2018-2019 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if LECOM sends out acceptances earlier than rejections?? I just got my portal change to a decision has been made and was wondering since it is later in the month if that means not so good news

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m a noob. What’s a LM of 71 mean?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
It's a way to calculate your relative rank i guess... you can google LizzyM calculator and input GPA/MCAT and it gives you a score and tells you what other schools are scored!

I checked yesterday morning at 4:30 am EST and my status was still unchanged. I checked again last evening and it was updated. Interviewed SH on 09/25. Good luck everyone, fingers crossed!

Reactions: 1 users
My portal changed to "decision made" last Tuesday around this time (1 PM EST). Hoping to see the letter in my mailbox today or tomorrow. Interviewed on 10/26 at Erie.

Spent enough time lurking on these threads and I finally cracked and made an account. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
My portal changed to "decision made" last Tuesday around this time (1 PM EST). Hoping to see the letter in my mailbox today or tomorrow. Interviewed on 10/26 at Erie.

I am signed up for the USPS Informed Delivery so I see the front of each letter that comes my way. I have a feeling that the day I see the image of a letter from LECOM I am going to spend the whole day panicking and likely getting absolutely nothing done. Anxiety may kill me that day.

Dumb question: I haven’t seen it on their website, does LECOM have dedicated time to prep for COMLEX and USMLE? Do you need extra prep for each exam?

I am signed up for the USPS Informed Delivery so I see the front of each letter that comes my way. I have a feeling that the day I see the image of a letter from LECOM I am going to spend the whole day panicking and likely getting absolutely nothing done. Anxiety may kill me that day.
It is definitely a difficult wait, but I try to stay positive. Currently I am at my research tech job wondering if there is anything in my mailbox. Would be nice to have informed delivery.

Members don't see this ad :)
Snail mail

I'm so sorry, I wasn't clear. Do you know when your portal changed from "thank you for interviewing" to "a decision has been made"? I know they have to send all decisions through the mail and i'm going crazy waiting! So obviously i'm overanalyzing everything lol.

I'm so sorry, I wasn't clear. Do you know when your portal changed from "thank you for interviewing" to "a decision has been made"? I know they have to send all decisions through the mail and i'm going crazy waiting! So obviously i'm overanalyzing everything lol.
Ohhh... I think last tuesday actually, but with thanksgiving in between seems like the mail slowed down.

Ohhh... I think last tuesday actually, but with thanksgiving in between seems like the mail slowed down.

I feel that, my portal changed to "a decision has been made" Wednesday morning and I still haven't gotten my letter, and I'm even a PA resident.

I feel that, my portal changed to "a decision has been made" Wednesday morning and I still haven't gotten my letter, and I'm even a PA resident.
PA resident here as well. We should both receive them soon. Hope they are good news. Best of luck! When did you interview?

Does anyone know if LECOM sends out acceptances earlier than rejections?? I just got my portal change to a decision has been made and was wondering since it is later in the month if that means not so good news

I am wondering about this as well, I've seen mixed answers about the subject. I just can't think of a logical reason why they would send out all acceptances on a specific date and waitlist everyone after, like if they know who they want and who they don't then why would they not just let everyone know at once? But I could very well be wrong. Would be interested to hear everyone's input. :)

I am wondering about this as well, I've seen mixed answers about the subject. I just can't think of a logical reason why they would send out all acceptances on a specific date and waitlist everyone after, like if they know who they want and who they don't then why would they not just let everyone know at once? But I could very well be wrong. Would be interested to hear everyone's input. :)
This sounds like a bunch of superstitious stuff

Hey guys. Do you guys think people who got acceptances received their portal change/letters earlier on as compared to people who got rejected? I interviewed all the way back in the end of September and just recently got a portal change saying a decision has been made. I’m just trying to figure out if that’s likely to be bad news since it took so long to get the portal change.

Thanks!

Has anyone with less than a 3.2 science GPA been admitted?

Alternate listed. Now it's time to sit back and hope.

Last edited:
Also interviewed in September and got the "decision has been made update." Bradenton told us we can call the office at this point instead of waiting for the letter, anyone know if this is the same policy at Erie?
Any updates on that?

Are all those who got alternate listed Erie applicants? Anyone from SH? And did you get a status update on 11/16 or after?

Is alternate listing the same as waitlist?

My alternate listing was from SH. Status update after 11/16.

My alternate listing was from SH. Status update after 11/16.

It seems those who had status updates on 11/16 were accepted, and those after were alternate listed. I received my status update on Monday, so we will see what happens.

Hello everyone! First time posting on here. I interviewed on Sept. 28th, and I just received the letter in the mail today that I’m eligible for the alternate list. Reading through the previous pages it seems like there are a lot of people that received the alternate status as well. Should I not put much weight on being accepted here then? Being notified so late... I feel like I’m behind a hundred people on this alternate list. It’s heartbreaking. Thank you in advance for any input given.

Alternate and withdrawing, good luck to everyone else!

I think I must have bombed my interview to get waitlisted with my stats and ECs. Feeling pretty dejected because I really like this school. I've been reading threads from previous years to try to gauge their alternate list movement but it looks like it varies from year to year. Would any other alternate listed people be interested in a specific 2018 LECOM alternate list "support group" thread?

I interviewed at Seton Hill about 2 weeks ago and my portal status went from the "congrats on the interview" to now saying "app is under review". Is that normal after an interview?

Dumb, neurotic premed question:

At the interview we select our campus preference. At least that’s what I gather from reading other posts.

What happens if I pick SH but they don’t have enough spots? I’d go to Erie if I had to but I’m guessing my preference (having not been there yet) is going to be SH.

Do you get to rank or otherwise note that you’d go to the other campus if you can’t get into the other? Am I severely overthinking this?

Is this a legit concern?

I interviewed at Seton Hill about 2 weeks ago and my portal status went from the "congrats on the interview" to now saying "app is under review". Is that normal after an interview?
Damn, I interviewed recently too and mine still says "congrats on the interview"

Dumb, neurotic premed question:

At the interview we select our campus preference. At least that’s what I gather from reading other posts.

What happens if I pick SH but they don’t have enough spots? I’d go to Erie if I had to but I’m guessing my preference (having not been there yet) is going to be SH.

Do you get to rank or otherwise note that you’d go to the other campus if you can’t get into the other? Am I severely overthinking this?

Is this a legit concern?

You get to rank the learning pathway and campus during the interview. I wouldn't worry too much about not getting into SH as there should still be plenty of seats. They'll go by what you ranked highest and down the list if it's not available. There are 6 options(5 if not a PA), PBL SH, PBL Erie, DLP, LBP, PCAP, PAP. PAP is the PA one, so rank it 6. If you rank SH as your #1 but it's full, they'll try to match you to your #2 and go down the list.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user