2018-2019 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Current third year here. Was not on sdn much because of rotations, but if you guys have questions, I'd be happy to answer some the best I can! (You can post on this forum, but since so many people post here, your question may get lost, so feel free to DM me as well and I'll get back to you as soon as I can). Did the first two years as a LDP student on the Erie Campus, so I apologize but I have no info on Seton Hill, and only limited information on DSP/PBL/PCSP/APAP.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Got my acceptance letter in the mail today for Seton Hill! LM score 65 loads of EC like D1 college sport..top choice will be attending...never post on here because of SDN being over the top but it’s still been helpful at times so wanted to share...interviewed 12/11! You have to be patient with them :) good luck to all!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Complete on 6/20/18 and haven't still haven't heard a thing. What's good LECOM?? They must not have looked at my application yet :laugh:

I just got a letter saying I am an alternate at Seton Hill but I haven’t attended my 2/27 interview yet. Has this happened to anyone else?

Edit: I also just checked my portal and my portal shows an admission decision has been made.

Last edited:
I just got a letter saying I am an alternate at Seton Hill but I haven’t attended my 2/27 interview yet. Has this happened to anyone else?

Edit: I also just checked my portal and my portal shows an admission decision has been made.

Is it addressed to you?

I definitely suggest calling them Monday morning to get things cleared up. Sounds like a computer glitch.

My letter is addressed to me on the envelope and on the actual letter itself.

That is just weird. Are you a reapplicant? Did you interview last year? Again. Probably a glitch. Worthy of a phone call.

If it’s not a glitch, congrats on your alternate status! Jealous.

That is just weird. Are you a reapplicant? Did you interview last year? Again. Probably a glitch. Worthy of a phone call.

If it’s not a glitch, congrats on your alternate status! Jealous.
I am not a reapplicant. But I think it is wise to call because interview might be important in alternate list decision fate.

After the portal change, how long did it take for people to receive their letter in the mail?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 12/14 (erie campus)
Called to ask if I was still interested in DSP last week.
Acceptance letter today.
Thanks for all the support SDN members
Im a long time lurker.
GL everyone

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed 12/14 (erie campus)
Called to ask if I was still interested in DSP last week.
Acceptance letter today.
Thanks for all the support SDN members
Im a long time lurker.
GL everyone

How did you rank DSP? I’m still curious how they do the math on this stuff.

How did you rank DSP? I’m still curious how they do the math on this stuff.
DSP was number 1 for me. it seemed like a good hybrid between the ldp and the pbl.
jokes on them because i wouldve done the underwater dance curriculum if it got me in lol.
idk if ur pathway choice matters tho. i think if they want u they want u. cause the phone call i got sounded almost like hey if u wanna change now let me know

When did you apply/secondary, what are your stats if you don't mine my asking
I was complete on 10/02/18 (under review since then until now). uGPA 3.71, sGPA 3.75, MCAT 498, lots of experiences, especially research

Post interview letter arrived. Says that o should consider their Masters one medical Science program. Oddest rejection I’ve gotten so far. I’m so confused!

That’s it for this cycle. MCAT, here I come again.

Post interview letter arrived. Says that o should consider their Masters one medical Science program. Oddest rejection I’ve gotten so far. I’m so confused!

Oh man, so sorry it wasn't the acceptance you were hoping for. If your MCAT isn't terrible you might consider a masters, that's my plan if I am not accepted somewhere this cycle. Best of luck to you, don't give up!

Oh man, so sorry it wasn't the acceptance you were hoping for. If your MCAT isn't terrible you might consider a masters, that's my plan if I am not accepted somewhere this cycle. Best of luck to you, don't give up!
What were your stats?

LM of about 60. I have lowish stats from my undergrad. Finished that 10 years ago. Got a Masters after that. Entomology. That and 10+ years clinical experience isn’t good enough I guess.

Sorry to hear that ): Were you offered to join the alternate list or was it a direct rejection?

Nope. It was an invitation to apply to their Masters program. That’s it.
I don't want to get your hopes up or anything but that may be an unrelated coincidence. I would expect a direct rejection to also accompany something like that. I know I've gotten emails from a bunch of school to apply to their Master's programs (including ones prior to interviewing at them). May be worth it to call and see. Good luck!

I don't want to get your hopes up or anything but that may be an unrelated coincidence. I would expect a direct rejection to also accompany something like that. I know I've gotten emails from a bunch of school to apply to their Master's programs (including ones prior to interviewing at them). May be worth it to call and see. Good luck!

It’s just weird. I spent this whole experience expecting to have one of three outcomes. I expected and prepared for those: rejection, waitlist, acceptance. Apparently there is a sort-of-fourth I had no clue existed.

I have consumed a V-Day heart full of KitKat candies. I feel a bit queesy, but I can deal. I’ll just keep working on my DIY postbac and prep for the MCAT again. Never give up. Never surrender.

Reactions: 5 users
Hey all , I applied here way back in July with AIS 113 and GPA 3.7 . My portal has been the same for forever , so I emailed them in November asking about it , and they said that my stats met their minimum and my GPA was above their average , but the AIS was not at their average (although it was at their minimum). She told me to keep posting new grades and experiences with the upcoming semesters. In January, I updated my application with such things , and then my portal finally changed to "we have made a decision , we will notify you within 30 days ". It's been 30 days and I have heard nothing. What could this possibly mean ?? I tried calling but they will not give me answers .I have not been offered an interview yet .

I turned down my II from LECOM (1/2) as I was accepted to another school. This seemed like a great school and would've gotten me out of the Midwest. Unfortunately, they didn't send the II early enough. :(

Hope it goes to one of you who are waiting!

Submitted my secondary and was complete 12/2 but haven't heard anything yet. Is this normal? Is it ever acceptable to contact them to inquire about your status before an interview invite?

I turned down my II from LECOM (1/2) as I was accepted to another school. This seemed like a great school and would've gotten me out of the Midwest. Unfortunately, they didn't send the II early enough. :(

Hope it goes to one of you who are waiting!
why didnt you go to the interview? plenty of people change their minds after getting accepted into a school. You never know how youll feel about a school until you go visit. A deposit to save your seat is really a drop in the bucket to your loans if it means picking the school that is right for you

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! Just had to move my interview from Feb 22nd to a later date if anybody wanted to take up that spot real quick :)

Interviewed in November at SH
Noticed portal status changed to decision made this weekend
lol

Interviewed in November at SH
Noticed portal status changed to decision made this weekend
lol
I interviewed at SH in November as well and portal changed for me in the middle of last week. Looks like that 6-8 weeks they told us was a little off

Can anyone tell me where I can see my application status on the portal? Their site is not the best to navigate...

Can anyone tell me where I can see my application status on the portal? Their site is not the best to navigate...
Once you sign in, go to admissions (if on mobile click the menu on the top left, then select admissions) then scroll all the way down, on the bottom right it says "view admissions status" (on mobile it's in the center), I know this by heart unfortunately

+1
Once you sign in, go to admissions (if on mobile click the menu on the top left, then select admissions) then scroll all the way down, on the bottom right it says "view admissions status" (on mobile it's in the center), I know this by heart unfortunately

I've accepted a spot on the alternate list and my letter stated that the seat was at SH campus, but on my portal it's listed under Erie. Has this happened to anyone else?

Are there any current LECOM SH students present that can help answer some questions for a prospective student?

I'm actually shocked I got in, I was prepared for a rejection because they took so long to make a decision.

I think I'll be accepting my offer here at the SH campus.

Does anyone know about a class of 2023 Facebook page yet?

Reactions: 3 users
II received recently. There are dates available from the beginning of March to the beginning of May. I'm leaning toward March 22nd. The other option is March 8. Does it make a big difference for my chances at acceptance if I choose the 22nd?

Anyone interview at Erie on Feb 1st? I've yet to hear back. Was hoping it would be quick.