erie last cycle. Took about 6-7 weeks to get the notification that "a decision has been made" to my portal, then roughly 3-4 days for the decision to come in the mail. Best of luck to all applying!

For those who got II at Seton Hill what were your stats like if you don't mind sharing? Submitted around Aug 20 with MCAT scores sent in a month later. Want to know if I still have a shot!

For those who got II at Seton Hill what were your stats like if you don't mind sharing? Submitted around Aug 20 with MCAT scores sent in a month later. Want to know if I still have a shot!

My MCAT is a 510 and my GPA is a 3.46, but I do know their median MCAT is more around a 500

This is probably answered already but is it really beneficial to submit SAT scores? If so, do we have to send both SAT and ACT (assuming we took both and reported both in the secondary)?

Question: Threads for previous years say that after approximately 4-8 weeks there’s a portal change/notice of “a decision has been made” and a letter arrives snail mail. That is SO ambiguous a statement. Is that a phrase used for acceptance, rejection, and waitlist? So all encompassing?

My neuroses are already going like crazy and I haven’t even interviewed yet.

So I got my II a few weeks ago, but the earliest date was in December (Seton Hill). Is this late to interview? I'm nervous about being waitlisted because they don't have seats left.

Guys feeling pretty down right now. My application for LECOM has been under review for almost 3 months. I call them at 2-3 a month. Just checking on my status, at this point in the cycle I have only done one interview for a school. So its looking pretty bad and I might not be getting in this cycle sadly. Any tips, or what can I do

Guys feeling pretty down right now. My application for LECOM has been under review for almost 3 months. I call them at 2-3 a month. Just checking on my status, at this point in the cycle I have only done one interview for a school. So its looking pretty bad and I might not be getting in this cycle sadly. Any tips, or what can I do
What are your stats? I interviewed back on July 20th, and I believe they run interviews every Friday. It is still so early. I would give it a little more time because it is a large school.

Just got an II. Is this interview 1v1 or a group on like at Seton Hill?

What are your stats? I interviewed back on July 20th, and I believe they run interviews every Friday. It is still so early. I would give it a little more time because it is a large school.
GPA 3.81
Science GPA 3.88
MCAT-495
AIS- 114
Have nursing background
Lots of volunteering
Missions trips under my sleeve
Ive emailed the admissions people of the campus and they have been super nice about it. I sent in my application first day cycle opened. Didn't have MCAT until around July. My mcat does not meet their minimum so I knew i would need to apply with my AIS but, they have had my AIS since the beginning of the cycle.

GPA 3.81
Science GPA 3.88
MCAT-495
AIS- 114
Have nursing background
Lots of volunteering
Missions trips under my sleeve
Ive emailed the admissions people of the campus and they have been super nice about it. I sent in my application first day cycle opened. Didn't have MCAT until around July. My mcat does not meet their minimum so I knew i would need to apply with my AIS but, they have had my AIS since the beginning of the cycle.
I don't think they have an MCAT minimum...I interviewed with a 497, excellent ECs, masters in anatomy, teach anatomy etc. Maybe your MCAT is holding you back? I am not sure. Your stats seem good. They emphasized that they are very holistic in their review. I would keep on them. I know they do hold a ton of interviews.

II today, dates available on Fridays in November, complete early October

I interviewed there on 9/11 and haven't seen any changes to my portal yet. Not really sure why that may be or if I'm looking in the right place?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they send all decisions via snail mail. My girlfriend interviewed here on 9/14 and got her letter 2 weeks later on the dot

Question: Threads for previous years say that after approximately 4-8 weeks there’s a portal change/notice of “a decision has been made” and a letter arrives snail mail. That is SO ambiguous a statement. Is that a phrase used for acceptance, rejection, and waitlist? So all encompassing?

My neuroses are already going like crazy and I haven’t even interviewed yet.
Unfortunately, yes that is an all encompassing term. "A decision has been made" will appear for all interviewed students, no matter if you are rejected, waitlisted or accepted, and there is no other way to find out other than by waiting for the snail mail to arrive.

Anyone who completed their secondary late July/ early August still waiting for interview? I don't know if this is a silent rejection...... I'm hoping 510 on the mcat and 3.6 gpa will at least score me an interview here but I guess that's not the case lol :dead:

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone who completed their secondary late July/ early August still waiting for interview? I don't know if this is a silent rejection...... I'm hoping 510 on the mcat and 3.6 gpa will at least score me an interview here but I guess that's not the case lol :dead:
I was complete in June lol, I have received an II from all other DO schools except for this one. I don't know what the deal with this school is tbh

For those who interviewed at Seton hill, how was your overall impression? (positive and negative), i looked through the student interview feedback but its a little difficult to distinguish when the response is talking about erie versus SH

I interviewed at Erie on 10/19 and had a very positive experience here! For anyone who received their admissions decision, about how long did it take for you to get it? I'm sorry if this is repetitive, the answers I've seen on here seem very varied and I'm just trying to get a general idea because I'm both nervous and excited to hear back. Thank you so much for your input in advance!

Hello everyone, I just got an II here. Earliest dates available are in late december, however, I won't be able to go to the interviews in December due to personal reasons. The earliest date I can do is the third week of January. Do you think this will affect my chances at all?

Hello everyone, I just got an II here. Earliest dates available are in late december, however, I won't be able to go to the interviews in December due to personal reasons. The earliest date I can do is the third week of January. Do you think this will affect my chances at all?
when were you completed?

Just received an II for this school! Super excited!! However, upon scheduling the interview on their portal, there are no available dates listed at all. I even checked all the way up to March 2019. Has this happened to someone else?

Just received an II for this school! Super excited!! However, upon scheduling the interview on their portal, there are no available dates listed at all. I even checked all the way up to March 2019. Has this happened to someone else?

When were you two complete?
I have been complete since mid August and haven't heard anything.

Got an II today at Seton Hill, interview date is early January.

Reactions: 2 users